• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tactical Arms SRS

texasvmi

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
WHERE EVER UNCLE SAM SENDS ME
Has anyone gotten to use/fire the Desert Tactical Arms SRS .300WIN? Is it worth the effort in finding one in respect to MOA Groups? Does anyone know where to find one other than through the MFG?

Thanks'

D. Gray
US Army 1996-Present
OIF I, OIF III, OEF 08-09

Re: Desert Tactical Arms SRS

We had one in the last course we ran at the NRA Whittington Center. The student brought his in .243 WIN and the firing pin broke on the final day of shooting. I've never had that happen in my last 8+ years of instructing. I wouldn't say that it makes the rifle not worth investing in because these things happen in manufacturing and are generally easy fixes. But it's something to be aware of for the time being.

Overall, the rifle performed well when it was shooting. It takes some getting used to with magazine changes and bolt manipulation with a bullpup configuration. We didn't have any experience with the .300 WIN during that training period, so I can't help you with accuracy expectations. The .243 WIN chambering did well with the student's handloads. It was too bad that it didn't work out for the last day of shooting. I think that it's a good idea for size and the ability to change cartridges based on target size/distance. As long as it works.

While I only have experience with the .338LM SRS, if you search some of the many threads on the SRS in this forum, you'll see it's it's a very accurate platform.

In case anyone didn't know all of the srs bolts use the exact same internals including firing pin. This is very convenient in the unlikely event you have a problem then you can swap parts between bolts and be back up and runing immediately.

It was my Desert Tactical Arms SRS that broke. The issue I have is WHY? This has not happened to me before on any weapon let alone one that has less that a 300 round count. It is an expensive rifle that is meant for "desert tactical" use, it obviously has some design issues. I was told the same thing as above, to just change out the pins from the bolts... I had only one bolt and it broke. The response I got from nick himself is that it was my misunderstanding and I had a issue with the warranty fine print. Not the customer service I was looking for after dropping that much cash. The new firing pins I received were obviously redesigned, I only can hope that the company has sent these new pins out to all the rifles that need them.

MWS
I am Nick, just so everyone knows this guys firing pin broke in a training class, he called after the training class and we promptly sent him a replacement when called then he threatened me and told me that if I didn't pay him $350 dollars to make up for a day of lost training then he would get all over the Internet and trash us. Well looks like he lived up to his promise. What I would say is if you don't like your rifle sell it.

i shot it against my AI 300 at work and it was easily as accurate.

Nick,
I have a 308 and 338 setup and haven't had a problem. I'm curious as to why this new rifle failed. I'm not looking to bash the brand . The design speaks for itself and has a good following on this site.
Please educate us on what may have caused the pin to brake. We may learn something and become better keepers of the holy Grail.

I have the 300 win version.. LOVE it!..

IMG_7064.jpg

I’ve only shot 44 rounds out of it so far thou.. Here’s my first outing at 200 yards with 190gr home rolled

IMG_7090.jpg

And here’s an 8 shoot group using home rolled 208gr loads

IMG_7092.jpg

The kick is light.. Nothing like you would expect a 300 win to be IMO..

I’m hopping to stretch her out this weekend as I’ve got a match coming up next weekend..

oh yeah they have easily one of the most effective muzzle brakes i've ever shot, the 338 lapua kicked as much as my ar10 unsupressed.

Some people don't understand mechanical stuff fails the end.i mean a piece of foam took down the space shuttle .i didn't know the ability to swap firing pin from the different bolt!! that's a well thought idea.just wish the rifle fit me as well as an AI.Texas the rifle will shoot < than MOA and is a solid platform,its just doesn't fit me but i did really enjoy the time i spent behind one.

MGC
Without the actual damaged pin I can't inspect it to find out exactly why it broke. Could have been an unseen fracture that existed in the steel prior to machining or higher than average hardness from heat treatment causing brittleness.

I've got the 308/300wm/338lapua conversions for mine. I love the gun. I just got in the 300 conversion and have only sent 100rnds down range (much cheaper than 338). It shoots with any of my AI's. I'm getting .5 min 5rnd groups out to 500 yds. The only complaint I have would be the barrel coating. Not sure what it is but it looks like it's only blued. Nothing wrong with that but would like something a little more durable but the Krylon likes it. With any new platform there will always be some design changes that need to be made after you send out thousands of guns. What really matters to me is customer service. For what it's worth, I have enjoyed dealing with DTA on the phone and they have been very helpfull on every question or need that I've had.

