• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dick's continues virtue signalling

Their business, their rules. I've never shopped there personally. This is how you commit business suicide though I believe. Totally ghost one of your largest customer bases.......

ETA: Fuck Dicks......

Reactions: Slash0311
i would assume this is because hunters are not going in there buying hunting related items and they cant move the product.

We'll see how far they get selling soccer balls and tennis rackets.

edit: nearly every other sporting goods outlet over the last 30 years thats only focused on team and kid sports apparel has gone out of business.

Oshmans
Good Sports
Sports Authority
Sears (for many other reasons, but they did USED to sell guns)
etc.

Academy is alive because they still sell guns and ammo. i dont think they could survive if they didnt. Regardless if they sell a ton, it brings people in the stores to buy other things, as well.

Last edited:
I think their plan is to rely on the girly boys to fund the business as the real men are going to places that are backing the American ways.
We're loosing the men of this country to a bunch of whimps trying to get the women's approval to do anything, if women don't like it the new man isn't going to do, attempt, or consider it because it would be upsetting, scaring others with no rooms to hide in.

Reactions: DustBun
This is old news. As it states in the article, this is a continuation of a business decision started last year.

@Charger442 is correct. This business model has been tried and failed many times before.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yep Dick’s sucks. I worked there when I was in college. There have been two locations shut down near me in the past two years. The only thing that may keep them alive is there business purchasing model. From what I remember in the orientation when the store opened, they buy all of their goods outright. So none of their merchandise is purchase on credit line. Golf also keeps them alive. They own Golf Galaxy as well.

i drive by the one locally to me, every day, 10 times a day, as it is next door to lowes and im at lowes that many times a day. I never see more than 5-7 cars in the parking lot at any time, all the while Academy is 300 yards away and is bumpin all the time. Cant wait for Dicks to close up and something cool move into their location.

Yep Dick’s sucks. I worked there when I was in college. There have been two locations shut down near me in the past two years. The only thing that may keep them alive is there business purchasing model. From what I remember in the orientation when the store opened, they buy all of their goods outright. So none of their merchandise is purchase on credit line. Golf also keeps them alive. They own Golf Galaxy as well.
They are betting on Golf?? Who the hell plays golf. Last I heard Golf was down something like 30%. (that may have changed since Tiger came back).
I do know that a couple golf courses around here have closed and the city/county owned ones loose a ton of money every year.

They are betting on Golf?? Who the hell plays golf. Last I heard Golf was down something like 30%. (that may have changed since Tiger came back).
I do know that a couple golf courses around here have closed and the city/county owned ones loose a ton of money every year.

Yeah, it's definitely down, but I guess some people still play. But Golf Galaxy also has a big online presence amongst the golf world. They also have Field and Stream, but I don't see them staying afloat much longer. Dick's was much better when it was Galyan's if you remember that. They actually had a good gun selection with quite a bit of harder to find guns.

A couple of new product to take up the shelf space:
1583938565761.png

1583938628243.png

R

Only been in Dick's once in my life, and that was enough. Their CEO is a straight up virtue signaling opportunist and anti-gun piece of shit. He was very proud of himself for jumping on the corporate anti-gun wagon after one of the mass shootings (Parkland?).

I also refuse to set foot in REI for the same reasons. Even though they don't carry firearms, they came out as anti-gun at the same time Dick Heads did.

Dick's Sporting goods- 440 of their stores will no longer carry guns or hunting equipment.

I wish that Walmart and Dicks would just stop selling guns/ammo all together.
They hate gun owners, so why not give the good guys who believe in the 2A some extra business?

Buy from your local dealers, they are usually more knowledgeable and respectful of your God given rights...

Face it, You don't get REAL men into Sporting Good stores/outlets, with tennis rackets and stretchy pants, you get them in with guns and ammo! They will realize the error of their ways.
Mac:LOL:

lol at the Sport's Authority business model.

We all know how that went.

Focus on overpriced shoes and workout clothes, while conceding hunting gear/guns/equipment to Bass Pro/Cabelas who literally raped you for lunch money.

Who in the literal fuck goes to a physical store for the priveledge of buying Nike and Under Armor shit at full MSRP?

Reactions: Charger442
Here, there's a Dick's with a Field & Stream next door. When you walk in, you realize it's one big store, one set of cash registers. You can walk into the Field & Stream side, buy ammo, pistols, shotguns, and a lot of other gun related items. Grab your stuff, walk to the Dick's cash register and pay for it all there. It's very odd. There is no wall or set of doors that separate the two sides.

