• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Devcon Bedding VS Mini Chassis

408s10

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2014
My barreled action from SAC should be finished shortly. Over the past three months I have been trying to decide what stock to go with. I have narrowed the stock down to a Manner's T4A folder. Only decision now is to get a mini chassis from Manner's and wait 4 months or get a stock from SAC and have them do their Signature Rifle Bedding. here is the link to the rifle bedding. (Signature Rifle Bedding | Short Action Customs). From what I have read both are very nice options for the stocks. I guess my question is will I notice any difference between the two in accuracy? Also, this stock will always be on this rifle. I will never be switching it to another action. Thanks guys !!

Last edited:
I would discuss this with Mark at SAC. He built a Surgeon LA 284 Win for me with the T4A mini chassis and bedded the tang area.

He also built an Alpha II 6.5 CM in a T6A with the APA DBM. Both shoot equally in my opinion.

I do like the feel of the T6A better but that is my personal preference.

My 260 shoots lights out with just a mini chassis. My SAC 243 that Mark built shoot the same w/ a Sentinel IMB which us very similar to a mini chassis. No bedding on either...