• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Destroyed....Pics are UP!

2bfarming

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
Oregon
Well, after about 4500 bone into a rifle I finally said fuck it. Got the second bbl on and my FIRST round blew the fucking gun up. So after I got done useing it to wreck a cinder block there is not much left. Fuck this shit. You guys would be sick if you saw what I did to that rifle but man do I feel better.
mad.gif

Re: Destroyed

post some pics, and im quite sure that whoever the smith is should be held responsible if you were shooting factory rounds. i would be asking for compensation from the smith and a new rifle

WTF? Did I miss something?

What happened to the first barrel, what the hell happened to the second one....and why did you choose to beat it over a rock?

Was there a gunsmith involved or are you him?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheddar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read this 3 times and still don't quite understand... </div></div>

Same here

lmao..... More of that redneck smith stuff!

4500 is a lot of dough to sink into a rifle. Usually most of it could be salvaged. Stock, Base, Rings, Optics, Bottom Metal, Bolt, etc, etc.

But seeing someone smash a cinder block could have at least had before and after pics or a youtube vid?

WE WANT DETAILS AND PICS,
Mark

Yea I was/am so fucking pissed right now. Was it the smiths fault? probably not. Yes, it was stupid to beat the shit out of it. I agree. I have not been that mad since forever. I will try to post pics but it may take some time.

What happen to this thing was I chambered a full length sized round. It went in pretty stiff so I tried to take it back out. No go. The rim tore off. Fuck!! I try to tap it out with a dewey. No go. Now I'm mad. With the bolt open on my bench in my shop I let my anger get the best of me and I wack the fucking rod with a 3lb hammer BOOOOOM!!! Bitch goes off blowing the case and all out the back end. I'm standing there red faced wondering if I might have a hole in me somewhere. Its then that I remove the scope and proceed with the mayhem. Dumb? Absolutely. Its been two years since I started this bitch. Its almost funny to me now. Stay tuned. P.S. that mcmillan stock came all to peices when I bounced it off the shop floor once. I figured it would take a bit more.

im gonna be honest i dont believe this for a second. If it is true you are either extremely lucky or someone was watching over your dumbass. Hammering a live round out from the barrel end with you standing on that end.

scientifically there would be nothing that would have ignited the powder. He would have had to pushed through the bullet, through the powder, and some how managed to set off the primer. This just does not make sense and doesnt even sound believeable.

And personally i dont know anyone who would find it somewhat humorus that their 4000+ dollar rifle just blew up

Could he have hit the round with the 3# hammer sending the round back into the bolt and receiver and touched off the primer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could he have hit the round with the 3# hammer sending the round back into the bolt and receiver and touched off the primer.</div></div>

What struck the primer? No exposed FP on an open bolt.

Maybe he shoved the boolet in till compression ignited the powder like a diesel engine... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*awaiting pics* </div></div>

im with Vu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could he have hit the round with the 3# hammer sending the round back into the bolt and receiver and touched off the primer. </div></div>

Let's say for a minute that the round did go off...why would the gun be destroyed? Takes a lot to blow up an action and/or barrel.

Did someone try to shove a 30cal bullet down a 7mm hole? Did you switch barrels and use the wrong caliber bullet?

Could it be possible that when he smacked the bullet and compressed the charge so much that the powder in the case and flash hole smashed the anvil into the cup?

Vu....go get a cleaning rod....I have an experiment I need you to try.

Grab your ear pro, eye pro and a video camera while you're at it!

Is it not possible to drive the bullet into the case with enough force to compress the powder into combustion?

Even if it could, I am missing the destruction component unless we're talking about a .30-378 case loaded with Tightgroup or Unique!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vu....go get a cleaning rod....I have an experiment I need you to try.

Grab your ear pro, eye pro and a video camera while you're at it! </div></div>

jason i had a buddy that chambered a 7.62x54R in a 7.62x51 and as you can guess it got stuck. He took a military shit cleaning rod which is steel and hammered it out with a regular old hammer, not once did the rifle even think of going off. the only thing that happened was the projectile had a nice circular impression on it where the rod had cut into the bullet. This shit isnt possible. Without pics i am calling bullshit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BVEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the number to Myth Busters? </div></div>

Damn it!!! I was just going to post that !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd still like Vu to try it....just for my own satisfaction.
smile.gif
</div></div>

i can only imagine why, try it Vu its completely safe

If this is true and it happens again, disassemble the rifle and toss it in a freezer before you start tappin, might want to buy some armor and a EOD helm as well.

Have to toss in a.... Ha! For the wild story, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deadly,

Aren't 7.62x54s usually crimped like a mofo by 280lb Russian Babuskas? That could explain the lack of kaboom. </div></div>

that i have no idea about, never messed with them only been shot at by them. But this round didnt looked to crimped at all

I go with what 7mmRM I would say the powder compressed the anvil on the primer fast enough to set off the primer. I do not believe the powder self ignited with compression like BP will do. Sounds like pretty much 99% of the damage was inflicted 30 to 40 seconds after detonation due to a "loose bolt behind the hammer"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could he have hit the round with the 3# hammer sending the round back into the bolt and receiver and touched off the primer. </div></div>

Let's say for a minute that the round did go off...why would the gun be destroyed? Takes a lot to blow up an action and/or barrel.

Did someone try to shove a 30cal bullet down a 7mm hole? Did you switch barrels and use the wrong caliber bullet? </div></div>

30 cal with a 7mm, now that would be funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vu....go get a cleaning rod....I have an experiment I need you to try.

Grab your ear pro, eye pro and a video camera while you're at it! </div></div>

jason i had a buddy that chambered a 7.62x54R in a 7.62x51 and as you can guess it got stuck. He took a military shit cleaning rod which is steel and hammered it out with a regular old hammer, not once did the rifle even think of going off. the only thing that happened was the projectile had a nice circular impression on it where the rod had cut into the bullet. This shit isnt possible. Without pics i am calling bullshit </div></div>

Did that cause the bullet to drive all the way back in the case?

Not only is it a bullshit story, it's not even a good bullshit story....and I like a good story, especially if there are pictures involved.

As they say:

Ichers-1-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd still like Vu to try it....just for my own satisfaction.
smile.gif
</div></div>

i can only imagine why, try it Vu its completely safe </div></div>

We had a guy at our local range stick a 8mm bullet into a 7mm barrel....boom. It was one of those old military rifles and he got wood pieces from the stock stuck in his chest. Bird was called in and evac'ed him.

He was released later on that night. Maybe when this guy switched barrels he went from 260 to 243...then loaded a 6.5mm pill into a 6mm hole. I dunno. Either way I wanna see pics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a buddy that chambered a 7.62x54R in a 7.62x51 and as you can guess it got stuck.</div></div>

[rolling eyes] Marines.

and as everyone's already said: Pics or it didn't happen.