• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech SRS 7 WSM magazine question

Dragoon300

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2018
What is the cartridge overall length that will fit in the DTA SRS 7 WSM magazine?
I am investigating my options for a magazine to fit the 6.5 PRC. I know SAC makes a good one with a 1 round extension out of SRS 308 mags. I have my own shop and can duplicate what they have done if necessary. However, I just learned that DTA has produced 7 WSM mags that work with short magnums so I am interested in this as an option. I thought I had it figured out, I modified one of my 338 Lapua mags and made a bolt stop to fit the 6.5 PRC, but found the round leaves the feed lips too early to insert the bullet tip in the chamber. It does work if I hold the front of the mag up, taking up the clearance when cycling the bolt. So I'm thinking the 7 WSM mags will probably work. My 6.5 PRC is seated to an OAL of 3.080" so I need to know if that will fit.

Where are you finding 7 wsm mags from dta? I've looked forever but never found any.

On the Desert Tech website in accessories they show long action magnum mags 338L and 300WM, separately they show 300NM 338NM and 7WSM mags. Then the short action 308 6.5cm mags. It appears they now have three sizes of SRS mags. I saw similar mag listing at Special Purpose Rifles website saying call them for caliber compatability on magazines.

I just ordered 3 of the 300NM / 7 WSM mags, supposed to ship 1/5. I am hoping to use with 6.5 PRC, I will keep you informed.

I just ordered 3 of the 300NM / 7 WSM mags, supposed to ship 1/5. I am hoping to use with 6.5 PRC, I will keep you informed.

i am interested in this as well. Just grabbed a 7 WSM factory barrel and with 180s and 175s my OAL touching lands is 2.98-3.00. So really I need something in between the two mag sizes.

I got confirmation my 300 NM mags will ship next week.
I will post detailed dimensions and information when I get them.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I got confirmation my 300 NM mags will ship next week.
I will post detailed dimensions and information when I get them.
Zombie thread bump. Any further info? I am hit or miss with my LA mags and the PRC case. Sometimes it runs smoothly. Sometimes the round won't chamber at all, so if these other magnum magazines are the solution, I'll order some

You need a modified magazine to run the 6.5 PRC. The magnum magazines are too long and the short action non magnum magazines are too short.

We have a few in stock at our shop. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Reactions: 65x55guy