• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout .308

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Been looking really close at this rifle and just wanted to know if anyone here has one? I cant find too many reviews on it. Looks like a great rifle and have seen claims of 1/2 moa out to a grand, so Id like to know what the SH word on this rifle is.

Re: Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout .308

PICS!!!! lol well if its what i think it is, it should live up to that claim roughly. im thinking of the prototype Corbon made a while back, i believe it was a 16" accurized bolt gun, with 10rd DM. they are VERY rare and can be custom made but expensive!!! plus .308 out of a 16" barrel....kinda iffy for 1/2 MOA at a grand though....you'd have to be one heeluva a shooter

I've got one, finally arrived a couple weeks ago. I haven't had time to take it out yet but I'll get back to you about it when I do.

beenjammin, ratbert and I have one. I am still waiting on my Heritage for it and the 338 barrel conversion. Ratbert has his up and running and reports its as advertised.

Here is my running commentary...
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1026076

Spoke with Nick at DTA today, in fact, about the couple of primers I failed to ignite. Apparently they use the same firing pin and spring in all bolts, so the fact that they were magnum cups shouldn't have been an issue. Good chance I just hit a bad batch of primers, since I hadn't had any problems before those few in a row, but if it keeps up he said he send me a slightly longer firing pin.

Also apparently the 308's only use a single ejector plunger, whereas the magnums have two (larger boltface with space to put them). There is also some talk of putting a stronger spring into the 308 ejector to help give it a little more oompf.

All in all, though, I like this rifle more every time I take it out of the safe. It is still going through some shakedown period, I think, as it is a brand new rifle; but DTA is standing behind everything and I think it will not be long before every one is 99.999% reliable (I never say 100% about anything.)

Oh, and they shipped me a couple prototypes of their full length welded mags. Need to take some pics, but I think this is gonna be a winner.

I've got a 338LM on order, should be shipping in the next month, I've been tempted to sell it so pm me if interested. Just use the prices on their website, 338LM, extra mag, 34mm scope mount w/ 40moa taper as recommended by Premier and S&B and I'll cover shipping.

It'd save you at least 6 months I'm guessing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pawlmawl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one, finally arrived a couple weeks ago. I haven't had time to take it out yet but I'll get back to you about it when I do.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beenjammin, ratbert and I have one. I am still waiting on my Heritage for it and the 338 barrel conversion. Ratbert has his up and running and reports its as advertised.</div></div>

I honestly can not see how you guys can wait so long for your rifle to come to the alter and then not be ready to pop her cherry on the wedding night. It's been like 2 weeks since I've run anything through the SRS (bought a new house, so I'm moving, plus it's been raining alot) and I'm already starting to have dreams about range time.

Hey Ratbert, our dreams do come true. Let's confirm going to the range Thursday afternoon. I'll have to blow off work. I look forward to playing with the SRS w/suppressor, quad trainer and my rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a 338LM on order, should be shipping in the next month, I've been tempted to sell it so pm me if interested.</div></div>
Jason you are so fickle!
wink.gif
I am kinda glad you are that way. Have I told you lately, I really love my S&B scope? Thanks.

Boy your new SRS FS sure is tempting! I would love it, but I got to pony up with the .308 first. I gotta quit thinking about it; damn you.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21 Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a 338LM on order, should be shipping in the next month, I've been tempted to sell it so pm me if interested.</div></div>
Jason you are so fickle!
wink.gif
I am kinda glad you are that way. Have I told you lately, I really love my S&B scope? Thanks.

Boy your new SRS FS sure is tempting! I would love it, but I got to pony up with the .308 first. I gotta quit thinking about it; damn you.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Just mail me the check....you know you want it.
smile.gif