• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up DFW Area Shooters

BigBoss0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2009
Allen, TX
Hello hide members. Im coming back from the sandbox in early Nov and was wondering where everyone goes to shoot in the area and if they wanted to meet up for a range day or 2. Looking forward to the responses and happy shooting.

Re: DFW Area Shooters

I was also wondering if anyone in the area knows how to do a little light gunsmithing and stock inletting. I want to install a Badger bolt knob onto my 700 LTR and I was also wanting to change out the bottom metal on my McM A-5 stock.

Roger PM sent. Will definitely call when I'm in town. Guys I'll even buy the beers afterwards, just let me know who wants to lay some hate downrange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Yea, Boltripper is GTG! </div></div>
I wouldn't go that far, Buzz!!!

Look us up when you get here, and we can go shoot. We know a few places.

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I'll even buy the beers afterwards,...</div></div>

With you coming back home from the sandbox, I think you buying beers will be illegal and could get you thrown in the hoochie

I'm in Richardson, new here and would like to know the places also. I can recommend a great FFL dealer too, only 10 bucks for transfers!

Gentlemen, got extended a little bit, but am back now. I will be giving a few of ya'll a call here in the next couple of days. Hopefully we can work out a time to go shoot. Also, is anyone planning on going to the Market Hall Gun Show for a little early Christmas shopping as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Yea, Boltripper is GTG!</div></div>

Boltripper, tried giving you a call, wouldn't let me leave a message. My number comes through as restricted but I will try you again.

I have been shooting at tacpro for a while now, but rarely see anyone else out there shooting. that place is starting to look like a ghost town. Where are you guys shooting these days? I usually shoot about once a month at a nice ranch in Brownwood, but I am looking for a place to shoot closer to town.

Hey guys Im new here and Id like to meet up with some of yall and shoot sometime. I live about an hour north of the DFW area, but I dont mind driving down for a day or more. My number is 580-916-8930 give me a call sometime when you have room for a newb.

Hi,
Saw the topic title, so I decided I'd post...I am new to the forum, but I have been browsing for knowledge for quite some time now. I would really be interested to meet/chat with other DFW shooters here.

I just finished my rifle project, which started with an XCR Compact Tactical chambered in .308. I mostly shoot at a range near my house in N. Fort Worth called 'Quail Creek Range' which is near the TMS Raceway. I am interested in finding someplace with a more than 100m for rifle...so please let me know if anyone here knows of a longer rifle range that would be within driving range. Thanks!

Gentlemen, posting again as I could use a little help. I am looking for a Class 3 Dealer that knows how to set up a trust and would be willing to hold on to a suppressor until I got back in late March. If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks again and happy shooting.

I just posted in another post about DFW shooters. I'm interested in meeting up and live in Plano. I have coyote hunting and place to shoot out to 1500 yds if you want to drive 3 hrs. It would be nice to make a weekend out of it. Camp house there to stay in. I can get the BBQ started with a phone call. Be waiting when we get there. My family is in Crockett Tx and we have plenty of hunting room. Just need to make a plan. Let me know if anyone or how many are interested.

Boltripper I will try and give you a call as soon as I can.
stacyp I live in Plano as well and don't mind driving for a day of shooting. Unfortunately I don't get back until late March as I am OCONUS. However if the offer remains open until then I would be more than happy to get together. I also have a good buddy who lives in Anna with quite a bit of land as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just posted in another post about DFW shooters. I'm interested in meeting up and live in Plano. I have coyote hunting and place to shoot out to 1500 yds if you want to drive 3 hrs. It would be nice to make a weekend out of it. Camp house there to stay in. I can get the BBQ started with a phone call. Be waiting when we get there. My family is in Crockett Tx and we have plenty of hunting room. Just need to make a plan. Let me know if anyone or how many are interested. </div></div>

Sent you a PM

I am new to the game. I live Plano and am looking to a place to shoot. Is there a local range that has a regular match? I am waiting on my build to finish but I have a rifle i can start with to get trigger time. I dont need to get myself into anything too fancy of too far away. 100-300 yrds would be fun with the equipment i have now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">adrenaline proving grounds goes to 300. its north of dallas. </div></div>
Just make sure you call them before you go out there to make sure they are going to be open.

From what I understand: APG has sold. I shoot with a pistol club that shoots at APG and we have suspended all matches there. Rumor has it that we will may be able to start back in the future, just not sure when?????

I live in Carthage. I live right next to a range that goes out to 600, but you need to code for the lock to get in the target shed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in Carthage. I live right next to a range that goes out to 600, but you need to code for the lock to get in the target shed. </div></div>

The Panola county gunclub is an excellent range and has an active hipower rifle program. Across the course 2/3/600 yds on first sat of the month and a midrange prone 600yd match on first sundays of the month. I believe there will be F class targets for the prone matches. Several members of the TSRA service rifle team who won at Camp Perry last year call this their home range.

I kinda jumped in on shooting there for a little bit before I went off to the Corps. Dave Wilson shoots there and is a nice guy and taught me alot of tips. Great guy.

I learned today that the City of Greenville has purchased the Adrenaline Prooving Grounds. Sounds like they are going to make it a public range. They need to go through the legal channels to get it open. We'll See.

Local article about the purchase. Doesn't say anything about "open to the public". Not good.

sold to the city of greenville

Not a rumor anymore...

. Ordinance authorizing the purchase and general fund expenditure for a gun range and 25acres on County Road 2164, Greenville Texas (Cliff Copeland, Finance Director) The property is needed since the Police Department's Gun Training Range is no longeravailable due to the construction of the new Waste Water Treatment Plant. This is anexisting gun range and can be used "as Is". In the future, the Fire Department can alsouse the facility for training. Councilmember Roszhart moved, Councllmember Tennlsonseconded for purchasing the gun range. Motion carried by unanimous consent. Ordinance 10-010: AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OFGREENVILLE, TEXAS, AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO PURCHASE ON BEHALF OFTHE CITY, CERTAIN REAL PROPERTY, NAMELY A TRACT OR PARCEL OF LANDSITUATED AT COUNTY ROAD 2164, GREENVILLE, HUNT COUNTY TEXAS; ANDPROVIDING A RATIFICATION CLAUSE AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHM ... peland,+...

I am new to the hide, local in Plano, I am always looking for someone to shoot with. I am looking to start shooting 3 gun or anything else I can get started in...just moved back to DFW, looking for some fun places to go, thinking about shooting tacpro in may...shooting local right now for fun.

Help! Just picked up my M1A Scout and I need help installing it in my Sage Chassis. I do not have the proper tools, nor do I want to attempt this myself and ruin an expensive stock and expensive rifle. But I would like to learn how this is done for future reference. If there is anyone in the Dallas/North Dallas area that can help, I would be more than happy to pay you for your work. Thanks and happy shooting. -BigBoss

I should have all the tools... pm me if you want

it isn't the name so much as the quantity....

lol, pm me your number and we can pick a time to meet. I'm covered up this week with projects but I should be able to get to it early next week, man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

lol, pm me your number and we can pick a time to meet. </div></div>

Do't do it! If CKA says he's bringing his KIT it aint no shootin' rig

633773641967388515-BitchAss.jpg

Rolex on Christmas morning when he was in the joint... the segregated section....

topsecret03ij3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rolex on Christmas morning when he was in the joint... the segregated section....

topsecret03ij3.jpg
</div></div>

How popular I was till we broke it.

you must have sneezed when you were supposed to cough

got it done! thanks to all those who offered help. pics up soon. CKA, if you want to go shooting sometime, i'll gladly provide all the beer we can swill.