• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did I get burned??

rezmedic54

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
AZ
www.maricopashooting.com
Picked up a Remington 280 mountain rifle with a Sight-Mark scope 8.5-25x50mm for $300.00. I know the scope leave much to be desired but with a new rail on the gun I can use my Bushnell Tac. with a Horus-59 reticle in a La Rue mount. Don't know much about the 280 other then is the same as a 7mm express. The owner named his price need to get a plane ticket home. Well let me know what you think. If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. Thanks, Kurt

Last edited:
Yeah it's a long action but still worth at least $300. If I am not mistaken the difference between 7mmExp and 280 is the rate of twist. Of course being a lwt barrel it's gonna kick a tad.

You're stewed, buttwad!!

Just kidding... if I were able to pick up a functional center fire rifle with functional optics for $300, I would consider that a win.

Yeah it's a long action but still worth at least $300. If I am not mistaken the difference between 7mmExp and 280 is the rate of twist. Of course being a lwt barrel it's gonna kick a tad.

I believe there is no difference in twist for the 7mmExpress and .280Rem. The name was changed from 7mmExpress to .280Win, since too many people were confusing 7mmExpress with the 7mmRemMag.

What I think you're referring to with the twist rate change is the .244Rem and 6mmRem. The original .244Rem had a 10-twist and didn't sell well against the 9-twist .243Win, Remington renamed it the 6mmRem and gave it a faster twist, but by then the damage was done.

$300 for any .280Rem Mountain Rifle in shootable condition is a very good deal.

I have paid a lot more to get a donor action.

280 is a great caliber - one of the best out there for the LA (IMO). That rifle should make a very nice hunting rifle provided you change the scope. Enjoy.

There is no way you can be a competent gun smith and or CCW instructor and not have knowledge of the value of a Remington 700. I will assume that you want to get a rise out of people and great job you did.