• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dental implants

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Any one have any experience with implant anchored dentures........pros and cons.....?

Cons: cost

Pros: Feel like real teeth.

I don't have them, but have quite a few friends with them, and my dad has a couple.

Reactions: acudaowner
    My wife has them. She says they are great, but she still likes me better.

They are expensive, and it is a process that takes a while (6 months from start to finish). It is a last resort type of dental work, but once it’s all said and done they work well for her. And it’s better than no teeth at all.

Reactions: seansmd
    VA did one for me. Better than the tooth that was there when it was good.
    Cons: took 2 years and 2 months from tooth pull to new implant completion; food gets caught in the sides as the shape is more V than a real tooth. I'm sure that some people have had worse experiences with them, but I would do it again if I had to. On the pro side, I do floss more...

Any one have any experience with implant anchored dentures........pros and cons.....?
    I've got a full upper on 5 implants going on 5+ years so far. Expensive yes, about 22k in mine, but that also included bone grafts and 7 extractions. It was a pretty misserable 9-12 month process. Worth it, absolutly. Teeth are important.
    Mine are not the teeth in a day crap where it's really just a denture the hooks on a few implants. My upper is the permanent kind mouted with a little torque wrench and the smallest titanium screws I've ever seen.
    Maintinance is 1-2 times a year remove clean reinstall.
    Advantages are it has no roof plate like a denture so it doesn't give you a speech impediment, doesn't mess up your taste palate, and allows you to eat whatever you want.
    Do your due diligence researching the oral surgen you'll use! This is really important. There are Tangent Theita surgens & then there are Quigly ford Surgons, choose wisley.

What is this the aarp boomer roll call thread?
    What's with the aarp crap, I'm only 49. But when the time comes Fuck aarp, their demonicrat shills!
    If you have good teeth count your blessings. 22k could have bought me a lot of good equipment, training, matches etc.

I have a permanent set of uppers called a 4 on 1
    They took a long time to get use to.
    The temporary drove me nuts.
    Price 25k

What's with the aarp crap, I'm only 49. But when the time comes Fuck aarp, their demonicrat shills!
    If you have good teeth count your blessings. 22k could have bought me a lot of good equipment, training, matches etc.

giphy (19).gif

• Haha
    Reactions: Charmingmander
    I've got a full upper on 5 implants going on 5+ years so far. Expensive yes, about 22k in mine, but that also included bone grafts and 7 extractions. It was a pretty misserable 9-12 month process. Worth it, absolutly. Teeth are important.
    Mine are not the teeth in a day crap where it's really just a denture the hooks on a few implants. My upper is the permanent kind mouted with a little torque wrench and the smallest titanium screws I've ever seen.
    Maintinance is 1-2 times a year remove clean reinstall.
    Advantages are it has no roof plate like a denture so it doesn't give you a speech impediment, doesn't mess up your taste palate, and allows you to eat whatever you want.
    Do your due diligence researching the oral surgen you'll use! This is really important. There are Tangent Theita surgens & then there are Quigly ford Surgons, choose wisley.
    My neighbor is going through hell with them. Needed bone grafts which wouldnt take. Been a couple years and she's still on a mostly liquid diet. Fine lady, hate to see her going through it.

As for me, if I had a tooth left I'd brush it.

1705604400191.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Fig
    have one where a lowere tooth was cracked then broke. had it pulled and a implant put in. best decision ever. cost about 3k.

Raised as a dirt poor farm kid with 9 siblings, and didn't see a dentist (if you want to call them that) until I was in the Marine Corps. All of my molars were drilled and filled by those hacks. Fast forward to being in my 50's and having them crack and fall apart. The real expense happens when you have to get cadaver bone graphs to bridge sinus areas so they can do implants. So far I have spent about $27K on my mouth. Being able to chew your food properly is worth it IMO.

• Wow
    Reactions: Milf Dots
    Have two in my lower jaw, Had to get them after breaking my jaw in a motocross collision.
    The teeth broke off to low to save and the facial surgeon said the implants were needed to save me from future jaw and jaw joint issues. Insurance of course didn't want to cover it! We fought them for 6 months and after a couple of letters and a phone call from the doc. They ok'd it. Was 7k per tooth. But my dentist who did the crowns. Said they were the cadillac of implants at the time.
    The implants have been trouble free and are very useable. Like others have said, Do your homework on finding a surgeon with a good track record. for doing the anchors There are lots of ways these can go bad!!