• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech SRS M2 or Accuracy International AT

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
Have been wanting to buy one of these rifles for the longest time. Finally in a position where i can swing the cost and not flinch. Mainly will be used for banging steel at long range, shootin coyotes, and deer. Which one of these two would you guys go with and why? Sticking with 6.5cm for since thats mainly what i shoot and set up to reload for it. Thinking about the DT since i plan on getting into the 7 PRC in the future as well. You guys that have experience with both, which do you prefer and why? Cost is pretty close between these two rifles. 5-6k
E4C36F80-5796-4916-BF52-FE49A0E68CB5.jpeg
EA4D38E8-B612-446F-B7BF-9BD5EA6E3C75.jpeg

I have both and love both. Get the SRS and you can get different barrels and you won’t be sad. I have it in 308 and 223. Both shoot sub min. Then when you can get the AI

Get the AT-X

Desert tech is super accurate better barrel change system.

Desert tech wins for vehicle use and carry / off hands easier

AI more enjoyable to shoot especially on multiple shots , also higher quality

6DBA993C-6895-4ECB-B768-FEF1B7AB1422.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know anything about desert tech but 7mm PRC is a long action cartridge so won't be shooting that out of the AT. You probably know that though.

Personally, I'd get the AXSR. :)

When I bought my AT I also considered DT. Had several people (who owned both) sway me to the AT. Build quality and issues with mags being a couple things I recall.

But DT does I believe give the option of running 223-338 in same gun.

I’ve got a very long length of pull and after handling a few bullpups and owning my X95, as cool as they are, a full size gun just feels better. And when it comes to follow up shots I know without a doubt my AI would knock the socks off a DT in MY hands

Have owned both… and only the DT A2 Covert now.. sold my AX and A1.

If you can somehow I would try and get behind both before buying. As others have said both have their pros and cons.

The DT is nice being able to go from 223-338 with odd calibers in between like 510 whisper, 450 bushmaster, etc etc. AXSR can run long and short action but haven’t seen any “odd” conversions like you do with the DT.

Fit and finish is non comparable. The ai is way better feeling, it’s rock solid, vs the plastic skins of the DT… trigger options on the AI and a better feeling one (imo) vs being stuck with the DT. DT mags are great for reloading with overall length but aren’t as smooth as AI’s… that goes for the action as well.

I prefer DT’s barrel change system vs AI’s but their barrels are more expensive needing an extension and specific profile.

I will eventually get another AI down the road but the versatility of the DT is why I kept it. You can run short and compact (small as a 10.5” SBR) or run a long barrel for banging steel. Both are heavy to hunt with but I enjoy hunting with my covert from time to time.

438FF5E3-A572-4599-8438-3459A59273D5.jpeg

Last edited: