• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Demo Tract Toric 4-25x50s on sale

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
This Tract demo just came through in an email and might be for someone who is looking for a scope in this price range. It’s funny as I just ordered one a couple nights ago and it should be delivered tomorrow. I would have grabbed one of these demos if it was available. They have moa also available.

Reactions: Darryle
Dang. Was interested in trying this one.

If mil/vet you can get it for not much more than that new. Just got to send them your info and get code.

Why does it look oddly familiar…almost like the Zeiss

Pretty sure they’re produced under the same roof and there’s a good chance they’re the same basic design. A lot of times the OEM’s have a base design and then the company can make certain changes.

I can tell you that my Zeiss S3 has smoother controls and better glass than the Toric I had. It wasn’t the similar model however and it’s a sample size of one of each take that how you wish.

Pretty sure they’re produced under the same roof and there’s a good chance they’re the same basic design. A lot of times the OEM’s have a base design and then the company can make certain changes.

I can tell you that my Zeiss S3 has smoother controls and better glass than the Toric I had. It wasn’t the similar model however and it’s a sample size of one of each take that how you wish.
I need to try one of these Zeiss S3s

We will see this weekend as my Tract 4-25x50 came in and I will be comparing it to my Zeiss S3 4-25x50.

This Tract demo just came through in an email and might be for someone who is looking for a scope in this price range. It’s funny as I just ordered one a couple nights ago and it should be delivered tomorrow. I would have grabbed one of these demos if it was available. They have moa also available.

I have that same scope and its GREAT, expecially for the $$$. I just ordered the 4.5 X 30 X 56 in MRAD, caught the last demo.

We will see this weekend as my Tract 4-25x50 came in and I will be comparing it to my Zeiss S3 4-25x50.
You'll like it. I had a good clear picture out to a mile, though the rifle fell short. Looking forward to the 4.5

And a big shout out to Jon (bothof them) for great customer service.

Reactions: Rob01

Some side by side pics of both the S3 and Tract. They look similar but not sure about any hard connection in manufacturing.

IMG_3861.JPG
IMG_3862.JPG
IMG_3863.JPG
IMG_3864.JPG

@Rob01

Dont keep us in suspense......

One thing I really like abut the Tract is how easy it is to set to 0 and then set the zero stop. did mine at the range yesterday.

Yup the Tract is pretty easy to zero. I got it mounted yesterday and from the limited play the eye box seems larger than the 4.5-30. I am hoping to make the range today and compare it to the Zeiss.

@Rob01 cant wait to hear what you think...I've been flip flopping about this scope...mostly want to hear your thoughts on the reticle and glass.

Like I said I can't wait LOL...I spoke with one of the Jon's through the live chat on their site and ordered the 4-25x50 MIL with the caps.
Good friend of mine has the 4-20x50 with the MOA reticle...he just left...we took his 4-20 one of my Mark5s and a strike eagle I keep around as a back up and loaner out in my back yard and set up a 25yd target to look at then scanned the mountains across the road.

The Tract Toric glass is truly impressive and is noticeably better than the Mark5...not like "GODDAMN" better but noticeably that you can see the difference pretty easily. All the controls are super smooth, the parallax lines up perfectly with the numbers and even at 2760yds I did not have to go to infinity to have a clear picture.

Can't wait to get mine and am wanting to hear what @Rob01 says.

Well just got out to my home range after mounting and getting it zeroed at 50 yards. I have liked the reticle since my 4.5-30 so no surprises there. The glass was very good but again just at 50 yards. I will be getting out soon to get it to longer ranges and break out the Zeiss S3 next to it. Would have been a waste at 50 yards. After zeroing at 50 on the 20 moa base I had 26.8 mils of elevation left. Here's some pics to tide you over. My full write up will be over at my other thread on the scopes I had been doing but I can say from my long experiences with scopes and the short time with this that its a winner for Tract.

Zip tie on front scope cap is due to me only having a 56mm cap and it being loose.

IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3876.JPG
IMG_3880.JPG
IMG_3882.JPG

Reactions: stanley_white
Nice!! Looking forward to the S3/Toric side by side…I think it will be a small difference but I think glass will go to the Toric.

