• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Did I get a bum torque wrench?

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey guys,
    Just picked up a Nightforce tool kit and noticed a possible issue. The barrel (with the torque marksing) on the 2-10 in/lb wrench spins free and has some up and down movement on the driver (limiter?) shaft. I have noticed that there are 2 grub screws that might lock the barrel in place so I'm not sure if I should lock these down or send it back and ask for a replacement. Seems like randomly trying to find the minimum spec and locking everything down might cause an incorrect reading. Would you sent it back? Not complaining about Nightforce at all. Just don't want to trash a zero stop or turret screw on my new ATAC-R. Full disclosure... Nightforce says get the wrench -or- run the screws down until they make contact and then go another 1/8 turn. So that is an option as well. What say you? Being overly paranoid I know. :LOL: Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
    id call nightforce and tell them your concerns. they can probably walk you through the steps to find out if its defective or user error

Reactions: nikonNUT
    id call nightforce and tell them your concerns. they can probably walk you through the steps to find out if its defective or user error
    Thank you! I plan on calling them Monday morning.

Just an update... Got a bum unit. Eurooptic made it right!