• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Depriming Lapua SRP brass - issue resolved, thanx to those who replied.

LG65CM

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
Looking for suggestions for a hand held tool that I can deprime my Lapua 6.5mm SRP brass with. TIA, lg

Here's a popular choice

That franklin will work if it’s small primer regular flash hole like for a 223 but a br/x47 case etc will need the pin turned down to match the small flash hole diameter.

I don’t know if any hand held like that which are small pin diameter without filing them down yourself.

Reactions: LG65CM
Thanx for reply Spife7980. I've got that tool . The Lapua brass I have is still loaded as I bought a few boxes of Berger ammunition and it is made using Lapua SRP brass. So can't try the tool out. I know a person can sand down regular sized deprimer pins. Though I would rather have a tool that has the size pin needed. I think the flash hole measurement on L SRP is 0.059".

Takes awhile...

Will look deeper into the Harvey. I did see where they sell the pins and specifically mention for Lapua's SRP. Thanx 'jb'.

Thanx Forward543, I have the Lee universal and really like it. But, am looking for a) hand tool method and b) where I don't need to sand or turn down the standard sized pins. So far the Harvey seems to fit the bill.

You can use a mighty armory decapping die with their small pin attached and a lee hand held press to do the job. Also gives you the option of moving the die to a single stage or progressive press in the future.

Thanx Bullzeye NJ. I gave up as I came across Hornady's universal deprime die and their SRP pin and ordered it ten minutes ago from Precision Reloading. I have the Frankfort hand tool for LR primers as well as Lee's universal decapping die/pin. So, I am at least now set up to deprime the Lapua SRP brass.

Thanx to all of you for your replies. lg