• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delta Stryker

Vasily

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
I just purchased a Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 from Charles at Darn Fine Shot. This is not an in depth review of the optic but perhaps it will give someone some comfort in making a buying decision:
Shipped in a quality box with literature, scope bra, sun shade, throw lever and illumination battery.

As with all scopes, I first mounted it to 1 pc Spuhr mount then a 45lb picatinny base for tracking. I set up a Mil scale at 100 meters and set the reticle to fall on a particular hold and zeroed the turrets. All stadia lined up perfectly. 1 mil, 2 mil etc and tenths of mil fell precisely on par. Parallax, magnification and return to zero all were perfect. As good or better than my Leica, Nightforce, Leupold and Vortex.
Glass was noticably bright and colors were vivid even viewing shadowed objects. No aberration, and very crisp. Eye box is average for price range and relief is excellent.

Turrets clicked positively and force required is reasonable. They lock by pushing down and pull to unlock. Effortless. Not stiff, not easy, but smooth and tactile. Parallax was easy to tune and got rid of any wobble with room to spare. Eyepiece cleared up any blurriness for my shot eyes.

Magnification is easy to adjust and field of view is ample. I didn't measure it but I didn't have any concerns locating targets with respect to adjustment.

My opinion is you get what you pay for. This scope is new to US and is made in Poland. Being new, perhaps working into our crowded market with loyal followings, Delta has offered this scope at a very reasonable price. I'm not at liberty to discuss my investment but after spending $3k on scopes in the past I am delighted to own this one. I hope they make something in a lower magnification, lightweight and calibrated for the hunting crowd but this is a great scope.
Charles at Darn Fine Shot answered his phone while on vacation and took my order. He's not a big company, maybe not a pioneer but I will buy from him again because I like to help the little guy that offers good products and service.

I have one, Just wondering how much better is the glass in Nightforce Atacar at twice the price ?

I have one, Just wondering how much better is the glass in Nightforce Atacar at twice the price ?
I own a Leica PRS, $2500. Glass on the Delta is pretty close. Some friends like the Delta better. The AtacR is nice but also huuuuge!!. I got impatient and bought the Leica. I honestly wish I waited because the Delta became available right after I bought the Leica and I'm just as happy. Comes a point where super great glass isn't worth an extra grand over the really good glass for less $$

Reactions: Iron Worker
I own a Leica PRS, $2500. Glass on the Delta is pretty close. Some friends like the Delta better. The AtacR is nice but also huuuuge!!. I got impatient and bought the Leica. I honestly wish I waited because the Delta became available right after I bought the Leica and I'm just as happy. Comes a point where super great glass isn't worth an extra grand over the really good glass for less $$
So you own both scopes ?

I just purchased a Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 from Charles at Darn Fine Shot. This is not an in depth review of the optic but perhaps it will give someone some comfort in making a buying decision:
Shipped in a quality box with literature, scope bra, sun shade, throw lever and illumination battery.

As with all scopes, I first mounted it to 1 pc Spuhr mount then a 45lb picatinny base for tracking. I set up a Mil scale at 100 meters and set the reticle to fall on a particular hold and zeroed the turrets. All stadia lined up perfectly. 1 mil, 2 mil etc and tenths of mil fell precisely on par. Parallax, magnification and return to zero all were perfect. As good or better than my Leica, Nightforce, Leupold and Vortex.
Glass was noticably bright and colors were vivid even viewing shadowed objects. No aberration, and very crisp. Eye box is average for price range and relief is excellent.

Turrets clicked positively and force required is reasonable. They lock by pushing down and pull to unlock. Effortless. Not stiff, not easy, but smooth and tactile. Parallax was easy to tune and got rid of any wobble with room to spare. Eyepiece cleared up any blurriness for my shot eyes.

Magnification is easy to adjust and field of view is ample. I didn't measure it but I didn't have any concerns locating targets with respect to adjustment.

