• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deputy Shoots Muslim

The force is strong with this one. jihadi or not, he has more balls than any of us. You at least have to respect that.

Darwin award of the year..

well stupid is as stupid does , that was not really a great protest nice and fast but not well planned or executed also feel sort of bad for the cop being put in that situation where he had to shoot guy and for what to try and catch a bullet yea he did his wish he caught 2 . maybe he wanted to know how a deer feels when shot i don't know that was a dumb way to spend a day to me.

Maybe I'll get a lot of heat and maybe I'll be the only one with such an opinion. But the cop could have used his taser. There's a reason why they say not to ever take a knife to a gun fight, that's because you won't stand a chance. In this case, the knife carrying Muslim didn't stand a chance to the cop so...

Anyhow, I do agree that the Muslim was only asking for trouble.

Maybe I'll get a lot of heat and maybe I'll be the only one with such an opinion. But the cop could have used his taser. There's a reason why they say not to ever take a knife to a gun fight, that's because you won't stand a chance. In this case, the knife carrying Muslim didn't stand a chance to the cop so...

Anyhow, I do agree that the Muslim was only asking for trouble.

Knife is past taser. Have a knife? Cop is going to shoot you. Period. If you want a fair fight, don’t fight a cop.

Great job Seargent. I feel he shoulda put more rounds on him and ensured the threat was over. 21 foot rule. Stello? Do you really think while a obviously crazy person that just threw rocks, retreated, then turned with a knife, squared off, then advanced should be given an open window by the solo officer to stab him? That’s exactly what he would be doing if he holstered his weapon to grab a taser. Taser additionally gives him one shot to hit moving target. One shot is enough for unarmed aggressor maybe but armed with a knife? Think it through and read up on Palestine knife attacks on Israel cops then tell me if you still feel the same. I hold cops to a high standard And I 100% support his actions. He showed compassion, wisdom, and confidence by stopping at 2 rounds to chest area. He could have emptied the clip and still been lawful and had a clear concience.

It is in cop training though? You train for this? I did at the sheriffs department. You get within 12 or less feet of a guy with a knife, you’re going to get cut. He has a knife with intention of swinging? You shoot.

No I actually don't train for this, that's why I said I might get some heat for posting what I posted lol.

Great job Seargent. I feel he shoulda put more rounds on him and ensured the threat was over. 21 foot rule. Stello? Do you really think while a obviously crazy person that just threw rocks, retreated, then turned with a knife, squared off, then advanced should be given an open window by the solo officer to stab him? That’s exactly what he would be doing if he holstered his weapon to grab a taser. Taser additionally gives him one shot to hit moving target. One shot is enough for unarmed aggressor maybe but armed with a knife? Think it through and read up on Palestine knife attacks on Israel cops then tell me if you still feel the same. I hold cops to a high standard And I 100% support his actions. He showed compassion, wisdom, and confidence by stopping at 2 rounds to chest area. He could have emptied the clip and still been lawful and had a clear concience.

I'm not saying you're wrong for supporting his actions. I don't think the deputy was wrong for doing what he did. Again, I mentioned earlier the Muslim was pretty much asking for it with his non-cooperative behavior.

I guess I just feel I could have tased him and disarmed him without wasting ammo.

Since he is a muslim, well there only good dead. But....the taser would have worked. This is one of the things I do not like about leo's now days. The first thing most of them do is pull the gun out. All I'm saying is they should more than 1 tool in the toolbox. The kid was an idiot, you can tell by listening to the phone call he made first.

He needed idiot tattoo'd on his forehead. That's one less jihadi in america !!!

If he hit the cop with his tiny rock and let him draw a little blood, he would end up in prison....as someones girlfriend...and no grape jelly.

