• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deleted

Re: Took Our .375/408 IMP to a 1071 Yards

Sounds like fun.I love shooting metal.............. Any pictures?

Cool, I hope to could get a .375 CT someday. I too would like pics, please.
I do have a question, I hear a lot about the 350gr SMKs, but I have never seen one anywhere, for sale or just around, where does one get them?

There ya go pc3.Fun huh!...Don't forget the camera next time.

Show us some formed cases compared to the normal 375CT

Steve

I will take some pics of formed compared to unformed will also load a couple of the Aussie Made Predator Lathe turned pills in a formed case as well.

PC3 i just shot some of the predators and my current bc is real close to .95 as well. They shot right at .75 moa at 700 will be taking them to 1500 in the next week or so after some seating trials. Have you found a good seating depth for them?

Hi Be carefull with the Predator in Australia they can be clasified as Armor Piercing try your plate at 500 yards and they will punch through. PM me if you would like more details about them i would use the Sierra's as they are an expanding match bullet and they are allowed on all ranges where a 375 can be shot shere solid projectiles can not be used on all ranges .

PC,

Sounds like great fun.
Post those dang pictures m8
grin.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver

With seating depth I just kept putting the seater down bit by bit until it just closed on the round and then a tad more down to try and get 15 thou off the lands I will measure my overall length as well. Coming up to easter so I will load some rounds measure and take pics etc.....I know my loading techniques are not flash still have lots to learn.

PC3

You need to do the data validation with your pda asap and things will start to make a lot more sense. Nice shooting regardless.

Nothing like dialing what it tells you to and hitting centre mass !

Hope those new boomers are doing everything you hoped ! Sounds like you are on the way !

PS I had a long conversation with a friend in MT that shoots the Lehigh projectiles out of a EDM windrunner custom chambered in 375-408 Imp and he shot a 24" 10 shot group at 3000 yards with them. He has a Lilja barrel installed especially designed to shoot the cnc style bullets

Keep in touch

DUH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I know for you guys its no big deal to shoot 1000 with a gun like this but its out first time and we were pretty happy.</div></div>

I don't care who you are 1K is never easy. It can be easier, but never easy.

I can say they cause little or no fouling the 6 I shot on the weekend barely left any fouling at all.................

Now I need to see how they will go on game !!!!

Wello i think you can actuay give the Placng for the Open shoot off the Queens that has the best shooters in the state and country i am not ashamed off 4th place and 3rd for the 5 days also coming fourth only 4 points out off 800 behind first place is not t hat bad. As for your examples this is about a 370 chey tac and they all punch through steel plate with solids and their are problems here in Australia in legislation that could end up baning total calibres because of these bullets especialy when on your website you actualy confirm they may be armory piercing as a side effect of manufacture it does not matter to the police if they were designed to be armour piercing if they deplete Arour they can be banned.

As for your alloys They are not the grades used in the US as we can not obtain those alloys here.
I still state that the Sierra is a safer projectile to use especialy in these large calibres if we want to keep using and owning them we should do the right thing and use an expanding projectile.

As for the paint Job it was made Quite Cleer that it had some marks on it and when you finished with the rifle that weekend to send it back and it would be repainted it was because of the short tim frame you had to have the rifle finished in and also started to threaten me with having to supply you with another rifle if it was not completed make sure you mention how you wrote the email to me all i had to do was finish the paint job and had no controll of the rest of the work so i think you pull your head in it is getting A bit big.

I never baged you personaly and the facts were there to be seen and you dont mention anything about any liability if a rifle is designed for monolithinc projectiles and if the loading is safe you will cover it on the box it clearly states NO LIABILITY UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. I would also like to see a copy of your liability insurance especialy a part covering solid monolitic Projectiles not a generic insurance policy as you know that will not cover firarms related issues.

Pc3,

Thanks for posting the pic but can you take the pic from directly sideways.I can't hardly see the difference.

Here's a possible load suggestion.If you decide to try it start lower to be safe.
151 grains of US-869/350 Hookers was a hot load in my reg 375ct with sticky bolt and primer flow but should work as a medium load in your 375 improved.I bet you would be getting 3275fps or so.

Steve

I've shot the Lehighs at AR 500 steel at 500 yards and nothing but a gold spot.
AP's go right through.

Steve,
My load according to the cheap Chrony I have are averaging 3124 fps with the match king and a little slower for the predators with 135 gr............I did find that I had to adjust velcoity up in exbal as I was shooting over the top of targets when using that velocity 3200 fps worked well.

I will endevour to do side shots !!

Can you post the IMP. reamer specs?

Do you sell them?

Fredo the shoulder of the case has been moved out to 35 deg instead of 28 and the od at the body shoulde gets moved out about .01".

PC3 if you are pushing your bullets into the lands on the first firing and backing your charge down just a little bit you should get great accuracy out of them. I have found fire forming them you get great accuracy out of them. I run a expander through the necks of the unfired brass and set the neck tension at .373 and it will help your fire forming accuracy a bunch. If you need some more data i can help you out in a PM.

Not,

I may as well grab that data cant hurt ! Thankyou !

Wello no dramas mate not much worries me ! least of all a thread on the net being Hijacked
laugh.gif