• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Depriming die for 6.5 creedmoor lapua

Cody S

Not A Scammer
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Hazard, Kentucky
i bought a lee depriming die and it's too big to fit inside the lapua optimized flash hole, does any company make a universal die that can handle this?
I want to deprime wihout sizing so I can throw it in the SS tumbler, then anneal, then resize. Call me anal about my reloading method but the way i figure it this would be the best way.
thanks for the help everyone.

Also take a look at the Lee universal decapping die with squirrel daddy hardened steel decapping pins.

Redding is the die I always see mentioned but you could also chuck the pin up and sand it down yourself. Might be able to find a replacement pin somewhere thats already turned down tot he proper size.

Turned down the pin on the Lee works until it breaks then on to the Redding.
H

Sinclair for this guy. My lee was a rust magnet and turning down the pin was a pain. If your on a budget, Lee is fine, but for an extra $15 the sinclair is stainless and the pins are changeable should you move to a different calibre that doesnt require small pins.

Yes I'm using the squirrel daddy pins with lapua 6.5x46 brass. They are tapered so you gotta be careful how far down you let them stick through the die. I adjusted it slowly so it was just barely pushing out the primer, then adjusted it down until it finally pushed the primer all the way out. Then locked it down tight, and it was GTG. The Sinclair works good too, but I run it in a co-ax an inevitably it'll hit something because it's not lined up perfectly, and then the pin starts to bend a bit. Then I end up having to jiggle it sometimes to eject a primer. So I like the squirrel daddy pins a little better because they are sturdier, and I think the taper helps center the die as it floats around in the coax.

How are you guys turning down the lee pins? Chuck it up in a drill and hit a file on it or pinch some sand paper or something?