• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delete, missed it.

Re: Any fans of the SIG 556?

I like mine, have a Comp M4 on it, MagPul UBR, and Tango Down Bipod. She really likes 77 grain BH's.

I haven't seen one that would shoot inside of 2 MOA yet, regardless of the ammo used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen one that would shoot inside of 2 MOA yet, regardless of the ammo used. </div></div> Same here. The groups I was seeing were closer to 4 moa

I have shot about 1" moa with factory ammo. I havn't really tried hard to improve upon this but I think it's about time to get a serious effort just to see what it will do... I'll make up some handloads that will match it's twist and put atleast a 10 power luepy on it so these ole eyes can see what the heck I'm looking at. Will try to post some results at a later time. I do like the rifle. It ain't light but I believe it's a great weapon that is as reliable as an AK and as accurate as most good AR's......It hits whatever I aim at and eats any and all ammo. The trigger is good but not a Timney. The recoil impulse is very smooth and follow up shot is awesome. It is becoming one of my favorite rifles. If you have large hands it's even greater fealing than the AR. Small hands have to stretch a touch to release mag but this is not always bad. Finger pointed forward on weapon can sometimes get bumped and release mag on AR's. Sig 556 is a little harder to do accidentally....SmokeRolls

I got to demo one of their LE models. IIRC it was the 10" with burst and auto.

Very nice weapon. I really likes how compact it folded. I can't tell you about how precise it was because we really didn't care. As long as it was minute of head from across the room that suited us.

No stoppages even on auto. Didn't really get to heat up the barrel because we had some restrictions (range wasn't checked out for FA fire). So we had to be sly about the bursts.

I would have no problem buying or carrying one as a battle carbine. I don't know if I would choose one over an AR for a precision platform.

Here is my 556
2010JanJenscamera625.jpg

2010JanJenscamera622.jpg

They are nice weapons that perform very well. If I had to pick a 223 weapon to go to war with, I have to say this would be right up there..... If I had to hike 30 miles and then fight, I would trim the weight off or grab a lighter weight AR
.................SmokeRolls

I have limited experience with a 556 patrol carbine.I'd rate it as extremely reliable coupled with reasonable accuracy.Mine shoots in side 2 moa.If I were LEO or MILI and I had to trust my life to whether or not a gun went bang everytime I'd definitely pick it over some other semiauto's out there
wink.gif

I came as close to buying one as possible especially with the rebate that ended on the 8th. I settled on a 6.5 build instead because I had a lower asking to be used. Haven't shot my brothers 556 Classic, if I had maybe I would have gone a different route. Nice pieces btw.

Here is my Sig 556 DMR. Been so wet & rainy I haven't got to shoot it yet. But if it does like my regular 556 it will be good. Got it the last day of the $300 rebate. The scope is the Trijicon 5-20x50, mounted w/ Leupold MK4 rings.
556DMR.jpg

556DMR1.jpg

Never shot their rifles but I have a P220 so I'm definately a Sig fan. Nice looking rigs.

i have a 556 "swat" Patrol and i love it,. but i am going to make some changes to it though. it shoots just as good as my AR,.but feels alot smoother.

and a soon as i get my $300 from the SIG rebate i am going to do a F1 to make it a SBR.

I really love my 556.

Swat version with an ACE rear folder,Eotech sight with magtech/milspec (?)rear and Samson front sight. Side mounted Israeli wide patrol sling. It's been 100% reliable and shoots everything around 2" for ball ammo. Winchester 55 PSP does a tad over 1 1/2" @100. The gun handles great and is a pleasure to fire. The only "weak" part on the gun is the trigger is just not all it could be. I will have to spend some time trying to tinker with it and see if it helps. The stock sights are pretty cheesy and an insult to the rest of the gun.
I am picking up my AAC M4-2000 can and will see how much my POI shifts around. The Eotech and PVS-14 are a great combo on this rifle.

Here is a pic of my last outing with 77 Black Hills, and getting a zero. This was shot off a CVC bag for support, lol. Gonna try with the bipod and see what's up.

