• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Did Leupodl make it???

summitsitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2008
Crowville, Louisiana
I purchased a like new used Leupold Vari-X III 8.5-25x50 with SF and 30mm tube. I can't find anything on these scopes. Every search brings up a VX III. I called leupold and think all I did was confuse them. Does anybody have on of these or seen on. According to the Ser. # it was made it 01. I didn't think side focus was invented by then. Somebody help me. The searching is driving me crazy. It's Identical to my VX III in 6.5-20x50. Everything but the gold ring says Vari-X

Re: Did Leupodl make it???

Jason you the man. Fine duplex reticle. Sorry I said purchase I meant I Have $100 left on layway till I get it. Had some cash on hand but not enough. Didn't want it leaving before I got back around to get it so jsut put the remainder on lay-a-way. So can't post any pics today.

yea they for a while did the stuff 7 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag and made a 25x variant on the same external dimension scope as the 6.5-20 with the adj front obj. I had one in 6.5-20 and an 8.5-25, both 40mms. The -20 was a good scope. The -25 had very picky and variable eye relief.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoot...g-range-target/

Edit: Sorry, I found now that VX and Vari-X is not the same. My fault
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ares</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoot...g-range-target/

Edit: Sorry, I found now that VX and Vari-X is not the same. My fault
blush.gif
</div></div>

Yes, and to further complicate things, a VX-3 and a VX-III are not the same things
wink.gif
Marketing gone wild - why I sold my Lupys and won't buy any more.