• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Desert Tech SRS A2 Covert - 18" 6.5 PRC Proof Carbon Fiber Barrel

PRDRIVER

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 18, 2005
    SLC, UT
    Brand New Desert Tech SRS A2 Covert in the all new Tungsten color (we have every other factory offered color in stock including ODG/ODG and BLK/ODG). The Tungsten color is a little flatter and less shiny in person. This one is chambered in 6.5 PRC with a Proof Research Carbon Fiber Barrel, Area 419 Hellfire Brake (this can be swapped out for something else if desired), and a custom 6.5 PRC magazine.

We have other calibers/conversion kits on hand, a bunch of barrel blanks for custom barrels, and the longer barreled SRS A2/M2 Chassis and Conversion kits as well.

This set up retails for $6514.00. Contact us for Snipers Hide pricing.

DT Covert Tungsten 6.5 PRC Proof IMG_2254 copy.jpg

It’s fairly recent. The rail bolts on like the rail on the M2. It essentially will allow you to convert an A2 to an M2 or vice versa. It also means that DT only needs to produce one receiver for the A2, Covert, or M2.

I will be wanting one of these in 300nm hopefully soon. Cf barrel or not. Curious, does the cf barrel lighten it up any?

I will be wanting one of these in 300nm hopefully soon. Cf barrel or not. Curious, does the cf barrel lighten it up any?
    We have a couple different barrel lengths in carbon that are chambered in 300 Norma. DT barrels are relatively lightweight and pretty heavily fluted. Weight really depends on the length barrels you are considering. The longer the barrel, the more carbon and typically the more weight reduction.

We worked with Proof Research years ago to develop these barrels for the Desert Tech SRS. We weren’t sorely after weight reduction when putting this profile together. We wanted a barrel that was accurate and could hold up well under longer strings of fire, without adding weight. The proof barrels have significantly heavier profiles than the factory DT barrels. They are exceptional for accuracy and do very well under longer strings of fire.

Reactions: Jgunner
    We have a couple different barrel lengths in carbon that are chambered in 300 Norma. DT barrels are relatively lightweight and pretty heavily fluted. Weight really depends on the length barrels you are considering. The longer the barrel, the more carbon and typically the more weight reduction.

We worked with Proof Research years ago to develop these barrels for the Desert Tech SRS. We weren’t sorely after weight reduction when putting this profile together. We wanted a barrel that was accurate and could hold up well under longer strings of fire, without adding weight. The proof barrels have significantly heavier profiles than the factory DT barrels. They are exceptional for accuracy and do very well under longer strings of fire.
    Good to know. I have not always been impressed with cf barrels, seem to group better with fluted steel barrels, but small sample, could be many things. Hopefully i will sell my m16a1 soon and have funds to get into a long range rifle. Ive considered getting a 22cm conversion for it as well, just not sold on the cartridge for this type of rifle yet.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
    Good to know. I have not always been impressed with cf barrels, seem to group better with fluted steel barrels, but small sample, could be many things. Hopefully i will sell my m16a1 soon and have funds to get into a long range rifle. Ive considered getting a 22cm conversion for it as well, just not sold on the cartridge for this type of rifle yet.
    The great thing with this platform is that it is so easy to swap calibers. Barrels return back to their respective zeros every time. We have done a number of 22 CM barrels for customers in this platform.

• Love
    The great thing with this platform is that it is so easy to swap calibers. Barrels return back to their respective zeros every time. We have done a number of 22 CM barrels for customers in this platform.
    Good to hear. Ill be reaching out to you when i am ready. Thank you for going over it with me

It’s fairly recent. The rail bolts on like the rail on the M2. It essentially will allow you to convert an A2 to an M2 or vice versa. It also means that DT only needs to produce one receiver for the A2, Covert, or M2.
    Can I purchase an M2 and then purchase a covert forend? Or how would that work?

In this video, at about the 2min 30sec mark, it sounded like the M2 wouldn’t be compatible with A2 forends. That was around 2 years ago, though.

I also emailed DT customer service to ask a similar question on got this response in March:

“There are currently no plans to create a covert version or covert parts for the M2…I have one of my dealers working on the same scenario you spoke about (wanting a covert M2), he is testing it out on one of his own rifles, so I will let you know what he is able to figure out.”

Excited to hear that things might be different than I’ve heard!

Do you sell steel Proof DT barrels, or just CF?

(I’ll probably send you a DM this weekend)

Can I purchase an M2 and then purchase a covert forend? Or how would that work?

In this video, at about the 2min 30sec mark, it sounded like the M2 wouldn’t be compatible with A2 forends. That was around 2 years ago, though.

I also emailed DT customer service to ask a similar question on got this response in March:

“There are currently no plans to create a covert version or covert parts for the M2…I have one of my dealers working on the same scenario you spoke about (wanting a covert M2), he is testing it out on one of his own rifles, so I will let you know what he is able to figure out.”

Excited to hear that things might be different than I’ve heard!

Do you sell steel Proof DT barrels, or just CF?

(I’ll probably send you a DM this weekend)
    Give us a call and we can get you what you will need. If you purchased an M2, you would need an A2 top rail and an A2 covert hand guard. We are working an an M2 style covert full length top rail.

Right now we sell Proof CF barrels and various other steel barrels.

We have a few in stock. Along with all chassis options and a number of other Proof Carbon Barrels.

We just received a bunch of carbon Barrels. We have 18" Carbon Barrels in 338 LM, 300 PRC, .308, 6.5 PRC, and 6.5 Creedmoor. All chassis colors are available as well.

What does this rig weigh as pictured?
    Just put it on the scale. 9 lb 11 oz as pictured. You can save 8 ounces by removing the monopod and another 5 ounces by removing the stock 2 butt spacers. If we spun up another barrel with a fluted barrel shank, you'd save about an additional 8 ounces.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    We have every color SRS and Covert chassis in stock and a wide variety of Proof Carbon barrels in stock as well. Contact us and we can put a package together for you.

@PRDRIVER how much does that proof 7mm rem mag barrel you have in stock weigh and do you have a bolt/head to go with it in stock?

@PRDRIVER how much does that proof 7mm rem mag barrel you have in stock weigh and do you have a bolt/head to go with it in stock?
    We don't have one chambered in 7 Rem Mag on the shelf. I do have a blank if you'd like one spun up. The 7 PRC Proof carbon barrel we have on the shelf comes in at 3 lbs 15 oz for a 26" barrel.

Reactions: secondofangle2