• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Tenacity

Average guy

Low IQ truth teller
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 25, 2018
    Just ordered a nitride finish Tenacity action. Seems like an awesome action. What’s everyone’s thoughts ??

Reactions: moosemeat
    Very happy with mine. I think it’s the best “deal” in actions and would pick it again over many higher priced actions for tactical/hunting rifles.

Reactions: Average guy
    I’ve got a couple of the tenacity actions and I don’t believe there’s a better action available for the money. I’m sure you’ll like yours and enjoy it as much as I do mine.
    I gotta tell you something though, mine are better. Yep, I think mine are a lot better and nicer. I can honestly say that without even looking at the one you got. It’s not because yours is nitride coated and mine aren’t. If you don’t believe me just ask me why.

I’ve got a couple of the tenacity actions and I don’t believe there’s a better action available for the money. I’m sure you’ll like yours and enjoy it as much as I do mine.
    I gotta tell you something though, mine are better. Yep, I think mine are a lot better and nicer. I can honestly say that without even looking at the one you got. It’s not because yours is nitride coated and mine aren’t. If you don’t believe me just ask me why.
    Ok whys that because they are yours

Reactions: jcmullis2
    Ok whys that because they are yours
    Absolutely! All shit aside you made a good choice. You really won’t find a better action especially for the price. If you wanna use prefit shouldered barrels check out patriot valley arms. Their barrels will shoot sub 1/2 moa with factory ammo when I do my part. There’s so much stuff available that it just amazes me. Yes sir you choose wisely. Good luck and happy shooting 👍

Absolutely! All shit aside you made a good choice. You really won’t find a better action especially for the price. If you wanna use prefit shouldered barrels check out patriot valley arms. Their barrels will shoot sub 1/2 moa with factory ammo when I do my part. There’s so much stuff available that it just amazes me. Yes sir you choose wisely. Good luck and happy shooting 👍
    Thank for the insight. I am excited to get the action for sure. I’ve always shot factory actions so it will be good to compare the 2. I think it will make a sweet 6xc.

Thank for the insight. I am excited to get the action for sure. I’ve always shot factory actions so it will be good to compare the 2. I think it will make a sweet 6xc.
    There’s no comparison. I love my many and I mean many Remington rifles. However when there’s money on the table I use one of my defiance rigs. Yes sir, you’re in for a real treat.

If that’s what they call a sale I guess they are. I just paid $675 at PVA for one of their prefit barrels with the cut rifling. If I had went with button rifling it would have been about $525. I don’t know which type of barrel straight jacket armory uses but the least expensive one they offer is $725. I can’t say anything bad about their products because I don’t have any but I can tell you about Patriot Valley Arms. It took about 2 weeks to get my barrel because they were out when I called about ordering one. They said they were cutting a batch that week and mine would go out in a few days unless I wanted to pay the extra money for an express job. I wasn’t in a situation where I needed it that fast so I chose to wait. The barrel shoots as good as any Bartlein or Krieger I have and the headspace was spot on. I’m sure straight jacket armory has good stuff too but it looks like they charge a little bit more even when it’s on sale.

I bought it from Altus. They had it in stock. I believe it was $980. I would highly recommend Altus. Great guys to deal with.
    You should put up some pics when you get. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who wants to check it out.

I got my rifle put together today. I am seriously impressed with this action. Smooth and solid. Can’t wait to shoot it tomorrow.

Attachments

• B2B3FF01-3B62-45BC-A138-9455B68590D2.jpeg
      B2B3FF01-3B62-45BC-A138-9455B68590D2.jpeg
      466.9 KB · Views: 603
    • F44C0AD6-B48D-40B5-81BF-DCA817F7EE43.jpeg
      F44C0AD6-B48D-40B5-81BF-DCA817F7EE43.jpeg
      555.3 KB · Views: 704
    • 9394299E-6417-4AB5-A4B1-8D39AAB5214A.jpeg
      9394299E-6417-4AB5-A4B1-8D39AAB5214A.jpeg
      413.1 KB · Views: 593
    • BF1BAB56-BFBF-45CF-AA1E-490644AC190F.jpeg
      BF1BAB56-BFBF-45CF-AA1E-490644AC190F.jpeg
      780 KB · Views: 595
    • ADCEDCF3-8EB8-4C42-9885-2AAC234C2162.jpeg
      ADCEDCF3-8EB8-4C42-9885-2AAC234C2162.jpeg
      831 KB · Views: 561
    • FB47BE45-2E94-4767-BAFB-4815856ECADB.jpeg
      FB47BE45-2E94-4767-BAFB-4815856ECADB.jpeg
      380.3 KB · Views: 554
    Really nice. I love the KRG Bravo. It looked like you went with a barrel nut setup. What barrel are you using and chambering? Really sweet rig 👍

Really nice. I love the KRG Bravo. It looked like you went with a barrel nut setup. What barrel are you using and chambering? Really sweet rig 👍
    I use Criterion prefit barrels sourced from Northland shooters supply. I’m on my 5th barrel and they are all great shooters(-.5). This rifle is chambered in 6xc. It’s become my go to caliber

I’m using a triggertech special. It feels like I’m getting a small amount on close.

