• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Denver SNOWMAGEDDON Coming!

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Normal spring upslope on its way to Denver and the Front Range of CO. Happens to a varying degree every year. Usually 1 with 12-15” plus.
You would think these people have never seen a storm.
My boss was blowing up my phone this AM with pics and memes about how all the cheese is sold out on stores every time it snows more than a few flurries. She makes fun of the goobers often.

@lowlight - Im worried with 30” forecast, your rad racer mobile might no fair so well, Knowing how well the local municipalities plow and all.
My kid is at her mom’s this weekend, so maybe you wanna borrow her snow shoes and poles so you don't sink in up to your eyeballs when you venture outside? 😁
A8A4D9FE-B764-4DCF-84C2-11D055C1B9DF.jpeg

For those who dont know, I am all of 5’ 7” and Frank is on a short (intended) list of people I am taller than besides my kid.

Normal spring upslope on its way to Denver and the Front Range of CO. Happens to a varying degree every year. Usually 1 with 12-15” plus.
You would think these people have never seen a storm.
My boss was blowing up my phone this AM with pics and memes about how all the cheese is sold out on stores every time it snows more than a few flurries. She makes fun of the goobers often.

@lowlight - Im worried with 30” forecast, your rad racer mobile might no fair so well, Knowing how well the local municipalities plow and all.
My kid is at her mom’s this weekend, so maybe you wanna borrow her snow shoes and poles so you don't sink in up to your eyeballs when you venture outside? 😁
View attachment 7579092

For those who dont know, I am all of 5’ 7” and Frank is on a short (intended) list of people I am taller than besides my kid.
All that snow coming and about to get banned here. Sucks to be you.

Looks like we are supposed to get rain down here in the corner. A couple days of nice drizzle would do us some good. It would help if CO Springs gets buried in snow too. I will have to get the rest of my peas and potatoes planted. People down here freak out and clear the grocery stores when there is few inched forecast nowadays. When I was little we didn't blink at anything less than a foot.

If enough of us get snow, instead of talking about poop, Maybe we can have a "write your name in the snow thread?" Asking for a friend.

What? Denver is the very definition of 'the snow belt.'

30" should be concerning. 40... yeah, that's bad news.

Anything under 20" is a dusting.

At least here in Vermont. And I would expect Denver to be tougher. They have cowboys there. We have Yale sophomores and Cambridge geeks. C'mon Denver. Man up!

Sirhr

At least here in Vermont. And I would expect Denver to be tougher. They have cowboys there. We have Yale sophomores and Cambridge geeks. C'mon Denver. Man up!

Sirhr
Most people in Denver and the burbs these days are transplants from NY, Florida, Texas, Illinois and the PNW. Most of the license plates mentioned are rolling in hot with their Prius, 2WD trucks or smart cars.

Most people in Denver and the burbs these days are transplants from NY, Florida, Texas, Illinois and the PNW. Most of the license plates mentioned are rolling in hot with their Prius, 2WD trucks or smart cars.
May they die in snow drifts... and not much different from VT.

But for Denverians... 30" should be an opportunity to smother flatlanders in Snow.

SIrhr

May they die in snow drifts... and not much different from VT.

But for Denverians... 30" should be an opportunity to smother flatlanders in Snow.

SIrhr
No shit, I was heading to the airport during a snow storm a few years back and I get stuck behind a smart car on the 10 mile long, 65mph road into the airport and he’s taking up both lanes doing 20. Only time I had road rage where I want to put the guy in the ditch. Of course he had the required Florida plates and the look of a retired college professor.

My Racer Car will eat the snow for Lunch ...

Porsche said so in their ads...

6585c3000da4ff4698848c0f61fd90cb.jpg

I tried posting a picture of mine in the snow, but the Chalk just looks like snow, car about disappears in the snow
A look back at 'Snowmageddon' 8 years later | WTOP'Snowmageddon' 8 years later | WTOP
With the right tires... you bet! Studded Hakkapeliitta's, right?

Because if you say "All Weather Pirelli's...."

3500 Ram Diesel with 9 foot v-Plow means... I brake for nothing! ;-)

Sirhr

Food, beer, water...Check.
With the wet snow in the spring, subarus etc will be stuck due to a lack of clearance. Yawn, my 3500 will be fine up to about 3'.

Wake me up when it is time to shovel.

And I would expect Denver to be tougher. They have cowboys there.
Haha. I would say most of the cowboys in Denver are the assless chap wearing, "YMCA" singing type cowboys.

I made the giant mistake of driving down to TX via the Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, route. What a fucking waste of a perfectly good swath of topography. Shitty thing is since the pandemic hit I see tons of Colorado plates up here now. Only a matter of time here...

Sirhr
One would think.
now just potheads and cucks for the most part. Seriously. I see dudes waiting for AAA to change their flat tire. I dont help.
Ladies. Sure thing.
WTF's he gonna do all weekend ?

Never mind. Rhetorical question. I have a good idea. I need some brain Brillo.........
Ah, its not so bad.
little small engine repair
Little beer drinkin
Surely some snugglin by the fire place (and some “woodworking”😉)
Plus a bunch of ammo making.