I'll post up the groups I get this weekend.

im assuming that this is an irregularity that happened to youre firing pin?

I have the SRS in .338 LM and enjoy the hell out of it. I had an issue with mine after about 20 rds where the bolt wouldn't reset the firing pin every time. I called up DTA and they said it sounded like a weak spring issue they had early on and since had been using a stiffer spring. I guess I must have got one of the early ones. He said he would get a new spring sent out right away and when I got the package there were two springs in it. After replacing the weak one I still have a spare. That's great customer service in my opinion.

I bought my rifle used from a member here off the hide. Have the 308 and 338 package. At 003 probably one of the first ones out the door.It didnt have the 308 boltstop in the case, I called to order one and they sent me one. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT!!! I offered to pay and honestly feel guilty about receiving the part this was no fault of theirs. Shit that gets used breaks,thats just a fact of life, so far no problems with my springs but if I ever do I will call them up and order a few spares. Have an M1A 3 sets usgi bolt guts in the safe, POF spare gas piston in the safe. Hell thats why they put spare tires on vehicles SHIT HAPPENS! Nick, keep up the good work I really love the product your putting out and wish you much success.

I am concerned with nicks response, I gave him more than a month to address this issue, and respond, he did not. You have a right to know about problems with his rifle. For me, the srs is just a toy, for others it is life or death. I have a great respect for the people who are defending us and putting themselves in harms way, they deserve best product available. If there is a design flaw/ issue address it. I am embarrassed for nick in trying to put me down and out-right lie. I gave his company money on faith, the rifles were still being geared up for production and I was patient with delay after delay. It's my opinion that srs is an inovative design, I have made the mistake of being an early adopter and it seems that the bugs are not vetted. You should be concerned with a man who is willing to defend a product over the concern for our uniformed personal.
This is a copy of the email I sent nick.

Nick, we talked yesterday concerning a broken firing pin in your rifle, some clarification is needed regarding our conversation. Your statements; I "had some fine print issues" and "the warranty doesn't cover emotional expenses" seemed to be designed for liability control as opposed to a genuine concern. Its true that I had a sizable investment in dollars: approximately $7500 for your products alone, the course at the Whittingham Center, and most valuable my time, but according to you, it is me who has fine print and emotional issues??? I am a 13 year veteran of a few pretty impressive Army Airborne groups and a 20 year Firefighter/ Paramedic in xxx. In that time I have seen many things that can stir emotion, your invention breaking on me is not one of them. Prior to speaking to you, one of your techs confirmed that some of the early rifles had this problem and that you have a new firing pin available. I asked him if you knew there was an issue why didn't I receive a replacement earlier? To me your rifle is for sport, my course was ruined at a round count of 257, but the consequences of an preventable equipment failure for some you market to is more dire.
Perhaps the "fine print" of your invention has been satisfied by sending me 2 replacement pins for my 2 bolts. Maybe you were rubbed the wrong way by me asking for a break on the monopod installation or a couple of the high capacity magazines that are supposedly in the pipeline for my trouble and inconvenience. Could be you concerned that my rifle was being evaluated by industry writers without you being aware of it? But, If you were me, what would your impression of the manufacturer be when the first thing you get is "fine print and emotional expenses?"

MWS,
We didn't talk yesterday we spoke a few weeks back. I'm not going to get in a fight with you, all I will state is that MWS made the same threat to several individuals at DTA and anyone can call and verify with Mike (our quality control manager), Ethan our commercial sales person, and or/myself. I think it is very poor taste to threaten for money or else you will trash our company online. If your resume is like you say it is then why are you throwing a fit over one day of training, you should have training running out of your ears. You would also know that any operators in the field carry spares.

