• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance tenacity magazine

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So a few months ago, I purchased a defiance tenacity short action for a 6mm creedmoor I wanted to build. Guy I talked to was very nice and tried answering all my questions. These things were out of stock everywhere. He said he had 1 left so I bought it. However I didn't ask a few questions I should have. I don't know if this is a BDM or BDL box cut. I want to purchase my stock and trigger tomorrow. Anyway to tell what this is? Also does anyone run this action with a magazine with no binder plate or would modification to the action be needed? I've been researching this for awhile. I researched ar15 builds here and there and have done a dozen with zero issues. I'm beginning to see that bolt gun builds are a different beast, and at least for me far more difficult. Forgive me if this is a stupid question idk if this picture will help. Also, attached is what is on GA website for the action. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_001844.jpg
      IMG_20220115_001844.jpg
      406.7 KB · Views: 105
    • Screenshot_20220115-002636.png
      Screenshot_20220115-002636.png
      378.4 KB · Views: 89
    Last edited:
    Says it in that second pic. Its got basically a standard remington bottom cut. So you can use AICS(single feed) mags, or a BDL style hinged floorplate. With a 6cm, you shouldnt need a longer than standard magazine.

Says it in that second pic. Its got basically a standard remington bottom cut. So you can use AICS(single feed) mags, or a BDL style hinged floorplate.
    Okay I was confused by that because above it, it says hinged floor plate and center feed detachable mags. Again...I'm an idiot. Thank you for the clarification! Any idea if I can use a mag without a binder plate? I got a criterion match barrel Saami spec with a .183 freebore, I'm worried I might have to load to mag length instead of being about to go off the lands by a few thoh. Figured no binder plate might give me a little more wiggle room.

I dont think you’ll need a binderless magazine. My chamber is .190 freebore and I run 115’s at a .020 jump. Oal is 2.810. Easy fit in a standard or magpul AICS pattern mag.
    View attachment 7784815View attachment 7784816
    Awesome info! Thanks man! I'd like to try those. My barrel is a 1- 8 twist. Checked the berger bullet stability and it says I should be good to go.