• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Dick's takes a beating.

From the article:
"Dick’s executives had previously warned that the company’s hunting business would suffer as a result of a decision to stop selling assault rifles at stores."

Assault rifles - awesome. Is that management speak for something else?

Maybe they should put in a starbucks and a bagel shop.... lol

Or a douche dispenser in the corporate office with a high concentration of cayenne pepper in them. Wouldn't take to many flushings to figure out they are complete dumbasses.

While the rest of the country is enjoying increased earnings and the benefits of what Trump is doing Dicks manages to step on their dicks again.

Went into my local field and stream for the first time since all this happened, they are a subsidary of dicks. No AR's or any other 'assault' rifles on the wall, just hunting stuff. Used to be, there were 3-4 guys working the counter, and they literally had a take a number system. This time, there was no one working the counter and 2 or 3 people were browsing the selection of handguns, which was still really good.

I would say screw Dicks but I refuse to set myself up that way.

Right after their decision to stop selling ARs, I went into the store, picked up about $500 worth of stuff, and took it to the Gun Counter. I laid the stuff down on the counter, and the guy behind the counter asked if he could check me out. I told him that I also wanted to look at an AR. He said sorry, they no longer carried them. I told him if that was the case, then I wasn't buying the other stuff, and I walked out! Probably about time for me to do that again!

I quit buying ar's a while back, just replaced them with msr's instead.
My intent to shoot shit as is necessary has not changed.

Kind of like c-rats, k-rats and mre's same old shit but without the cigarette.

Dicks! Where did the smokes go?

Soon there will be no more Dicks. When I told my wife she said "Thank goodness I can't wait". :)

Reactions: XLR308
Hopefully yeti falls on their face too...

38996710_2074553055910081_3691262170273677312_n.jpg

From the article:
"Dick’s executives had previously warned that the company’s hunting business would suffer as a result of a decision to stop selling assault rifles at stores."

Assault rifles - awesome. Is that management speak for something else?

Actions have consequences.

Dick's decided they wanted to make a bold statement at a time when it was politically expedient to do so. I guess they presumed that their heroic stance would lead to a windfall of new business...but that's not reality.

In reality The Dick's stores stopped "evil" guns a long time ago, so there wasn't a need for them to grandstand at all (though their Field and Stream subsidiary still had them).

I used to go for Ammo deals on Black Friday and when they would send coupons, but honestly there are enough online outlets for me to choose from.

They will not be around much longer.
Sports authority (among others) proved the sports equipment with no hunting/firearms does not work.
Even big 5 has a firearm section.
No group of people spends more money on a hobby that does not burn gasoline that I know of.
Hunting/firearms have consumables.
You buy a basketball, baseball glove or hockey skates and they last awhile. Golf equipment sales are way way down (cause golf sucks) and parents are not letting their kids play football.
Dick's is doomed. And I am so happy.
I really think we should have a party at Tucker's when chapter 11 is announced.

Last edited:
I hope they go under and take REI while they are at it.
I didn’t care if REI didn’t want to sell firearms, that is their prerogative but when they boycotted any company that is affiliated with a firearm manufacturer they will never see another dime from me.

They will not be around much longer.
Sports authority (among others) proved the sports equipment with no hunting/firearms does not work.
Even big 5 has a firearm section.
No group of people spends more money on a hobby that does not burn gasoline that I know of.
Hunting/firearms have consumables.
You buy a basketball, baseball glove or hockey skates and they last awhile. Golf equipment sales are way way down (cause golf sucks) and parents are not letting their kids play football.
Dick's is doomed. And I am so happy.
I really think we should have a party at Tucker's when chapter 11 is announced.
Just don’t call it the “Burying Dick’s Party.”

Reactions: abizdafuzz