For everyones knowledge our warranty covers what it says "Parts and Labor" not emotional trauma. We will send you a replacement part yes but we are not going to pay you $350 on top of that to pay you to not trash us online. Of the hundreds of rifles we have produced early on less than 1% had a firing pin failure. Almost 1 year ago then we changed to a more predictable steel and not a single failure has occured since the change, anyone who is concerned about their firing pin, feel free to call Mike with your serial number and he will tell you if you have an old pin or new pin and if you have an old pin and want a new pin to satisfy any worry that MWS has put in your head then we will send you one. I myself have been running the old firing pins since the beginning. MWS's case is an anomaly not the norm.

i love online drama, I am a operator and i have had failures on KAC 6000 dollar gas guns (more times then i would like to count), failures on AI bolt guns, crane built Mk12's, mcmillan rifles. ALL rifles are equipment that will break, and you have to account for that. the people relying on their rifles sadly don't get to pick their equipment 99 percent of the time and have to make do so knowing that we do carry a lot of spares, i carry spare bolts, carriers, pins, optics, etc etc. now if i lose one day of shooting over a broken firing pin i'm not goin to call AI and chew out their owner for making a faulty pin, you suck it the fuck up and move on, fix the damn thing and shoot the piss out of it. nick seems to be doin everything he needs to.

MWS,
You are a BITCH!!!!! I have a SRS in a 243 and 338. I was at the range when I was home and had a firing pin failure. I didn't know it at the time and I called up DTA at the range to see if they could figure out what had happened so I didn't have to waste a day not shooting since I don't have that much time at home. They told me that I had a firing pin failure and that they would overnight me new pins. Then explained over the phone how I could switch out the 243 firing pin with my 338 firing pin that broke.

I got the package the next day and they had sent me a bunch of new firing pins. So I fixed the problem and was amazed at all the firing pins they sent me!!!!

The SRS is a completely new rifle and any company making something from scratch is going to have some hiccups. I know this because I have a small ownership in a ski making company and can't believe all the hiccups we went through when we first started making skis.

I was at a Sniper Hide Match last fall. There were a couple of Snipers there from a Ranger BN. They were shooting AI's I believe. Well guess what, one of them broke and the owner of Rifle's Only that sponsors the Match had to lend him one of his rifles so he could finish the match.

So shut the fuck up and go whine somewhere else. I doubt that anyone here really gives a fuck what you think!!!

hey JONG ,
the only bitch i see here is you for trying to start shit it seems to me there is two sides to this mws bought a rifle before it was even produced that takes balls in itself to throw 7500 into something you have not touched let alone fired is it desert tacts problem he had lost a day of class no but if they were aware of an issue something should have been done. i.e. like if a car is recalled due to a manufactures issue . this unfortunately could have been
averted with communication so jong you shut the fuck up
i have no stake in this but if i paid 7500 for a rifle and some one knew there was an issue id be pissed too.

an "issue" is ALL the firing pins being bad. 1% us not an issue. you really don't want to know what is wrong with any car any of us drive 1% of the time. recalls are done on cars when its like 10 plus percent. nick said he would happily send a new firing pin. shit happens, i'm sure in 1 percent of GAP's, mcmillans, ai's etc you can find any myriad of issues

Varmint, you are out of line! We don't have personal attacks on the Hide. It may be fun for drama on other boards but the Hide is here for learning shooting from one another. Chiller or one of the other moderators can lock the thread would be my suggestion.

I don't think Jong helped any on this matter as well. Funny to call one out while completely ignoring the party who originally started the name calling and personal attacks.

Back on topic, it is bad that things do break but the chamber of a rifle is not a friendly environment. Seems to me that cooler heads could have been used but I can definitely see how the OP got frustrated.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

lol, i've seen ai's do the same shit, trust me

This reminds me of a varmint hunter that went to the middle of no where to shoot Pdogs and had a firing pin brake. It was his only rifle and had to travel quite a ways to get it fixed. He lost a day of shooting Pdogs but learned a good lesson. Be prepared. I think every one reading these posts needs to think about what they bring to hunts and comps when they travel. I was pissed when my firing pin broke but now I know how to repair all my rifles and have the parts to fix them if they do. As always, good info on this site. Thanks

hey its when something doesnt break
that i get nervous .

It seems like nick at Desert tactical Arms has his propaganda team working to mitigate this problem. Up till last night there were only a couple of posts, now take a look at how many there are. So before they get this thread locked because of name calling and other BS, in hopes to cut off the discussion of the problem, I'll finish with this: In the 2nd post Jon Weiler honestly reported on my problem and stated he never had a firing pin breakage in 8 years. This is from a 50 Cal sniper from the 82nd, vet of the sandbox. If it is acceptable to you to have breakage of a crucial system, that is up to you. It is not OK with me. You already have two people in this post stating they have had firing pins broken, me and Jong, how many more are needed or already happened. I am only trying to make the public aware of this. Someone's life may count on this piece of equipment, nick knows there is a problem and has already redesigned his firing pin. If you own one of these rifles, ask for a new pin, if you know someone who is using one of these rifles tell them about this issue. I have no personal vendetta against nick, I sent him the above email on 5 may, he had a month to resolve this problem privately, he didn't and didn't respond to my email. I have said, I think his invention is innovative, but he needs to follow through with quality control updates and leave customer service to someone who has less of an attitude and better people skills. I never asked for money, I challenge him to show proof. I am fortunate, I am able to throw $7500 on his products alone, not to mention the scope, ammo, etc. Does it make sense that I would care about $350? No, it doesn't. I am sorry it has come to this, I up till now have been a proponent of his rifle. This rifle will be up for sale because of you nick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, i've seen ai's do the same shit, trust me </div></div>

