• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Democrat Asks Ruger Not to Sell Certain Type of Ammo; Ruger CEO Responds, ‘We Do Not Sell Ammunition’

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Representative Raja Krishnamoorthi, a Democrat from Illinois, speaks during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing in Washington, D.C., US, on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. The hearing is looking into how the National Football League (NFL) has handled allegations of workplace misconduct by the Washington Commanders football team. (Samuel Corum/Bloomberg …
Samuel Corum/Bloomberg via Getty Images
AWR Hawkins27 Jul 2022401

1:55

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) asked Sturm, Ruger, & Co. to pledge not to sell ammunition that pierces body armor, to which Ruger CEO Christopher Killoy responded that Ruger is not involved in ammunition sales.

The exchange between Krishnamoorthi and Killoy occurred during the Committee on Oversight and Reform’s Wednesday hearing on “practices and profits of gun manufacturers.”
Krishnamoorthi used his time to question witnesses on a variety of issues, the last of which was police officer safety. He asked Daniel Defense CEO Marty Daniel to commit to “not sell a weapon that tears through bulletproof vests” and then moved to the next witness when Daniel talked about his company’s commitment to self-defense.
Krishnamoorthi addressed Killoy, saying, “ assume you won’t sell a weapon that tears through bulletproof vests, will you?”
Killoy responded, “Congressman, with all due respect, the ability to pierce body armor typically relates to the ammunition, not the firearm.”
Krishnamoorthi shot back, “So you will not sell that ammunition either, will you?”
Killoy explained, “Congressman, we do not sell ammunition. We sell firearms in a variety of calibers.”

DUMB SHIT!!

I know one thing...I really need to get me one of those full auto pistol braces to go along with all of my Ruger ammunition. /sarcasm

Ruger did at one time make ammo... not sure when they stopped.

https://ruger.com/news/2015-10-07a.html

I guess they didn't "make it" - but it does carry the brand.
No, Interceptor made ammo. Ruger had them make pretty boxes with their logo on it.

There is a thread bemoaning labeling politicians "morons, senile...idiots, dumbfucks", as if it hides their malevolence. With regard to politicians, you can't make this level of stupidity up. Just when you think they can't get more fuckin dumb, they, as if it's a contest, prove you wrong. What a pack of dicks.