I’m not trying to hassle. I see were your coming from. I grew up in Houston and had to take a knife away from a kid before. If I was old enough to have a gun I woulda shot him. I wasn’t though and as a older brother I had to react. ( I was 14). Luckily I was able to take it from him and he decided to flee. The only justification that could be made for tasing him would be if he grabbed the taser when suspect was first attempting to flee. That would have been the wrong choice but he woulda been better off to just go with it and make his one shot count. Tasers only work when officer is not in immediate danger. If there was another officer to cover down with firearm while one tased for example. You must also realize your asking a cop to go against muscle memory when you ask to tase over shoot. When he was first attacked without even thinking he put his hand on his pistol, pulled it, and pointed. By that time he was fleeing so he didn’t open fire. The situation never presented itself a opertunity to holster the weapon until the first backup arrived. I’m not leo by the way.. I’ve just been in similar situations and military trained. I’ve been shot at and I’ve had cops pull on me for stupid unjustifiable shit. If his actions were not justified I’d be the first to call him on it.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Knife is not past taser in reach tho

I've done A LOT of knife based training, and the speed at which a blade can fuck somebody up is not a laughing matter. Hell, an emotionally disturbed 9 year old with a sharp knife and determined enough to carve somebody up will easily kill a prepared but unarmed adult.

I have to second that......Knife is way past Taser. There are YouTube videos that show how fast and vicious a knife attack can go down. Even 21-30 feet is nothing. A determined knifer can sprint that distance and close in before you can even clear leather from a holstered position.

Knife = gloves are off.

“I guess I think I coulda tased him” isn’t good enough. When you can honestly say “I know I can tase him” is the only time taser is the appropriate tool from your toolbox. Even then it’s not appropriate for you to push your perceived skill level into that seargent. That was a close range moving target. How many moving targets have you shot at? Take a charging bear for example.. do you want a Taser? Or a semi auto pistol? Perhaps if they made semi auto tasers it would be a more level argument but that’s not a option. Read up on the 21 foot rule. That is just not a taser situation. Guy had a knife. He gave every indication of using it. The officer wasn’t hungry for blood. He gave the suspect plenty of time to drop the weapon. Body cams are America’s new best friend. Everyone in any role authorized to use lethal force should have one. Is this the same county that had prisoners staying in army surplus tents and pink jumpsuits?

Tasers are more of a compliance device than a weapon designed to take down an active and imminent threat. If a person is unarmed, but flailing about and in a state of agitation, a Taser can be deployed to give him a wake up call...followed by "if you don't quiet down now and allow the cuffs to be put on, you are going to get another zap".

The involvement of weapons...particularly lethal weapons, calls for a leveling of the playing field. Now it has clearly gone from the realm of "quiet down and comply" to "put down the knife /gun or we will shoot".

Aside from the draw speed difference between the taser and his pistol and the distance between them (and I'll assume you have no idea what I'm talking about), I gotta ask WTF kind of tasers do they have where you come from???

That is pretty wicked. Getting the knife just timed and balanced to go straight into the target like that.

Knife throwing is pretty much the only kind of projectile weapon that I have not really been able to get a good grasp on. I tried throwing knives before and I SUCKED at it. It takes a certain level of practice to get it right but I guess I just prefer to have my projectiles driven by burning gunpowder or a bowstring...

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
No I actually don't train for this, that's why I said I might get some heat for posting what I posted lol.

I'm not saying you're wrong for supporting his actions. I don't think the deputy was wrong for doing what he did. Again, I mentioned earlier the Muslim was pretty much asking for it with his non-cooperative behavior.

I guess I just feel I could have tased him and disarmed him without wasting ammo.

Wasting ammo? WTF?!

Tasers work really well if you hit your target and both probes contact the body. If one or both miss you are fucked if the guy has a knife. Most tasers are single shot so you got one chance. New ones are 2 shot. Lots of variables. Knife is a deadly weapon. It deserves the consideration of 15 rounds of 40 if someone pulls and threatens with it and they get within 21 feet of you.

Fuck him.... scumbag had a knife shoot him. Period the end "oh he could have tasered him or talked him down...." blah blah blah the scumbag baited the cop to charge him or chase him when he threw the rocks. The cop backed up far enough, gave enough warning. only problem is resources were wasted on saving him and now housing , feeding and court cost.... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

[QUOTE="stello1001, post: 7548117, member: 111381"There's a reason why they say not to ever take a knife to a gun fight, that's because you won't stand a chance. In this case, the knife carrying Muslim didn't stand a chance to the cop so...
.[/QUOTE]

Your understanding of the force continuum and of the threat that edged weapons present is naive at best.

I am far from a badge bunny and readily agree that actions like what appears to have happened in Houston plants seeds of doubt big enough that the thin blue line better fix themselves fast BUT GET REAL - a gun isnt a magic talisman/ guarentee that you will not get cut/killed. FBI statistics for 2018 (calendar year 2017) show one out of 42 assailants used a knife to kill an armed officer. This means, guns are easier but knives can make you just as dead.