pics/video or it didnt happen!!
whistle.gif

Here are 3 groups from 3 different shooters on the 2700 yard video, I wouldn't sell it for a failed firing pin.

I have one from the 1st run, the firing pin hasn't failed yet. Maybe the heat treat got too hot and turned a couple brittle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBBnYPdfGCo

I am getting in this late, and I am a Veteran with nothing remarkable to talk about, and I am certainly no operator. I too went to a class and had an original Remington trigger crap out on my "custom" modified 700. Nearly got me kicked out as a result of the AD. Was able to reproduce it that night. Had another such problem the next morning. CHANGED RIFLES, since I brought an extra. Proper Prior Planning ........
If you took a vacation in your touring BMW that was new, and it had a problem, would you expect them to reimburse you for the missed hotel reservation? Would you want a break on something else? What would your response be for your $50,000+ car having a "failure"? Would you sell it when the Germans didn't respond to your emails?

It just doesn't seem to make sense that you would get so upset over a new production product that had a problem. It cost you, which is unfortunate, but that is part of life. New pins, more bang, more fun. Drive on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems like nick at Desert tactical Arms has his propaganda team working to mitigate this problem. Up till last night there were only a couple of posts, now take a look at how many there are. So before they get this thread locked because of name calling and other BS, in hopes to cut off the discussion of the problem, I'll finish with this: In the 2nd post Jon Weiler honestly reported on my problem and stated he never had a firing pin breakage in 8 years. This is from a 50 Cal sniper from the 82nd, vet of the sandbox. If it is acceptable to you to have breakage of a crucial system, that is up to you. It is not OK with me. You already have two people in this post stating they have had firing pins broken, me and Jong, how many more are needed or already happened. I am only trying to make the public aware of this. Someone's life may count on this piece of equipment, nick knows there is a problem and has already redesigned his firing pin. If you own one of these rifles, ask for a new pin, if you know someone who is using one of these rifles tell them about this issue. I have no personal vendetta against nick, I sent him the above email on 5 may, he had a month to resolve this problem privately, he didn't and didn't respond to my email. I have said, I think his invention is innovative, but he needs to follow through with quality control updates and leave customer service to someone who has less of an attitude and better people skills. I never asked for money, I challenge him to show proof. I am fortunate, I am able to throw $7500 on his products alone, not to mention the scope, ammo, etc. Does it make sense that I would care about $350? No, it doesn't. I am sorry it has come to this, I up till now have been a proponent of his rifle. This rifle will be up for sale because of you nick. </div></div>
wow dude, your a total bitch.....trying to extort a company for many.......sad, just sad...

bench

I'm confused, did you ask for the $350 or not? What exactly did you request because of the breakage? I'm not getting into this discussion to throw stones, but what you asked of DTA will speak a lot to your credibility.

A few years back a guy posted his bitches on several forums about 2 barrels he had from a well known AR smith that both had problems and the maker would not help him. I contacted said maker as he is a long time friend of mine alerting him to the posts.

He told me that the guy was not in his customer data base, he had never spoken with him prior, and that the guy would not verify the markings on the barrels for him to even establish that he had made them.

Always two sides to a story, and I never go to an important match without a complete spare rifle ready to go. I've only had to use it twice myself but have loaned it out on several occasions to others that had failures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This rifle will be up for sale</div></div>

Well, make sure you have your 100 posts to sell it and since you hate this rifle and have so much money you don't care about $350 be sure to just cut your losses and sell it real cheap. I'll save you the time and give you 50 bucks for it. I could always use a second SRS because I love mine and need another for friends to shoot.

Man drama.....

