• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

deprime 408 Chey-Tac case

Bluejazz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
IOWA
How are you guys depriming your 408 Chey-Tac brass ? I have heard of some guys just taking a punch and driving out the primer. Or are you using custom dies with a deprimer pin ?

Re: deprime 408 Chey-Tac case

if youy want to make a custom depriming punch get a steel bar around 3/16" and chuck it in the lathe drill the bar and lok tite a RCBS old style decapping pin in then get a piece of alloy and machine a rebate into it and drill it so the primer will drop through it.

Anyway i would just deprime them in a full length sizing die when you resize the cases as they need resizing to reload anyway.

Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific in my question. Looking at reloading for a 338/408 Chey-Tac, and would like to deprime
before full length sizing, as I have had trouble in the past with bending the primer pin when using a FL resizing die to deprime while resizing other calibers. I would like to deprime under a seperate operation, as I do with a LEE universal deprimer, but I don't think anyone makes a dedicated universal deprimer for that size case. Might have to have one made. Any thoughts.

Did not find what I needed on CH4D, but thanks for the lead.