Vests dont stop knives and as mentioned above tasers dont always work.

If you are faced with a shithead with a knife who is threatening you and yours and you believe they are going to carry through with threat - if you are serious about keeping yourself/those you care about alive - you should shoot said shithead as needed till they stop/you are no longer afraid for your life. This applies for anyone - LEO or a person who encounters a shithead in the course of life.

Since he is a muslim, well there only good dead. But....the taser would have worked. This is one of the things I do not like about leo's now days. The first thing most of them do is pull the gun out. All I'm saying is they should more than 1 tool in the toolbox. The kid was an idiot, you can tell by listening to the phone call he made first.

He needed idiot tattoo'd on his forehead. That's one less jihadi in america !!!

If he hit the cop with his tiny rock and let him draw a little blood, he would end up in prison....as someones girlfriend...and no grape jelly.

It’s hard to determine sarcasm through the internet. That being said, if that was your goal I missed it. If not, the following applies:

The force is not strong in you. Clearly you have zero understanding of how these scenarios work in the real world.

As already mentioned by a few members, the 21 foot rule is in play. Twenty-one feet can be covered by a motivated assailant in a second, or two at most. A moving target closing the distance to you while wielding a deadly weapon? That’s too much room for error. That’s all the reason in the world to justify using deadly force.

The failure rate of the taser is too high so that narrows your options. The assailant was wearing a heavy sweatshirt. What if one of the tazer’s darts misses or fails to make a solid connection? That is very possible w/ a heavy sweatshirt.

The deputy’s pistol is a much better option. Deadly force was clearly authorized as this deputy was in fear for his life.

Do you think the assailant was charging the deputy in a gesture of friendship? Your response is so naive (benefit of doubt given) it’s not laughable. You sound like Babbles, Avacodo or San Dunham, etc. I’m not trying to attack you, but clearly you’ve no concept of how a situation such as this can unfold if not dealt w/ properly. If the deputy had responded in any other fashion I doubt he’d be alive today.

ETA: punctuation mistake.

Last edited:
well fuck, I deleted my post lol.

There was lots of sarcasm in that post. After all the cop bashing threads, I thought I would take a different stance in this one. I am aware of closing distance. I don't compliment cops too often, but this guy is top notch. Instead of just bashing on the poor kid for being dumb on posts from everyone, I tried to turn this into a more productive angle.

I only watched the vid, then later on, I went back to listen to the audio only. This kid was an idiot. That cop knew exactly what he was rolling up on...and still retained his composer/professionalism.

Waterwalker, You have the best post in the entire thread. (y)

Last edited:
Knife is not past taser in reach tho

Are you the same guy that suggested the cops in the portland beheading/shoot video shoulda used their tasers? What is going on here? Methinks you place waaaay too much faith in nonlethal measures. idk what kind of fairytale land you live in. Perhaps you need some time with your ass on the line before you continue to monday-mornin-quarterback.

You ask me....this nonlethat shit has magnified problems. Motherfucker gets pepper sprayed, or tazed....what do they learn?
Take the same asshole, punch his ticket, IF they live, they suffer a NASTY injury that is going to affect them the rest of their lives. add to that, the mentality that folks can tangle with the police and have an expectation to NOT be met with lethal force...i think it just emboldens them.

I am all for citizens’ rights. But damn it, you square off with a officer with a weapon, the expectation should be that you are going to be shot and most likely killed. I think there would be a whole ‘nother mindset were it not for nonlethals.

I hope I didn't miss it but did the 911 operator notify the Shariff's officer that the young man had a knife? It didn't appear so by his demeanor when he arrived on the scene. If he was never notified the 911 operator needs to take a taser ride via the officer for being a dick. The officer is lucky the young man A) didn't throw the knife at him or B) doesn't have any training in Filipino martial arts or he'd be dead or in extremely bad shape. Good job on the officers part keeping cool under pressure and not going all Sam Dunham on him.

That’s a issue that gets no recognition. Dispatch.. it’s obvious to me that dispatch gave a proper heads up. That’s why a seargent was there instead of some headstrong rookie with a chip on his shoulder. Dispatch did a good job in this situation. When they do a bad job is times like when the cops rolled up on that kid with a toy gun and was out of the car shooting before it was even stopped. The caller even told dispatch he thinks it’s a kid and a toy. Dispatch didn’t take the shot, but they need to take responsibility for their good or bad jobs and subsequent deaths.