Final group were 6 shots, four and a two floaters. Was about .500 ml deep into a .750 ml bottle of Crown by then.

target0009.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really love my 556.

Swat version with an ACE rear folder,Eotech sight with magtech/milspec (?)rear and Samson front sight. Side mounted Israeli wide patrol sling. It's been 100% reliable and shoots everything around 2" for ball ammo. Winchester 55 PSP does a tad over 1 1/2" @100. The gun handles great and is a pleasure to fire. The only "weak" part on the gun is the trigger is just not all it could be. I will have to spend some time trying to tinker with it and see if it helps. The stock sights are pretty cheesy and an insult to the rest of the gun.
I am picking up my AAC M4-2000 can and will see how much my POI shifts around. The Eotech and PVS-14 are a great combo on this rifle. </div></div>

Yeah, the stock sights got tossed on day one, as well as the "eotech" like sight. Well, I just slapped that one on my Binelli M4, so it has a purpose, just not on a rifle. I use a Comp M4 om my Sig, with a UBR stock, TD bipod. Trigger wise, well, I really like it all things held equal.

the sights where the first thing i changed on my patrol rifle,. they are just too tall for my liking,. i am running a EoTech with a MI flip up front and a MAtech/issue rear flip up,. i likes it alot
smile.gif

i have to change the railed handguard out for something else though,. theres a slight bit of wiggle and it drives me nucking futs.

so anyone know how to adjust the trigger? supposedly you can somehow.

They're nice... Well made... Reliable. Just not as many aftermarket parts, or parts period, available. I like them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my Sig 556 DMR. Been so wet & rainy I haven't got to shoot it yet. But if it does like my regular 556 it will be good. Got it the last day of the $300 rebate. The scope is the Trijicon 5-20x50, mounted w/ Leupold MK4 rings.
556DMR.jpg

556DMR1.jpg
</div></div>
I like your DMR. I had one on order for about a year but got tired of waiting and so I built another rifle. How is the trigger on that? Any better than standard trigger? Would love to see a good test on the accuracy of your rifle.. Your DMR is the first one I have seen. I'm glad they installed the Samson rail on that as well instead of the plastic one they had in the first pics..............SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final group were 6 shots, four and a two floaters. Was about <span style="font-weight: bold">.500 ml deep into a .750 ml bottle of Crown by then.</span></div></div>

God, I hope there is a joke in there somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final group were 6 shots, four and a two floaters. Was about <span style="font-weight: bold">.500 ml deep into a .750 ml bottle of Crown by then.</span></div></div>

God, I hope there is a joke in there somewhere.</div></div>
I think there was more floating going on there than just two bullets..........SmokeRolls

The stock sights are down right insulting. Yea,they work but that is about it.

Like the space saver spare tire I just used tonight,its a POS but works in a pinch!

I have a sig P556 and converted it to an SBR. I love this thing, and love the gas piston set up. I have never hade a problem with it, it shoot's whatever I feed It. I would recommend getting one to add to your collection, as I did.
w1d13.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final group were 6 shots, four and a two floaters. Was about <span style="font-weight: bold">.500 ml deep into a .750 ml bottle of Crown by then.</span></div></div>

I think there was more floating going on there than just two bullets..........SmokeRolls </div></div>

Dude, a CompM4 at a 100, with this size target is quite hard to see, since there is zero magnification. The 6/4 I was referring to were the ones on final zero inside the circle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final group were 6 shots, four and a two floaters. Was about <span style="font-weight: bold">.500 ml deep into a .750 ml bottle of Crown by then.</span></div></div>

I think there was more floating going on there than just two bullets..........SmokeRolls </div></div>

Dude, a CompM4 at a 100, with this size target is quite hard to see, since there is zero magnification. The 6/4 I was referring to were the ones on final zero inside the circle. </div></div>
We were chiding you about the bottle of crown, are you sure you weren't floating as well?....Laugh !
..........SmokeRolls

oh, sorry. Yeah, it was a good day to say the least. Was pretty hammered by the end of it.