• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIA man sold secrets to China

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Ship him to China 1 pound per day until complete?
tenor.gif

Yeah but Mike Flynn talked to someone that based on his pending office he had all the right in the world to speak to.....

I remember when that guy got picked up and wondered what happended to him.

I hope he was the last one on Haspels water board and the rest of these weasels just following the Clintons lead for selling out the country will be rounded up.

Reactions: diverdon
Hi,

The Government has to have something else "on" him other than selling information learned at conferences. I just checked the Federal Register and nothing has been input at this moment in regards to exactly what this case pertains to and how the Government plans to proceed.

I attend roughly 8-9 Military, Defense and Military Technology exhibitions and conferences a year; while speaking at roughly 2-3 of them. There is nothing that a USA business and/or citizen is going to put out at those conferences that has not been approved by the DDTC for public dissemination. So whatever information he sold that was received from a USA Technology conference had already been approved for public transfer or the company presenting the information at the conference violated Federal Statute in regards to not getting Subject Matter Transfer approval from DDTC beforehand.

I am interested to see what Government puts in the Federal Register about this case because until it is listed in there...everything is up in the air really.

Passing/Selling information received from any Military, Defense and Military Technology exhibition and conference is one of the biggest headaches the DDTC "attempts" to enforce but openly admits that it happens with and without their knowledge.
For example:
1. How many International citizens attend Shot Show, yet the DDTC does NOT enforce that all night vision and thermal displays be tested to ensure they meet export regulations even though Federal Statute says it is illegal to even allow a non USA citizen to look though Gen III NV systems.
2. USA Tier 1 Teams participate in International competitions such as the International Warrior Competition at KASOTC; in which Teams from Russia, China, Palestine, Libya, Lebanon etc etc compete alongside them and see their equipment and exactly how they operate for various scenarios.
3. "Subject Matter" is supposed to be treated just as if it was a piece of hardware that you could put your hands on but that is hard to control.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

The Government has to have something else "on" him other than selling information learned at conferences. I just checked the Federal Register and nothing has been input at this moment in regards to exactly what this case pertains to and how the Government plans to proceed.

I attend roughly 8-9 Military, Defense and Military Technology exhibitions and conferences a year; while speaking at roughly 2-3 of them. There is nothing that a USA business and/or citizen is going to put out at those conferences that have not been approved by the DDTC for public dissemination. So whatever information he sold that was received from a USA Technology conference had already been approved for public transfer or the company presenting the information at the conference violated Federal Statute in regards to not getting Subject Matter Transfer approval from DDTC beforehand.

The article lists the pending charges. Most of them pertain to how he handled the cash.

There are conferences (particularly in the intel world) with classified sessions. If you haven't been read onto the right programs or compartments, they won't let you attend. I don't see anywhere it mentions technology, specifically. Considering that this guy worked for DIA as a case officer and reportedly had a background in HUMINT as well as SIGINT when he was in the Army, there's a range of info he could've had access to.

Hi,

I completely understand the charges listed but in reality until it is listed in the Federal Register it is not "in concrete" per say.

ABSOLUTELY agree that he could have and for sure did have access to a full range of stuff. And yes the charges when listed in the Register will more than likely stem from that and not from conference material :)

I would be willing to bet they are going to "pin" him deeper from the nondisclosure violations than anything from a conference though.

Sincerely,
Theis

Commie bastards everywhere. This guy is just a couple miles south of me. A couple years ago a business just north of me was caught stuffing high end scopes and accessories up teddy bears asses and shipping them to china. WTF is it with people who would sale out their country.

Personally regardless of if the info was "public" if he thought he was selling secrets and China thought they were buying secrets then fuck him.

He was paid $800,000, so he must have given them valuable information that was not available to the general public. $300,000 for one consulting fee. The Chinese probably got their money's worth.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
More info...https://news.clearancejobs.com/2018...tors-carry-bulls-eye-china-espionage-efforts/

Hansen is a retired U.S. Army signals intelligence and human intelligence warrant officer who is fluent in Mandarin-Chinese and Russian.

From 2013-2017 Hansen attended various industrial conferences frequented by defense contractors with the explicit purpose of obtaining information on the presenters (notes and photos), and additional assessment information on persons whom he believed to potentially be in a position with access to classified information of interest to Chinese MSS intelligence officers.

In addition, Hansen violated U.S. export control laws by selling and covertly transferring export controlled technologies to China. The FBI estimates that between 2013-2017 he received no less than $800,000 from the MSS.

Reactions: THEIS