I will give you 1000 bucks for the POS to relieve you of your misery. I enjoy misery so is why I am willing to go 1000 for a broken up piece of kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MWS,
Almost 1 year ago then we changed to a more predictable steel and not a single failure has occured since the change, anyone who is concerned about their firing pin, feel free to call Mike with your serial number and he will tell you if you have an old pin or new pin and if you have an old pin and want a new pin to satisfy any worry that MWS has put in your head then we will send you o.</div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">nick himself admitted that there was a problem.</span> Some of these rifles are in the hands of uniformed personnel, preventable failures are not acceptable. It took all this BS for nick to finally come out and say there was a problem. An honorable man would have said point blank; This is a new design, we found a potential problem with a part, your replacement part is in the mail. He knew about the problem and was going to wait until the user had a failure before he did anything.

Maybe some of you have served with me, maybe not. I care what happens to you, your family, and our country. I could care less about drama, name calling and other childish school yard tactics.

To minimize his damage and to hide his design problem, nick has decided to attack my character with lies and false allegations. I have no idea where nick came up with that I wanted $350, the only thing I did ask for a break on the mono-pod installation.

People are posting pictures of cool looking SRS's and tight groups. <span style="font-style: italic">None</span> of that does you any good if the rifle goes down unnecessarily when it is needed. A lot of other rifles can shoot tight groups too.

And as far as the German car company BMW, they have a comprehensive service plan that includes just about everything, and you probably could get reimbursed for expenses if it was their fault.

" Maybe you were rubbed the wrong way by me asking for a break on the monopod installation or a couple of the high capacity magazines that are supposedly in the pipeline for my trouble and inconvenience."

MWS you should just stop with this garbage that you are spewing in this thread and the other threads involving the SRS platform. A mechanical part of a mechanical system failed...happens everyday to someone. The problem was taken care of and still you feel the need to attack the company. I'm sure with all of your many years of airborne and fire/emt service you have never witnessed a rifle fail, an ambulance or truck break down etc etc. I don't own an SRS, but I would like to and the positives I have heard regarding the system far outweigh the negatives. What is even more disturbing is that you come on here and use your first posts to bash someone, not exactly setting yourself up for success around here.

MWS,
You are a liar, you demanded that we reimburse you for the class or send you a free monopod or a bunch of magazines or else you would trash us online if we didn't. 1% failure is not a problem it is an Statistical Outlier. You asked me to prove that you said those things, on Monday I will ask the guys at the shop to write up what exactly you told each of them.

The only rifle that wont break is the rifle that is never shot.

I have acouple of DTA SRS rifles ( 2 338 Lapuas and one 308) They all shoot like a house a fire. Damm fine weapons but more importantly, these are rifles that where produced in America, not another rehashed Mauser Design, handle long loaded 338 Lapua ammo, weigh less than comp and put the rounds in one hole, time and time again. Not to mention fast bbl/caliber changes, short over all length, with great trigger and made by a real nice guy Nick. Fng great rifle!

Oh my God a firing pin broke, well after all the years of picking broken parts of other rifles out of my skin I am relieved when its only a firing pin that breaks. So far in about 1.5 years nothing has broken on any of my DTA's

Guys - I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and step-back for a moment.

This has bloomed into an over-escalation that stems from an initial verbal miscommunication between two parties. Having been at the OTR class and witnessed to the failure as well as being privvy to 2nd party reports & coaching for the shooter side of the conversation - I regret not being able to step in and attempt to help moderate earlier on.

Facts & emotion are posted in the thread already, and there is no need to re-hash the the aspects that both parties accept. But for the record:
1. Firing pin failed @ low round count
2. Manufacture supplied replacement parts at no additional cost to the shooter
3. There is at least one other documented failure from a different rifle/shooter combo
4. Manufacturer has established a reasonable failure tollerance percentage of a manufactured part and indicates that in the course of the production-run; that failure rate has not been exceeded.

I believe that MWS is justified and reasonable to be concerned about failure of this particular part and the particular failure-mode; due to low round count. Furthermore I believe the manufacturer has a right to respond to those concerns. Where this has all gone tits-up (in my opinion) is that a shooter with a problem let a bit more emotion into the business-problem of the failure. The emotion is driven by concerns of a similar failure mode putting someone in combat into a jeopardized situation. Couple that with what I suspect is a manufacturer who perhaps answered that concern a bit flippantly, or curtly when the shooter approached the topic of being made whole after having invested a significant chunk of money in the weapon and the class.. and we have two guys pissing on each others shoes.

