• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up DFW Pistol ranges?

Jayko

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2007
KY
I'm a transplanted Iowan, attending school near Grand Prairie. I live on campus so my guns are home but this week I am house sitting for my boss and hes allowing me to go shooting with his guns. In Iowa we have a ton of free public ranges but that doesn't seem to be the case here...this actually surprised me.

I did do a quick google search but nothing jumped out at me so I figured I'd come here for some recommendations. Are there any ranges I should go to or avoid? I am willing to travel a decent amount ~2 hours for a decent range/experience.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Jordan

Re: DFW Pistol ranges?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1398805#Post1398805

oh, and avoid bullet trap in plano. terrible cs, and overpriced. i usually go to targetmaster for pistol shooting if i cant get on my buddies land. </div></div>

+100 pass on the bullet trap, they all know more then you can shoot better then you and make sure you know it when you walk in the door.

no kidding. one of them knows more than all the internets combined. anything you think you know, prepare to be bashed by a guy in a canadian tuxedo.and their range facilty just plain sucks. rant off.

Elm Fork shooting range, I635 and Luna Rd.

Look it up, it's not far from you. Tiger Valley does some class's out there on Tuesday Nights.

Thanks for the info, I'll probably end up going to Elm Fork but Bass Pro isn't a bad deal either. Hopefully next year I'll be able shoot regularly and meet up with some of you guys. Some of the long ranges I've seen look absolutely amazing.

Bullet Trap use to be good when the older guys worked there. I guess mgmt changed about 2 yrs ago and CS when right in the shitter. Had a membership for years but not anymore.