Well just got out to my home range after mounting and getting it zeroed at 50 yards. I have liked the reticle since my 4.5-30 so no surprises there. The glass was very good but again just at 50 yards. I will be getting out soon to get it to longer ranges and break out the Zeiss S3 next to it. Would have been a waste at 50 yards. After zeroing at 50 on the 20 moa base I had 26.8 mils of elevation left. Here's some pics to tide you over. My full write up will be over at my other thread on the scopes I had been doing but I can say from my long experiences with scopes and the short time with this that its a winner for Tract.

Zip tie on front scope cap is due to me only having a 56mm cap and it being loose.

View attachment 8311533View attachment 8311536View attachment 8311539View attachment 8311540
Is that a Fat Bastard Gen II? I agree that the Tracts are a big winner across the board.

Oh come on now... You can't use those 2 words side-by-side in the same sentence, and expect me to take you seriously... 😂

Don't worry just there protecting threads. :)

Reactions: FuhQ
Those things look damn near identical aside from some slight design differences in the turrets. How does the glass compare to the S3?

I like my S3 but the eyebox is super picky over about 18x.

Those things look damn near identical aside from some slight design differences in the turrets. How does the glass compare to the S3?

Haven't made it to the range to give them both a side by side to longer ranges. I can't wait to make it out though as I think they will be close to the same from the little bit of time behind the Tract.

I had an S3 nice scope with great glass I just did not like the reticle…I’ve shot the Mark5’s for years and I like the .25 spacing…the S3 was just to tight for me, hard to explain.

I love the Tract the eye box is more forgiving and the reticle more closely resembles the MK5, I think the glass is better than the S3 and the MK5 I had all 3 looking out at rocks at 2700yds and the Tract has better detail, crisp clear picture.

I like the Tract so much I sold 2 MK5’s last night and ordered a 4.5-30 for my GT and a pair of their 15x56 binos.

The parallax on my 5-25 is picky inside about 50yds past 100yds it’s pretty forgiving and the picky part may be my eyes.

The turrets are big but they are nice, firm clicks and everything is super smooth I don’t like locking turrets but I can live with them for the glass and I don’t care for the zero stop lock ring but again it works well,easy to set so I can live with it.

At the price for the Tract optics I’m surprised they are not more popular and IMHO they are hard to beat.

Haven't made it to the range to give them both a side by side to longer ranges. I can't wait to make it out though as I think they will be close to the same from the little bit of time behind the Tract.
I was going to PM you and ask you the same thing…still curious to hear what you think after you get out to compare.

I was going to PM you and ask you the same thing…still curious to hear what you think after you get out to compare.

Yeah i really want to go out to the range and do a solid side by side but life has gotten in the way so far. I will definitely post my findings.

Reactions: LR1845
Does it have the thick posts on the sides like the Zeiss? The pics on their site are all zoomed in. The Tract I had didn’t have posts really but it wasn’t one of these models either

Like I said I can't wait LOL...I spoke with one of the Jon's through the live chat on their site and ordered the 4-25x50 MIL with the caps.
Good friend of mine has the 4-20x50 with the MOA reticle...he just left...we took his 4-20 one of my Mark5s and a strike eagle I keep around as a back up and loaner out in my back yard and set up a 25yd target to look at then scanned the mountains across the road.

The Tract Toric glass is truly impressive and is noticeably better than the Mark5...not like "GODDAMN" better but noticeably that you can see the difference pretty easily. All the controls are super smooth, the parallax lines up perfectly with the numbers and even at 2760yds I did not have to go to infinity to have a clear picture.

Can't wait to get mine and am wanting to hear what @Rob01 says.
Lol , better than Mark 5 glass .

I have both the Tract 4.5x30 and the Zeiss 6x36 and they are very different. I do like both of them and both have good glass. I took advantage of the 25% off sale on the Zeiss.

Lol , better than Mark 5 glass .
Yes…have you ever looked though both side by side? Is it huge, no the Tract does have a clearer, crisper more detailed picture.

I have shot mark5’s for years and still love the mark5 but I prefer the glass in the Tract.

Last edited: