• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance - Wyatt's WSM cut - any experience/photos?

ormandj

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
Does anybody have any experience with Defiance's Wyatt's WSM cut? I'm trying to determine if this will be an appropriate magazine cut for (1) BDL-type setups, and (2) *binderless* AICS magazines. The standard Wyatt's cut hasn't worked well with AICS binderless magazines from some manufacturers, even with a notch cut (feed ramp contacts the magazine follower causing the last round to nose-dive). I'm planning to call Defiance Monday and get their take, but I was curious if anybody here had any experience with it.

Photos would be awesome if you have some, from the bottom, with an AICS-style magazine well.

Does anybody have any experience with Defiance's Wyatt's WSM cut? I'm trying to determine if this will be an appropriate magazine cut for (1) BDL-type setups, and (2) *binderless* AICS magazines. The standard Wyatt's cut hasn't worked well with AICS binderless magazines from some manufacturers, even with a notch cut (feed ramp contacts the magazine follower causing the last round to nose-dive). I'm planning to call Defiance Monday and get their take, but I was curious if anybody here had any experience with it.

Photos would be awesome if you have some, from the bottom, with an AICS-style magazine well.
Give us a call Monday, and let's go over your project on the phone. I don't have a readily available image to send your way unfortunately, but they might be able to check the line and snap a quick pic.

Give us a call Monday, and let's go over your project on the phone. I don't have a readily available image to send your way unfortunately, but they might be able to check the line and snap a quick pic.
That was the plan. Thanks! I’ll come back and update the thread after with info so others have it available in a search.

I spoke with someone at Defiance and they indicted the Wyatt's WSM cut would work fine for both binderless magazines as well as BDL style, which is great news. Thank you @Defiance Machine .

Reactions: Defiance Machine