My opinion is you get what you pay for. This scope is new to US and is made in Poland. Being new, perhaps working into our crowded market with loyal followings, Delta has offered this scope at a very reasonable price. I'm not at liberty to discuss my investment but after spending $3k on scopes in the past I am delighted to own this one. I hope they make something in a lower magnification, lightweight and calibrated for the hunting crowd but this is a great scope.
Charles at Darn Fine Shot answered his phone while on vacation and took my order. He's not a big company, maybe not a pioneer but I will buy from him again because I like to help the little guy that offers good products and service.
How’s the edge to edge clarity?

I have the 1-6 and that’s my only gripe. There’s significant distortion at the edges.

Ed

I have the 1-6 and that’s my only gripe. There’s significant distortion at the edges.

Edge to edge is fine. Eye box can be tight at high magnification. The 1-6 is a 30mil tube and this one is 34, so that may help that issue. I'm not a glass snob by any means but my vision is getting worse so I like quality. If your interested but hanging on the fence, ask if they'll take a return. There's nowhere to put your hands on one and they'll take them back as long as not mounted. Charles at Darn Fine Shot sold me mine and was eager to help.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Ed

Edge to edge is fine. Eye box can be tight at high magnification. The 1-6 is a 30mil tube and this one is 34, so that may help that issue. I'm not a glass snob by any means but my vision is getting worse so I like quality. If your interested but hanging on the fence, ask if they'll take a return. There's nowhere to put your hands on one and they'll take them back as long as not mounted. Charles at Darn Fine Shot sold me mine and was eager to help.
I bought from Darn Fine Shot too. Nothing but good things to say.

I've bought three scopes so far this year and the wife will have an aneurysm if I buy another right now, but I'm thinking a 7saum build on a tikka is the next buy. The Stryker is in the running for glass.

I bought from Darn Fine Shot too. Nothing but good things to say.

I've bought three scopes so far this year and the wife will have an aneurysm if I buy another right now, but I'm thinking a 7saum build on a tikka is the next buy. The Stryker is in the running for glass.

I just hit submit on the Stryker 4.5-30x LRD-1T from Darn Fine Shot. It will be replacing a Gen 1 Cronus BTR on an RPR in 6 Creed. I'll move the Cronus to my .223 Prairie Dog Howa 1500 in an HS3 chassis.

I had a 1-6x in my cart as well, but decided at the last second to hold off until I chat the wife up a bit. I'll need to sell a few odds/ends before I jump on the 1-6x, but it's got the same DNA as the Bushnell SMRS II Pro 1-6.5x that I love. We are in escrow on 7 acres and I had only discussed buying the one scope with her. :)

I just hit submit on the Stryker 4.5-30x LRD-1T from Darn Fine Shot. It will be replacing a Gen 1 Cronus BTR on an RPR in 6 Creed. I'll move the Cronus to my .223 Prairie Dog Howa 1500 in an HS3 chassis.

I had a 1-6x in my cart as well, but decided at the last second to hold off until I chat the wife up a bit. I'll need to sell a few odds/ends before I jump on the 1-6x, but it's got the same DNA as the Bushnell SMRS II Pro 1-6.5x that I love. We are in escrow on 7 acres and I had only discussed buying the one scope with her. :)
I have the mil reticle/moa turret model I bought new for $625. I was planning on making use of the turrets anyway, so I didn't care.

Just for the hell of it, I checked the tracking and believe it or not it was spot on, even for a 1-6x. At least as far I could tell. I wouldn't hesitate to order another stryker. They're solid perrformers.

How far from the edge would you say the distortion extends? If you were to divide the radius from the center by 10, about how far from the edge would you say that you see distortion? 1/10th of the way towards center, 2/10, or something else? Just wanting a rough estimate.

How far from the edge would you say the distortion extends? If you were to divide the radius from the center by 10, about how far from the edge would you say that you see distortion? 1/10th of the way towards center, 2/10, or something else? Just wanting a rough estimate.
That’s a tough question to answer. At 1x there’s no issue. At 6x in the right light it can be noticeable, mostly if there’s a straight line somewhere down range at the edge of your fov.

check out this link. It’s a guy doing a Stryker/pst comparison with pics. If you expand the whole thread there are a bunch of pics both at 1x and 6x, day and night. Red dot is nuclear bright too btw.

Reactions: rhsc