• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Scope rail, how many in/lbs?

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
Got a wheeler fat wrench today. When I purchased my defiance tenacity action , it come with a sticker that said “picitanny rail torqued to 20 in/lbs no loctite applied”
Is it good to go? I’m getting mixed online answers on how tight the screws should be torqued , and whether or not to use blue loctite. Also if I do need to put blue loctite on the screws , is this the correct stuff pictured here?

Two posts asking the same question.
The manufacturer says 20-in/lb and you're asking the internet for advice instead of heeding the manufacturer's specifications...

Wow.

Reactions: lariat
The manufacturer says 20-in/lb and you're asking the internet for advice instead of heeding the manufacturer's specifications...

Wow.
And just an fyi , the MANUFACTURER didn’t say squat about scope rail being torqued , MY RETAILER left a sticker , big difference

Wow.
So hard to understand why so many people on here act like dickheads

Last edited:
Your post didn't indicate who placed the decal. Had to make the assumption it was Defiance.
Either way, you should be aware by now how much bad advice is given out on the web. It's as much a source of bad and good info.
Your best bet in this situation or any situation like this is to consult the manufacturer. In the case of them not being available, there are many, many screw torque charts available for download.

Regardless, the torque advice given to you by Spife was correct. Even though adding locktite will slightly increase the actual torque on the fastener and therefore increase the clamping force, it's not enough to harm the fastener. The Locktite should prevent the screws from backing out in the future.
Make sure to clean the screws and the holes with something like alcohol before installing the rail.

Mike is right. I will add that you would be best served to print out a torque chart and store it in a “Book of Knowledge “ for future reference. A torque wrench is worthless or worse if the required information doesn’t go along with it.