• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Designed my own chassis for my Savage MKII

defcon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
California
First time using Google Skeptchup 8 to design my first chassis for my Savage MKII F.

It's not done yet. I was just messing around to practice some of the shaping tools and how to manipulate things.
I found a local guy that has CNC machine and will charge me $50/hour to cut it out of 6061 aluminum blocks.

I plan to design and CNC more custom chassis for the Savage MKII for personal use. Aiming for 10 different stocks with futuristic angular shapes.

Sorry I have no plans of manufacturing or selling these.

It's going to have an adjustable cheek weld and length of pull.

Right now the chassis is over 3 feet long

What do you guys think?

Savage3 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Savage4 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Savage2 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Savage6 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Savage5 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Savage7 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Last edited:
Now that you've got that one done its time to start on one for a 10/22. :cool:

this is just the 1st conceptual interation. ill have a dozen more iterations with this stock and ill try to have one iteration with a simpler design.
ill post the final design when i get to it before i take it to my CNC guy for programming and production cutting

i was thinking i can create different base templates just for the action for my Savage MKII, 10/22, Marlin 60/795. then i can truly interchange any stock to fit any of my .22's and bolt it on. its just like playing legos.

i'll work on 3 designs for the 10/22

For the love of all that is holy.
Would you PLEASE put a target barrel and scope on just ONE of your conversions?

Creativity=9.7 Sniperyness;)=1

Just bustin yer balls bud, carry on