• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Denver Area - 2023 Greenmill Long-range .22LR Field Matches

300ATT

Induna
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Denver CO
This is the thread for all of the 2023 long-range .22LR field matches scheduled at Greenmill Sportsmans club located about 25 minutes north of Downtown Denver.

Green Mill Long-Range .22LR Field Match Schedule for 2023

Dates: Matches will be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month through October 2021 (except for July):

April 15th, May 20th, June 17th, (No Matches in July) , August 19th, September 16th, October 21st

Schedule:
8:00am – 8:30am: Registration
8:30am – 9:00 am: Safety Briefing, Sight-in
9:00am: Match Start
1:00pm: Match End (estimated)

Registration: In person, 8:00am – 8:45 am at the range, limited to the first 32 shooters
Entry Fee: $25.00 – at the range (cash only)

Description:
The Green Mill Long-Range .22 Field Match is a “quarter-scale” precision rifle competition that uses ¼ scale steel targets placed at ranges from 35 yards out to 233 yards. The match consists of seven to ten shooting stages with round counts of 8 to 15+ rounds per stage. Each stage is shot under time pressure from supported and unsupported positions (e.g., standing, sitting, kneeling, off trees, prone, tripods, barricades, gates etc.). This competition is designed to mimic shooting (long-distance) in field conditions and approximates the types of stages encountered in long-range centerfire PRS style competitions.

The ballistics of .22LR match ammo (subsonic) closely aligns with the ballistics (wind drift and drop) of a .308 (175g SMK) at one quarter the distance. The elevation and wind calls needed to “ring steel” at 200+ yards with a .22LR on a ¼ scale IPSC target will closely match the elevation and wind call needed to hit a full-size IPSC in the field at 900 to 1,000 yards with a .308. A detailed knowledge of your gun, optical sight and your ammo’s ballistics are required to make first rounds hits. Wind reading skills take a lifetime to master and this match is a great opportunity to practice at a fraction of the cost of shooting centerfire. The course of fire is fun and challenging and will help every shooter hone his or her marksmanship skills.

Who may shoot:
This match is open to Green Mill members as well as the public 18 years and older. A youth 12 between and 18 years may also shoot if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who also shoots with them. Non-members must sign a liability waiver to participate.

Firearm Requirements:
This match is limited to .22 LR rimfire rifles only. Rifles may be semi-auto loading or bolt action and for safety purposes, all eligible firearms MUST be equipped with a detachable box magazine – No exceptions.

Required Equipment:

• A scoped 22LR rifle with a detachable box magazine (e.g. no lever actions).
  • A sling and/or front bi-pod and at least two magazines, and 150-200 rounds of ammo
Optional Equipment
  • Shooting bags, Shooting mat, Binoculars or Spotting scopes
  • Shooting tri-pod (may be used on certain stages), suppressors welcome and encouraged
Directions From the City of Denver:
Take I-25 north to Exit #232 (Erie Parkway), turn west on Erie Parkway past County Roads 7 & 5, turn left (south) on Bonanza Drive, drive past Erie Fire Station on S.W. corner then left on first dirt road (just past Fire station and Longs Peak Rd) Follow dirt road (Green mill Rd) for ¾ mile to GreenMill range gate.

I have attached a "typical" Course of Fire for this match from 2021. The 2023 matches will be similar but due to protracted construction and dirt moving involving surrounding neighborhoods, the final C.O.F will not be determined until next week (week of the match) but the attached C.O.F is a very good representation of the match and target layout.

For additional information or to be added to the mailing list, send your request via email to [email protected].

Attachments

• COF.2021.06.19.pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: CP Rifle
Folks,

The first Green Mill Long-range .22 Field Match is CANCELLED for this Saturday (4/15)!!

I am sorry to send out this notice as there are many that were planning to meet this Saturday to restart the Green Mill long-rang .22 Field Matches. I was just informed by one of our Board Members that the club is doing extensive earth moving work to fix the line or sight safety issues between adjacent ranges. This work will likely continue through Saturday and I would hate to have people show up only to find that all of the ranges are shut down as finishing this berm work takes priority.

I will schedule a redo a the end of the season (November 18th). Please pass this on. The first match of the season will be 5/20/23.

Best regards,

- Roy Wirthlin

• Sad
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Such a pain ... but will at least fix the safely issues of having line of sight from the .22 range to the 200 yard lines on the adjacent ranges.

Reactions: D_TROS
Folks,

The berm work that cancelled the April match has been completed to the point where we can hold the GreenMill Long-range this coming Saturday at 9:00am.

The dates for the matches are:

April 15th, (cancelled)
May 20th,
June 17th,
(No Matches in July) ,
August 19th,
September 16th,
October 21st
November 18th (added to the calendar)

See the announcement attached to the end of this email. Also attached is a “typical” corse of fire from 2021. Note the exact course of fire for May cannot be sent out at this moment as some additional dirt work needs to be completed to replace some of the target locations that were destroyed during the berm work.

Because of this late announcement I would appreciate it if you RSVP so that I can get an idea of how many to prep for this coming Saturday.

Thank you,

- Roy Wirthlin

Good shooting in 2023!

This is notify everyone that might be interested, the Green Mill long-range 22LR field match is on for this Saturday.

The match is open to the public (see the match description above) and if you are planning to attend please rsvp to [email protected].

Thank you

Match Director Roy

Reactions: jLorenzo
Folks,

We had a great turnout on Saturday (18 shooters) including 3 first time shooters. Chris Wray showed up with an air rifle and did quite well. I'm sure this will stir the .22LR pot in the upcoming months! Expect to see him and other trendsetters show up with tactical vests and HP air tanks on their backs (just like Ghostbusters) ...

IMG_0466.jpeg

So fun ...

Like to make know, NRL22 outlaw matches are being held monthly at the Hancock County Gun Club in Carthage Illinois. 25/300 yes. HCGC on website, Facebook and practicescore.com.
20230617_103520.jpg

This is a reminder and announcement to those that are not on the mailing list that this Saturday 8/19 we will hold the GreenMill Long-range .22 field match at GreenMill sportsman's club. Show up by 8:30. First come first served up to 24 shooters, $25.00 cash only and we will start sight-in at 9:00am.

Greenmill Sportsmans club is located in Erie CO off of I-15 (exit 232) about 25 minutes north of Downtown Denver.

Look forward to seeing all who would like to shoot.

This is a general announcement that the GreenMill long-range .22 field match scheduled for 9/16/23 will be cancelled as the match workers/sponsors will be traveling out of state on that date. We are working out a plan to hold the match on Oct 21st and another in November.

Stay tuned.

This is a reminder and announcement to those that are not on the mailing list that Saturday 10/21 we will hold the GreenMill Long-range .22 field match at GreenMill sportsman's club. Show up by 8:30. First come first served up to 24 shooters, $25.00 cash only and we will start sight-in at 9:00am.

Greenmill Sportsmans club is located in Erie CO off of I-15 (exit 232) about 25 minutes north of Downtown Denver.

Look forward to seeing all who would like to shoot.