• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Detailed wgt break down chart of Dpms Lrt 308sass

SHO~BIZ308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2011
USA
Can you guys help me out with a detailed break down list of the components weights of the DPMS LRT SASS starting at flashhider, barrel,gas block, free float hand rail ,striped upper,bolt & carrier, magpul PRS buttstock,LOWER ect. Tring to determine what can I change to make her a lil lighter, and not so heavy.
Thanks Guys.

Re: Detailed wgt break down chart of Dpms Lrt 308sass

give me a sec, let me go take mine completely apart.

did you really think I was going to take my gun apart? I usually say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but this is a stupid request! If you want a lighter rifle, a SASS is not for you. If you change components, it's not a sass anymore. Just a LR308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you really think I was going to take my gun apart? I usually say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but this is a stupid request! If you want a lighter rifle, a SASS is not for you. If you change components, it's not a sass anymore. Just a LR308</div></div>

Thanks for the advice "lazy "

I can tell you that my stripped DPMS SASS 308 barrel weighs in at nearly 4 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

the SASS is a pig and always will be.

308 semiautomatic rifles tend to be heavy. M1A weigh +/- 11 lbs. FN FAL's tip in at +/- 10 lbs.

your rifle weighs 11.5 lbs w/o optics. the DPMS LR-308 weighs in at 9.5 lbs w/o optics.

the stock on your rifle weighs about a pound more than a standard A2 stock. if you can live without all of the adjustments, you could shave a pound there.

other than that you're kind of stuck with what you have unless you take everything off the rifle (then you have an LR-308).

Wow. Do you have a SASS handguard, and if so do you have the weight of that. Thank you for your help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHO~BIZ308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. Do you have a SASS handguard, and if so do you have the weight of that. Thank you for your help.</div></div>

The DPMS 4-rail tube weighs 23 oz

FWIW, the PRI carbon fiber tube only weighs 4 oz less