• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Diamond K bass

Seth W

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2023
USA
Anyone ever buy that RP test brass in 9mm DK sells? I got some, and it's nice, but about 30% of the cases wouldn't go into the shell holder. The primers were bulged. I let them know, and got a reply, but they don't seem very interested in the problem. Ultimately, I ended up getting the primers out by putting the cases on top of the shell holder, which was somewhat sketchy, but worked.

FWIW, I also bought some of the same brass, but in 40 S&W. That batch had a 9mm, a 10 mm, several 357 SIG, and most concerning, several 357 SIG cases on which the bottleneck somehow got removed, making it very hard to tell from a 40 case.

I've bought brass from them several times but it's always been 223. New and fired but I've not had any issues. Not sure what rp test brass even is.

I have zero problems with DK Brass. GTG as far as Im concerned.
Any time you buy used brass you're gonna have to expect to contend with some kind of problems.

Remmington Peters certified once fired test brass. It's got its own category.

Anyone ever buy that RP test brass in 9mm DK sells? I got some, and it's nice, but about 30% of the cases wouldn't go into the shell holder. The primers were bulged. I let them know, and got a reply, but they don't seem very interested in the problem. Ultimately, I ended up getting the primers out by putting the cases on top of the shell holder, which was somewhat sketchy, but worked.

FWIW, I also bought some of the same brass, but in 40 S&W. That batch had a 9mm, a 10 mm, several 357 SIG, and most concerning, several 357 SIG cases on which the bottleneck somehow got removed, making it very hard to tell from a 40 case.
Improvise and overcome. Good job. I have no idea about test brass other than it may have been subjected to overpressure testing to the point of failure. This would be the brass that survived. That's my opinion anyway.

You're buying used brass. Hand sorting and close inspection is a requirement. DK didn't shoot this, they bought it in bulk, like 55 gal drums on pallets etc. Buyer beware.

ETA: at least the primers aren't crimped, so you don't have to deal with that extra work.

Last edited: