• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Camo - Duracoat colors

DBL LUNG

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Rapid City, SD
Hey guys, anybody got a good idea of which Duracoat colors would best represent the Desert Camo pic attached?
I am trying to figure out which three colors to go with from Duracoat.
Attached is a pic of the desert camo I am referring to.

I was thinking #116 Multi Beige for the base, #11 Desert Beige for the second color, #89 Desert Warrior Tan for the last color. What to you guys think? Are these colors close?
I don't know what to go with for the action and barrel.

I really like the looks of the desert camo.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Josh

Rem700-A5-1.jpg

Re: Desert Camo - Duracoat colors

Josh,
For info the multi beige is extremely light, I used some for a little contrast on a pattern but it was way to light for me to run as a base.

a comparison for ya. Or maybe not...I can't get the damn pic to load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Josh,
For info the multi beige is extremely light, I used some for a little contrast on a pattern but it was way to light for me to run as a base. </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.
I am kind of trying to do a desert style/prairie thing.
I think the above camo job looks pretty damn nice, so that is what I was going to base mine off of.
I have used Duracoat in the past to paint my 10/22 and it turned out pretty good.
This time around I will actually have a descent air brush to use and it should go smoother than the first time.
Here's a pic of my 10/22 that I did ACU digital with Duracoat.

101_1013.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not just contact randy at R@D precision.
Thats where the picture came from.
Randy has done work for me and i can reccomend him highly.

http://www.rdprecision.net/ </div></div>

I sent Randy an email.
Thanks for letting me know who did the work.
I couldn't locate the thread where I found that pic.
I jumped over to Randy's site. He has some great looking builds.
Thanks