• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance/Manners, picky w/ mags

vwpilot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2007
www.jimsykes.com
I have three guns with Defiance Tenacity actions and Manners T2A GAP stocks. With the first two, I have been using AI mags and they work great. I tried Magpul mags and they would not even lock into the mini-actions of the Manners stocks.

I recently got the third Manners directly from them. It came with an Accurate mag. Once I installed the action into it, the mag would not seat into the stock. I can force it in, but then you have to really push hard on the release to get it back out. The AI mags go in very easily and release with a slight finger push on the release.

So with this combo, I have had complete luck and ease of use in all three with the AI mags. However, I have not had any luck with Magpul or the Accurate mags not even being able to seat into the stock.

Has anyone else had these issues or have any thoughts? I dont mind just using the AI mags, however, it would be nice to have the option of others if need be. Manners included the Accurate, so I would assume, according to them it should work. Any thoughts on why nothing but the AI is working?

Magpul AICS mags are hit or miss. I have a rifle they won't click in, one that they are a hard push and a couple they pop in. I use Accurate, MDT and AICS mags and they all work in my Manners with mini chassis and another with BO DBM.

Magpul AICS mags are hit or miss. I have a rifle they won't click in, one that they are a hard push and a couple they pop in. I use Accurate, MDT and AICS mags and they all work in my Manners with mini chassis and another with BO DBM.
6GT and MDT mags dont mix

Measure the external length and width dimensions as well as locking tab height of the AI mags and compare with the Magpul and Accurate mag. Measure mag well for reference. Might have to sand some material off the Magpul to get it close to 3.055" to 3.060" external length. Might also have to sand or file some material off the locking tab of the magazines (both Magpul and Accurate) if they're at different heights compared to the AI mags

I will try to take some more measurements. I have tried to take some and it seems that all the measurements are within a few thousandths. But I was doing it kinda quickly.

I was really just trying to see if anyone else has had issues with mag fitments in Manners stocks using the Tenacity action and had an easy fix. All three guns, one 6gt, one 6.5cm and one .308 all feed and work perfectly with the AI mags. The last stock came with an Accurate mag and it will not fit in any of the three guns.

I dont have an issue just sticking with AI mags, it would just be nice to have the flexibility if need be and not have the Accurate go to waste.