• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Did Cheytac go out of business?

Re: Did Cheytac go out of business?

I heard they had to refinance some debt....who knows how much debt....

The last thing I heard on the issue was that they had gone bankrupt.

If you want a 408 rifle, EDM still makes them. From what I heard they changed to a new distributor for end user sales

EDM arms 408 page

I can't believe they lasted that long with the prices of there guns. Who really bought any of those things ?

Too bad, I really like their look, but that's about it. If I have the cash, I'd go with the EDM rifles, better price and portability.

@ nut job...agreed...10k for weapons system??? no thanks!

rather go McMillian 338 at almost half the cost

While I liked the design they needed to drop the price a few K to make it an option. If the Canadian dollar was back to being weak vs the US Dollar then maybe I could see them keeping the CAD price high, but until 70 cents USD gets you $1 CAD the price is way high.

I think the fact that they had one featured in the movie Sniper could also lead them to think that they could put a hollywood price tag on it.

While I hate to see less options on the market, maybe this will lead others to not make the same pricing mistake.

Sucks for them. Custom has always been more cost effective and yields a better rifle IMHO.