I will text you some pics of some of it! 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Haha. I would say most of the cowboys in Denver are the assless chap wearing, "YMCA" singing type cowboys.

I made the giant mistake of driving down to TX via the Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, route. What a fucking waste of a perfectly good swath of topography. Shitty thing is since the pandemic hit I see tons of Colorado plates up here now. Only a matter of time here...
All chaps are assless. Otherwise they’d be pants. Heavy, baggy, western themed, pants. Ok, that’s gayer than chaps...

I was supposed to take the girls & wimmin to Glenwood Springs on Sunday...yeah don't see that happening if the predictions are correct, shooting for Monday now.

My Racer Car will eat the snow for Lunch ...

Porsche said so in their ads...

6585c3000da4ff4698848c0f61fd90cb.jpg

I tried posting a picture of mine in the snow, but the Chalk just looks like snow, car about disappears in this picture
A look back at 'Snowmageddon' 8 years later | WTOP'Snowmageddon' 8 years later | WTOP
I figured about 12-15” and it wouldnt be able to go.
Not enough clearance and this is gonna be aome thick heavy stuff.
like Oprah’s ass.
lemme know when you get stuck.
my Dodge and I will come laugh. 🤣🤣🤣

Then pull you out. 😎

@sirhrmechanic - when I was still married, I kept studded Haka 7’s on my ex wifes subaru.
unstoppable.
got stopped behind a crash coming up Vail Pass once on the way home from Glenwood. Cars sliding backwards once stopped kinda slick. We were able to weave through all the stuck cars and keep going no problem.

No Porsche power, but she didnt need it.
Surprised she didnt have to carry SR22 with all her damn tickets.

I ain't getting stuck nowhere,

Hell, I don't even need to go out ... Amateurs, I'll just sit home and ban people all week. :)

As it is, I am in a bad mood, found out the "trade" posts in the PX was just an excuse to circumvent the rules, so now I gotta make it so nobody without Supporter account can post anything in the PX

You all ruined it, seems to be a week of wrecking my days with drama here.

I think it was like 2003, was living in Denver. Was like 40 to 45in over 3 days with at 6 to 7ft drifts. Was lots of fun...

Man i miss snow like that...and the proximity to skiing.

:(

Sirhr
Yeah, I even saw a larger than life Mustang on the way to DIA..................meh. :rolleyes:

One would think.
now just potheads and cucks for the most part. Seriously. I see dudes waiting for AAA to change their flat tire. I dont help.
Ladies. Sure thing.

Ah, its not so bad.
little small engine repair
Little beer drinkin
Surely some snugglin by the fire place (and some “woodworking”😉)
Plus a bunch of ammo making.

I will text you some pics of some of it! 🤣🤣
Just.
Stop.

And not a cloud in the sky. It was wonderful. Fuck a bunch of ice and snow.
Fuck the heat. Alaska was the best place I ever lived. I was a fool for ever leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
Been just shy of 70 all week

That is what happens, we have normal* temps, 45ish, then it will go high, 65+ which says, snow is coming, then it will go cold again until the snow is gone and back to 55...

But we had 60s and 70s all week, it was beautiful aside from the wind yesterday and this AM

Subaru or Porsche?

The Subaru engine sucks ass, it can't move out of its own way to save it's life, they offered a trade-in but the motors look the same so I will pass, could have cut costs too, but said no thanks, even she commented her Tiguan was better power-wise.

The Porsche, forgetaboutit ... smallest motor they have and it still kicks ass.

Reactions: Bender and The D
@sirhrmechanic - when I was still married, I kept studded Haka 7’s on my ex wifes subaru.
unstoppable.
got stopped behind a crash coming up Vail Pass once on the way home from Glenwood. Cars sliding backwards once stopped kinda slick. We were able to weave through all the stuck cars and keep going no problem.

No Porsche power, but she didnt need it.
Surprised she didnt have to carry SR22 with all her damn tickets.
I had unstudded Hakka’s on a ‘99 mustang gt and a ‘93 Mercedes 300D that made both almost unstoppable. I took my mustang through some shit that it had absolutely no business going through. 100% recommend to anyone looking for snow tires

Subaru or Porsche?

The Subaru engine sucks ass, it can't move out of its own way to save it's life, they offered a trade-in but the motors look the same so I will pass, could have cut costs too, but said no thanks, even she commented her Tiguan was better power-wise.

The Porsche, forgetaboutit ... smallest motor they have and it still kicks ass.
Boss, gotta correct you. Porsche is most decidedly not about power. It’s about that sweet sweet suspension in the twisties

I don't know, 350, 450, 550 horsepower in each model is not about power ... in a light car, hmm,

yes, the twisties are great, but they move too, power might not be the right word, but speed is, my small motor is still super fast.

the base Electric model was slow compared to the Tesla, but the Turismo is not, once you start creeping into the GTS versions, you have speed, sure i have no interest in pulling power, but acceleration I have plenty of

Hell the one Vickers just got is all motor

Reactions: Bender and The D