• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance tenacity bolt question

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    The is my first bolt gun build. Have everything I need. Looking to remove the extractor and ejector to headspace the barrel. Buying a Sinclair ejector removal tool so I have that part. But not sure on the extractor. I'm a very visual learner and I can't find a video of anyone doing this. I e done it to a bunch of gas guns and it seems pretty straight forward. Not sure on this though. I watched a preferred barrel video and I don't think he took either out to do it. Is it completely nessesary? I don't want to mess anything up, cause the action is worth more than some of the firearms I own.

Thanks!

You just need a punch to remove the ejector. You drive the pin out while your finger is over the ejector so it doesn't shoot across the room.

You just knock the pin out on the extractor. Nothing difficult about it you dont have to remove it. Just pull the ejector, insert the gauge under the extractor, and close the bolt. The hard material and sharp edge of the gauge may chew the end of the extractor if you put the gauge in the chamber then try to close the bolt.

I highly recommend the ejector removal tool, it makes life alot easier. You can leave the extractor installed if you just slip the headspace gauge under it before trying to close the bolt.

Reactions: Dildobaggins