What contour is that @Average guy?

You might be an average guy but that rifle is above average my friend, well done!

I'm very intrigued by the Tenacity. I'd love to feel one to compare to my Origin in that price range.

What contour is that @Average guy?

You might be an average guy but that rifle is above average my friend, well done!

I'm very intrigued by the Tenacity. I'd love to feel one to compare to my Origin in that price range.
    That is a criterion varmit contour. Same weight as a medium Palma. I really like this action. It’s very smooth. I would recommend it.

From reading the description for the Tenacity it appears to use the same threads as a Remington 700. Are you using the Criterion Remage barrel for it? I have one on a Remington action and wouldn't mind stepping up to a similar setup on a custom action.

From reading the description for the Tenacity it appears to use the same threads as a Remington 700. Are you using the Criterion Remage barrel for it? I have one on a Remington action and wouldn't mind stepping up to a similar setup on a custom action.
    That is exactly what I did. I was running a trued Remington before the Tenacity. I highly recommend the tenacity. You will like it.

I got my rifle put together today. I am seriously impressed with this action. Smooth and solid. Can’t wait to shoot it tomorrow.
    Your gun is very nice, almost exactly what I have been thinking about for months. I have a few questions if you don't mind?

I really like the Defiance actions, the Tenacity fits my needs just fine. Other than the barrel nut set up( I would prefer a shouldered pre fit barrel) you built my gun!

I was adamant on the solid recoil lug and the 20moa rail, not to mention the KRG stock! You have all of those things, not to mention a better trigger than I may have decided on.

So................I have been really looking at the Seekins Havoc Bravo. The rail is keyed, not pinned. Same stock, Timney trigger. Rock Creek barrel, not sure how they match up with Criterion but they are made in Wisconsin so I like that.

By my math you spent a bit more but not much, the Seekins can be had by me locally for $1900ish.

Am I missing something or are they fairly compatible?

Your gun is very nice, almost exactly what I have been thinking about for months. I have a few questions if you don't mind?

I really like the Defiance actions, the Tenacity fits my needs just fine. Other than the barrel nut set up( I would prefer a shouldered pre fit barrel) you built my gun!

I was adamant on the solid recoil lug and the 20moa rail, not to mention the KRG stock! You have all of those things, not to mention a better trigger than I may have decided on.

So................I have been really looking at the Seekins Havoc Bravo. The rail is keyed, not pinned. Same stock, Timney trigger. Rock Creek barrel, not sure how they match up with Criterion but they are made in Wisconsin so I like that.

By my math you spent a bit more but not much, the Seekins can be had by me locally for $1900ish.

Am I missing something or are they fairly compatible?
    I would say the are comparable. The rail on the defiance action is very secure. The pins are a very precise fit. I’m not familiar with shouldered prefit availability with the seekins action. I know they are quite common for the newer generation Defiance actions. Either way would yield a fine rifle for sure.

I would say the are comparable. The rail on the defiance action is very secure. The pins are a very precise fit. I’m not familiar with shouldered prefit availability with the seekins action. I know they are quite common for the newer generation Defiance actions. Either way would yield a fine rifle for sure.
    Thanks a ton for your reply and advice. I REALLY like the Defiance actions, I think they are a bit nicer than the Seekins action, just a little. I've read ad nauseum on both and it seems to come down to personal preference.
    My problem would be logistics. I can buy the Seekins rifle cash and carry, the Defiance action would be shipping and a transfer fee. There is no one remotely close to me that deals in them. It will probably be the Seekins but you never know?????????????????????

Having cycled the Tenacity (or any Defiance action for that matter) and Seekins bolt action both, in my opinion they're not in the same league. Defiance makes the smoothest actions around. Seekins makes good stuff and I would trust them w/any semi-rifles or accessories, no question about it, but when it comes to bolt actions Defiance is in another category.

Thanks a ton for your reply and advice. I REALLY like the Defiance actions, I think they are a bit nicer than the Seekins action, just a little. I've read ad nauseum on both and it seems to come down to personal preference.
    My problem would be logistics. I can buy the Seekins rifle cash and carry, the Defiance action would be shipping and a transfer fee. There is no one remotely close to me that deals in them. It will probably be the Seekins but you never know?????????????????????

I ordered mine from Altus. Shipping was minimal and fast. My smith Got it 3 days after I ordered it. Less than 900 including shipping and my smith’s transfer fee.