Gander Mountain went under with a pretty healthy and over priced hunting, fishing and firearms line. Shitty business practices are just shitty, regardless of what you carry.

Gander mountain couldn't keep the selection on ammo very well stocked and their prices were high, except during some big sales, which were really desperation fueled.

There's only so many ways you can brand and advertise the Remington 700 .243 package gun with a Simmons scope. And really for any gun retailer, the margin on new guns is super low. Cabela's survives really well on their used gun catalog and buying used guns from customers.

Wal-Mart, Dick's, and Gander can blow me. Haven't been to any of them since they went anti 2A.

I wont set foot in stores these days. Fuck people and them wearing pajamas and other inappropriate clothing. Tired of dealing with people who can't be civil either. I just returned from 9 months in Germany, I never once saw a person in public in pajamas........

Anti- gun stores get zilch from me, aside from a raised finger or two.

Dicks also owns Golf Galaxy if anyone into golf. Drove 3 hours to Indy for some gold and was excited to go to a major golf store like GG. Walked in and figured out the Dicks connection. Prices sucked anyway and my local Academy has better prices.

Luckily there is no Field and Stream in my area.

Very sad to be forced to keep up with anti-2A businesses.

Oh well...guess they are aiming more at the Yoga/Workout crowd.
Yup, loads of cash to be made there on yoga mats, leotards, leg warmers, and headbands, even some herbal tea LOL! How much was an MRAD, or AI again?! Peanuts in an anti-capitalist Fibberal's mind. They call them Dimwittocrats for a reason.

I learned something new, they also operate Field and Stream stores, so, I'll never shop there either.
Any of you guys ever been to the Field and Stream store in Columbus, OH? They have the most amazing collection of stuffed wild game I've ever seen, I mean species I never even heard of. All done in a beautiful mountain display like 40 feet tall. All from North America. Its really something to see. We always make a point of going to see it when we visit our friends in Columbus.

dicks sports could close there doors forever for all i care about them . Have not shopped there in 20+ years nothing there I could not find cheaper somewhere else or online . Walmart and cabellas I would feel the same way about them , now if you work there I am sorry if you loose your job but other than that it's no big lose to me I'll just spend my money elsewhere . There decision to stop selling those items could open opportunities for small shops or other companies to start selling those products which also is a good thing . I think a piece of this could provide a nice lifestyle
Americans spend more than $23.7 billion on retail hunting-related purchases. More than $16 billion is spent on hunting gear, accessories and vehicles. Over $11.3 billion goes to hunting trip-related expenses.May 4, 2017

Fishing and Hunting Contribute Billions to U.S. Economy ...

dicks sports could close there doors forever for all i care about them . Have not shopped there in 20+ years nothing there I could not find cheaper somewhere else or online . Walmart and cabellas I would feel the same way about them , now if you work there I am sorry if you loose your job but other than that it's no big lose to me I'll just spend my money elsewhere . There decision to stop selling those items could open opportunities for small shops or other companies to start selling those products which also is a good thing . I think a piece of this could provide a nice lifestyle
Americans spend more than $23.7 billion on retail hunting-related purchases. More than $16 billion is spent on hunting gear, accessories and vehicles. Over $11.3 billion goes to hunting trip-related expenses.May 4, 2017
Fishing and Hunting Contribute Billions to U.S. Economy ...
The most surprising and amazing thing to me as a newcomer to firearms is the incredible innovation in every dimension of the sport, including accessories. So I agree with you that these little guys, little geniuses you might say, should get a fatter wallet out of the deal. And truthfully, some of them are not "little geniuses" but outright geniuses.

Considering the name, they should sell fapping supplies . . . seems to be more in line with thier attitude . . . "Dicks world of Dicks" (well, that sounds more like the "Costco of dildos", but hey, that works too!)

Last edited:
I learned something new, they also operate Field and Stream stores, so, I'll never shop there either.

They operated a F&S in Camp Hill, Pa. for about three years, successfully... was a good alternative to Cabela's and Bass Pro given proximity and they price matched firearms consistently …. but as soon as the CEO start raving and shut down semi-auto black guns the local firearms folks banned them.... they shut the store down before Christmas and now it is a Sportsman's Warehouse and seems to be doing well... just no explaining liberals and their self righteous attitudes.... it was a thriving business.... good example of shooting the .44 mag right at your foot