• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Diameters of the Badger M5/ AICS Magchamber

Carsten

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2009
Hi,
i`ve got a Rem700P.308McMillanA5.

I want to build a bottom metall for the AICS mag.
.....need the diameters of the Magchamber? (where the mag fits in- I´m german, my american isn`t very good)
.....need the distance of the rear screwhole to the chamber.
.....need the depth where the mag holder take the maglip
and all other diameters that i can get.

if it works i will post the picts of it...

Re: Diameters of the Badger M5/ AICS Magchamber

With all due respect-- buy a magazine, buy a rifle and do it yourself.

You are asking someone to provide BO's dimensions so you can build a knock-off.

Anybody who has gone through the efforts of spec'ing out a bottom metal sure as hell don't want to give away their work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOBOLD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Diameters of the Badger M5</div></div>

If you're going to design your own bottom metal, don't start by copying some of Badger's specs.

Say it ain so----

GERMANY--white man's CHINA!!!!!

smile.gif

White mans China, I dunno about that but Ive seen at least 2 direct copies of the Badger M5 made in Europe, one from the UK and another from Denmark.

The issue for us Europeans is that getting kit out of the US has become a right royal pain in the ass.
Marty at Badger isn't interested in exporting (which is the same for many small US companies, its expense and work for small orders) which leaves us EU folk stuck for parts. This is leading to a whole cottage industry in gunparts manufacture.

The biggest pain in the ass that I have (next to the borocratic paperwork) is getting reliable, regular supply of parts for rifle builds.

There are 2 ways of going about this, either direct copy, or design your own.

We already designed, produced and marketed an excellent AICS magazine based DBM unit for the Howa 1500 short action,( this unit was born out of me converting Badger M5's to fit Tikka 595's and Howa 1500's and the supply of Badger systems eventualy drying up,) I treid to get Marty to make a Howa unit, I also treid to get Glen Seekins to make a Howa unit, both guys where busy with thier own kit and nothing came of it, so it became nessecary to make our own.

We currently have a LA version in the pipeline, as well as, using AICS / AW mags our own DBM that is Remington compatible, another for the Mauser98 and Tikka T3.
Plus a T3 alloy unit that uses T3 magazines, and a more hunting style mag system for all the above using non AICS type magazines.
All the mag systems have the distinctive roedale design look to them.

and it was exactly the same story with the Howa 1500 and Tikka T3 RCS chassis stocks that look like the AICS,. Now we haven't done a Remington version, and this is only because I didn't want to tread on AI toes.
We had some discussion with Scott Siegmund about AI manufacturing the T3 and Howa chassis for us, but he hasn't replied to emails lately, which leads me to think maybe AI are doing it alone. (any news Scott ?)
Obviously that would piss me off, but what to do about it?

I think the guy asking the question probably works at some kind of machining facility and is interested in making his own, just for his self one off mag system..

I think over the next couple of years we'll see a lot of products duplicated, just take a look at the AI magazines for instance,

regards Pete