• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delta Stryker 3.5-21?

Joko111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Maryland
Can anyone tel me anything about this scope? I’m looking for a durable long range hunting scope and this has interested me

Reactions: QT101
I have one in hand (thanks to Don at @Annex Defense) and once I kick this nasty cold I will get it out and put it through my testing scenarios but trying to deal with optics and resolutions charts while battling a migraine has not been a very good recipe in the past ;). Initial impressions are very positive.

I have one in hand (thanks to Don at @Annex Defense) and once I kick this nasty cold I will get it out and put it through my testing scenarios but trying to deal with optics and resolutions charts while battling a migraine has not been a very good recipe in the past ;). Initial impressions are very positive.
Awesome, glad to hear, feel better!

I have had a Stryker 5-50 for several years. Go ahead and buy it. It tracks well, and the glass is good. No buyer’s remorse.

Reactions: Joko111
Just got mine from annex yesterday, have not had time to side by side it with anything just played with it the house some. Seems solid so far.

Edit to add I got it because of Ilya's brief review also. Was leaning towards the Mark 5 at first.

Reactions: Joko111 and Fret
Just got mine from annex yesterday, have not had time to side by side it with anything just played with it the house some. Seems solid so far.

Edit to add I got it because of Ilya's brief review also. Was leaning towards the Mark 5 at first.
Did you get the tree reticle? The illumination is pretty bright on them. Wondering how the other reticle is with looks like only the center dot illuminated?

Did you get the tree reticle? The illumination is pretty bright on them. Wondering how the other reticle is with looks like only the center dot illuminated?
No I got the DLR-1. Need to get it out in daylight but it is not going to be daylight bright by any means on lower magnification.

So got to take it on some on the tripod over the weekend. On bright Sunny day, illumination can not be seen at all on low mag. On high mag, no illumination on bright surfaces but on darker/shaded stuff can see it fine.

In low light situations you can see the illumination on low mag just fine.

I really need to get this on a rifle, but that is still a month maybe more out because right now the eyebox seems awfully small past about 10 magnification. I am really thinking it is because of just having it on a tripod and not on a rifle though.

I just took out my 3.5-21x Delta outside since the sun broke though and the illumination at max was easily visible against a dark background on min magnification. I compared it with my 6-36x Gen 3s and the Delta illumination at min magnification was a touch brighter and way brighter than my T6Xi. My S8 Sightron was a little brighter though. The good thing is CA was well controlled even with all the snow here - better than my T6Xi.

I just took out my 3.5-21x Delta outside since the sun broke though and the illumination at max was easily visible against a dark background on min magnification. I compared it with my 6-36x Gen 3s and the Delta illumination at min magnification was a touch brighter and way brighter than my T6Xi. My S8 Sightron was a little brighter though. The good thing is CA was well controlled even with all the snow here - better than my T6Xi.
Which reticle do you have? Mine is the DLR-1. I am hoping you have the DPRC-1 for what you are describing.

I have two with the tree reticle.
Illumination was hard to see in bright conditions against light backgrounds on all these scopes.

Last edited:
I have had the 3.5-21x44 Stryker for a little while now and I am quite impressed. One of the most balanced crossover designs I have seen in a while. Given the price, I literally have nothing to nitpick about. It is sorta frustrating that way.

ILya
In your review you mention it wins in terms of adjustment, FOV, close focus, overall mag, but I'm curious how you felt about the eyebox (6x erector vs. Leupy's 5x?) and turrets (no locking turret, Leupy has that quick locking). Those two qualities and now the PR2-mil reticle are the main draws of the Mk5 to me for a gas gun. If the Stryker's eyebox was just as good and reticle was workable at the low end of mag, I'd probably be sold.

Only thing I noticed which is not really a negative, but a function of the 44mm front lens, is smaller exit pupil than it would have with a 56 w on max zoom. Nothing proper cheek piece set up can’t fix. If it had a 56 front end, the form factor turns it into another scope, so I get why it’s designed as it is.

Can’t think of anything else that has that much elevation travel (45 mils?), and made in Japan quality anywhere near the price. Excellent do anything scope.