Contact Altus shooting. They had mine in stock. Awesome guys to deal with.

I second the recommendation on Altus, building my first PR now and I got the Defiance Ruckus action, Proof profit CF barrel in 6.5CM, Timney trigger, and my 419 brake through them. The customer service was outstanding (they answered some dumb new guy questions without making me feel like a dumb new guy) and when the USPS lost the order enroute to my FFL, Altus chased them until it was found and were a day away from putting a whole new package together to get to me. Congrats OP on your action and build!

Having cycled the Tenacity (or any Defiance action for that matter) and Seekins bolt action both, in my opinion they're not in the same league. Defiance makes the smoothest actions around. Seekins makes good stuff and I would trust them w/any semi-rifles or accessories, no question about it, but when it comes to bolt actions Defiance is in another category.

A few people( on here) have said the Seekins action is a bit sticky at first, but after a hundred rounds or so it gets very smooth, and shoots lights out from the get go.

From the first time I heard of them and researched, I thought the Defiance actions were something special. Since you all mentioned Altus, I have some thinking to do.

Lucky for me, I will be spending the next two days shooting and hanging out with some guys that forgot more about this stuff than I will EVER know! One, or more, may even have a little, or a lot, to do with the fact we are having this conversation now!

Thanks for all the good info!

Ragged hole barrels sales tenacity actions renamed and can get them for $875 i think best deal i found just a heads up for everyone. Great actions love mine waiting on a straight jacket prefit but been 10 weeks

I second the recommendation on Altus, building my first PR now and I got the Defiance Ruckus action, Proof profit CF barrel in 6.5CM, Timney trigger, and my 419 brake through them. The customer service was outstanding (they answered some dumb new guy questions without making me feel like a dumb new guy) and when the USPS lost the order enroute to my FFL, Altus chased them until it was found and were a day away from putting a whole new package together to get to me. Congrats OP on your action and build!
    I bought my Tenacity from Altus also. They were the only folkes with one in stock. Arrived within 2 weeks. This is my first custom action, and the difference over my Savages is amazing. Very smooth. The guy who did this vid on youtube sold me on it.

Reactions: Benballer334
    I have a question about the bolt spec for those who own this action. I am having issues headspacing a barrel (prefit remage barrel from X Caliber), but the bolt nose (measures at .694"-.708") won't fit into the counterbore of the barrel. The counterbore diameter measure .704" This would be helpful in determining if my bolt is out of spec. Thanks.

I have a question about the bolt spec for those who own this action. I am having issues headspacing a barrel (prefit remage barrel from X Caliber), but the bolt nose (measures at .694"-.708") won't fit into the counterbore of the barrel. The counterbore diameter measure .704" This would be helpful in determining if my bolt is out of spec. Thanks.
    I have two old criterion remage barrels sitting I the corner. Ones counter bore diameter measures .700-.701
    The second is .706-.707

My ptg bolt diameter measures .690-.699 in front of the lugs
    My factory rem bolt .690-.692

I think the bolt nose diameter going over .7 is your problem.

I think the bolt nose diameter going over .7 is your problem.

That's what I suspect too, but when I emailed Defiance about it, they are telling me the bolt is within spec. They are telling me to open the counterbore instead. I am also wondering if the nitriding of the bolt, opened up the diameter.

I've contacted Area419 to inquire the counterbore spec of their shouldered prefit barrels for the Tenacity action to see if I can go with that barrel instead.

I saw this over the weekend and started asking questions in the shop this morning. Norm reread your email and told me he misunderstood the problem. He and Cody have been trying to keep up with an overwhelming number of calls and emails. I asked Norm to get the action and barrel here to inspect. I think it’s a problem with the bolt but even if it’s the barrel, we’ll get it taken care of. X Caliber is here in the valley and have been great to work with, so if that turns out to be the issue, I’ll visit with them.

I was thinking about getting my first Defiance action when I read this. Then I saw that PVA requires defiance action to be sent for prefits effective 12/17/20. ???

Reactions: rijndael
    I was thinking about getting my first Defiance action when I read this. Then I saw that PVA requires defiance action to be sent for prefits effective 12/17/20. ???
    I think they got that all fixed and squared away now where everyone is doing the prefits now again

I don't if its all cleared up per se.

Bottom of this thread.

Just finished a build with a tenacity. First defiance action for me. Really happy with it. Bead blasted the action and polished the bolt. Slick as butter.View attachment 7398135View attachment 7398136View attachment 7398137
    You’ve built the exact rifle I’m planning to build. I’m thinking of getting the EH1A though to have an adjustable cheek rest, or maybe a McMillan game warden with adjustable cheek riser, until I get enough funds for the manners ha ha. How do you like that one for eye/scope alignment??

cheers