• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delete Kubota M7060

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Is there a good way to do a delete on a kubota m7060 tractor? Thanks.

No. Software is extremely proprietary, and as technicians we don't have access to turn any of those sensors off.

Are you having issues with the emissions system? I may be able to help if you are.

Engine idling is a big issue with the DPF, and not letting it perform regens is also another issue. Other than that, it is a fairly robust and reliable system.

No. Software is extremely proprietary, and as technicians we don't have access to turn any of those sensors off.

Are you having issues with the emissions system? I may be able to help if you are.

Engine idling is a big issue with the DPF, and not letting it perform regens is also another issue. Other than that, it is a fairly robust and reliable system.
I am not a tractor tech. (Auto tech 30+ years) but that is where I was headed. Current Systems work if they are understood.

No issues, just would like to unmask it so it can breathe properly. Sounds like no bueno.

Following up on this. I have a grand L 60 series with emissions. Most of my work is non PTO. I run 1800 to 2000 rpm and regen about every 12 hours. When stopped for short times like picking rocks or logs into a bucket I would just idle at 1000 to 1200. What rpm range is suggested? Has anyone used an insulating blanket on the Kubota muffler to trap heat and lengthen time to regen/shorten regen?

Apples to oranges I know...
But on both of my newer diesel trucks every time I know the truck is gonna idle for more than a minute or 2 I kick it to high idle at 1100 rpm. 22k miles on one and 35k on the other, and neither truck has ever gone into regen that I’m aware of.

Idl9ng for short periods isn't bad, it's when the operator idles all the time because they don't want to consume too much fuel, or think that they don't need the loader speed or power. I would say 1800 and above is fine, and a regen every 12 hours is normal. If you work the engine at PTO speed or up to maximum RPM it will do passive regens and you won't know it's doing it.

The DPF already has an insulating layer to retain heat, and keep heat away from the engine compartment, but too much heat and your engine goes into an emergency shut down until it cools off. If the exhaust gas reaches roughly 650°C it shuts the engine down to prevent damage to the emissions components as well as the engine itself.

Lengthening the time isn't really a thing, and shouldn't be. There are 3 temperature sensors that monitor exhaust temps, and the regen process (percent of completion) is monitored by a differential pressure sensor that measures the pressure drop at the front of the DPF, and the after exhaust goes through it. That sensor also tells the computer when it needs another regen. The DPF is only one part of that muffler. There is also the oxidizing catalyst that the exhaust goes through first.

If your machine performs regens too often like back to back, or is taking too long to complete one, like say more than 30 minutes, something is wrong.