You ask me....this nonlethat shit has magnified problems. Motherfucker gets pepper sprayed, or tazed....what do they learn?
Take the same asshole, punch his ticket, IF they live, they suffer a NASTY injury that is going to affect them the rest of their lives. add to that, the mentality that folks can tangle with the police and have an expectation to NOT be met with lethal force...i think it just emboldens them.

I am all for citizens’ rights. But damn it, you square off with a officer with a weapon, the expectation should be that you are going to be shot and most likely killed. I think there would be a whole ‘nother mindset were it not for nonlethals.
Pretty much, don't be a dick and bad shit won't happen.
Problem with that is some people don't deal with reality,to many movies,Facebook post and video games.
Whole different ballgame when that shit is for real.

Reactions: Blutroop
i would love it if everyone who thinks they know or can do better, was put in the situation to prove/do it.

it’s one thing to watch a video, but it is entirely another thing when it is YOUR ass in the confrontation. until you’ve been standing there, trying to keep eyes on the threat in front of you, and trying to maintain awareness 360 degrees around you, all the while trying to manage bystanders (who may be friendly, they may be hostile, they may be unintentionally caught up in whatever and hurt/killed) ....
trying all the while trying to manage all those moving parts, AND being aware that afterward, you are going to be fileted by every swinging dick and their brother for what you did/didnt/could have/should have/shouldnt have....and the legal ramifications if you dont get it 100% right.

some folks just flat out aint got a clue. “shoulda tasered ‘em....”. fuck. me. running.

Reactions: Blutroop
The force is strong with this one. jihadi or not, he has more balls than any of us. You at least have to respect that.

Darwin award of the year..

I don't know about that, doesn't seem like he had much to lose. I think he ran out of reasons to live in contrast to finding reasons to die, and martyrdom is effectively what he was trying to achieve with his final actions. Men with fatal convictions are not hard to find, it's valor that is rare.

...and the legal ramifications if you dont get it 100% right..

By "legal ramifications" do you mean possibly having a few days paid vacation at worse and then any problems are paid for by the taxpayers?

What baffles me the most is how most muslim's IQ seem to tank into the single digits when they go all jihadi. I keep waiting for this kind of stuff to happen around Michigan where there are large concentrations of them.

Wasting ammo? WTF?!
Are you the same guy that suggested the cops in the portland beheading/shoot video shoulda used their tasers? What is going on here? Methinks you place waaaay too much faith in nonlethal measures. idk what kind of fairytale land you live in. Perhaps you need some time with your ass on the line before you continue to monday-mornin-quarterback.

I honestly don't recall any Portland video? Pretty sure you have me confused with someone else? You got a link to that vid?

One of the veterans of the Iraq war who shoots at the range that I go to, has told the rest of us on multiple occasions that the coalition and regional allied troops had been REALLY lucky that the jihadis could not shoot for shit. Some of them are actually adherents of the belief that Allah will physically guide their bullets into striking the bodies of the unbelievers so they will quite literally just spray and pray.

There had been a very few exceptions amongst their ranks who were satisfactory marksmen and these guys had given the coalition troops A LOT of trouble, especially because these fuckers would deliberately use populated buildings and even hospitals as their firing posts, holding the civilians as hostages against air strikes.

Reactions: AllWorkAndNoPlay
That officer was very calm. Good job. I didn’t hear the call so feel like I missed part of it but the kid seems to have mental health issues. It’s a weird escalation. He was hiding that hand in his pocket. Then he threw a rock? That’s weird. Who throws a rock? Then after he ran backwards from the rock throw he decided in for a penny, in for a pound and pulls a knife. After the officer had gun drawn?

Then after he got shot he was begging for help and polite and it all just seemed really weird.

I’d love to know what he was thinking. I’m guessing that kid has never been in a fight in his life.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
It goes like this. STOP DROP YOUR WEAPON BANG BANG. Repeat as necessary. End of conversation. The cop demonstrated extreme professionalism and probably too much tolerance. Glad it turned out well. As far as taseing if two cops were there Maybe if one already had bad guy at gunpoint preferably at the first distance not bad breath close. Adrenaline does strange things two in the chest face gets the rest. And who knows if the bad guy was alone?

Reactions: JimLee