I can only project my own personality were I in the manufacturers position and (if he is anything like me) I take it personally when something I have built, fails when it shouldn't have. At those times it's very tough to take the high-road and:
a. Appologize for the inconvenience
b. Express empathy for the lost class time
The manufacturer has a commercial relationship with the community so it is in his interest as well as the shooters to make this right, if indeed there is a 'wrong' here to begin with. I put 'wrong' here in quotes because until a root-failure is identified we can only speculate if this is a design, materials, assembly, or operator problem. Speculation is s very bad way to approach solving a problem like this.

Two people coming at the issue from the personal-angle doesn't work very well. I would recommend that you both would benefit from trying once more on a conf-call, perhaps moderated by a 3rd party. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The entire purpose of which would be determine whether or not you both could achieve any measure of closure by collaberating on further analysis or testing.</span></span> You both are interested in the root-cause of the failure - I see your interests aligned on this aspect. Leave the 'make-me-whole' & 'no pain & suffering warranty coverage' style comments in the old-business file. You can agree to not like each other, but friendliness is not a requirement to get to root-cause.

If after trying you simply cannot work together, then treat this as a business decision to part ways. I hope you don't end up remaining at odds, because this has the potential to switch from a bitch-slap-o'rama into a real success story if you can both keep the business problem in primary focus. Problems aren't people, but people & feelings sure make a hash of problems!

" you probably could get reimbursed for expenses if it was their fault. "

You PROBABLY are the one in a million guy that had a horrible set of circumstances occur with your AWESOME piece of equipment.

I have owned several high end vehicles, and they stand behind their warranty, they don't reimburse for your plans. I can attest.

I have also owned many top tier rifles, and they fail sooner or later. You were the sooner. Truly a bummer. DRIVE ON.

I have have stated everything exactly how it is and how it happened and have been a long time member here and hopefully established some credibility along the way. Unfortunately we have a select few customers who are jerks and are shallow. To assume that because we refused send this guy payment for not trashing us means that we do not address problems or continually work to make our products better is a false assumption.

MWS credibility is subtantiated by the fact that he became a member of this site only to trash us, all FIVE of his posts do just that and he has supplied no other contribution to this site. MWS go ahead and sell your rifle but you have 95 posts left of trashing us so it may take you a while to list it for sale.

I'm not going to post in this thread any further so have fun MWS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MWS,
You are a liar, you demanded that we reimburse you for the class or send you a free monopod or a bunch of magazines or else you would trash us online if we didn't. 1% failure is not a problem it is an Statistical Outlier. You asked me to prove that you said those things, on Monday I will ask the guys at the shop to write up what exactly you told each of them. </div></div>

nick you sound like your getting desperate now. Lets remember the main point of all of this; <span style="text-decoration: underline">You found out that you had a problem with your product, you redesigned a fix, but you failed to give this fix to people who spent good money on your product.</span>

1. You mean your going to have <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> employees who are on <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> <span style="text-decoration: underline">payroll</span> agree with you? Very funny, btw I'll help you out, there was only one tech I talked to before you and I spoke, and when I asked him why your company didn't send out the redesigned pins out to all who had defective ones he bumped me up to you. Why don't you just come up with a recording of our conversation I sure it would enlighten this whole matter.

2. How could you have "sent" me a mono-pod. They need to be factory installed?

3. My course cost a lot more than $350. I'm still confused where you came up with this number.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"> Do the right thing, recall the bad pins and replace them with the good</span> on</span>es.</span>

Maybe I need to take this out of an informal forum. I'm sure some procurement agencies, accurate shooter, and a few others would like to hear about this.

I'll post some pic's of the firing pins so you all can see the difference.

It's funny how it's the same people supporting you here and in other forums as well, are they your employees or just groopies. I understand the marketing importance of this internet stuff, but so is being a responsible manufacturer.

so what your saying MWS is that everytime a company updates one of their rifles they need to call all the previously sold ones in so they can do the update FOR FREE? you are one of two people out of the hundreds on here who own this rifle to have a issue. you have 5 posts on this site all of which are in this thread. Nick has been very proffesional on this matter and all you've chose to do is bash him. I am not his employee, i've never even met the guy, talked to him on the phone etc. But regardless of what you said i still chose to buy one of his rifles. sell your gun and get another, i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would happily take your rifle for a decent price and you can move on to bashing someone else.