• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

did you work out today?

Re: did you work out today?

Nope - rest day. I Crossfit on Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri with a bonus Saturday workout most weeks. More than that is over-training for my old ass.

Aren't you around P'cola or somewhere close to the Gulf? Great work-out weather we have been having.

Not yet! Working my shift! Home eating lunch as I read this. Either starting phase 2 of P90x or Lifting tonight. Depends on how the wife feels. She's been sick, so I am waiting for her to feel better to workout together!

not yet got a chest workout for today tho. just gotta find the pink weights...

My off day as well...sunday too. weight training with 30 minutes of cardio after.

I haven't yet but once classes are done I have a 3 mile hill run to do with weight lifting afterwards.

Im doing arm curls ( can of coke and crackers)... while reading about you all doing workouts... Does that count???

I will later tonight.. I have a run to do and some mild weights.

Matt. (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Hit it mildly this A.M. Did some curls and mil presses.

Polish it off tonight with some low weight/high reps- I love the feel of the burn.

Still sore from Monday's routine, but this sub-forum didn't exist then...

I did:

OHP 130 3x5

with 4 warmup sets at incrementally lower weights. Just about gassed out on that.

I did 3 sets of chinups to failure.

Also did iso lateral rows on Hstrength machine 185lbs 3x8, and I did 3x8 60lbs goodmornings.

I should've started the whole thing out with a 3x5 set of squats, but unfortunately I injured my knee in a bout of drunk buffoonery a few weeks ago so I'm sitting on my hands with the leg workouts until I can get back on it.

Tomorrow is Deadlift day
laugh.gif

Should we include a daily log as a part of this forum? Maybe have the first person of the day create a new thread with the date as the topic, then everybody posts what they did that day. It might help with acountability.

Ran and did shoulders and lats this am, tried to work soreness out of hams from squats yesterday. Been off 2 weeks and when u get my age 2 weeks off is like starting over again.

P90X. Today is Chest and Back + Ab ripper. Ill throw in Cardio X or 30 min on the elliptical for a litte additional burn.

45 Min Total

5 Min Elliptical Warmup
4 Sets Flat Dumbell Press
4 Sets Flat Dumbell Fly
4 Sets Seated Dips
4 Sets Cable Rope Triceps Extention
4 Sets Situps

Drinking creatine now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i havent had a off day in over a month....i havent needed one..

bench </div></div>

I call bullsh@t again! Rest is part of the process for building muscle and improving conditioning. Even if you are doing steroids, which I in no way respect or condone, you still need to rest to let your body recuperate.

Seriously, I'm not tryin to bash ya, but maybe it's time to give the teenage locker room bit a break!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i havent had a off day in over a month....i havent needed one..

bench </div></div>

I call bullsh@t again! Rest is part of the process for building muscle and improving conditioning. Even if you are doing steroids, which I in no way respect or condone, you still need to rest to let your body recuperate.

Seriously, I'm not tryin to bash ya, but maybe it's time to give the teenage locker room bit a break! </div></div>
then dont believe me bro...its that simple....i really dont care what you think of me, or anything else....hope this helps..just because you dont do it, or understand it isnt my problem...everyones bodies work different..if they didnt we wouldnt have food allergies..

bench

LOL I don't know what most of you guys are talking about. But I stacked firewood, cut up and wrapped some antelope, and worked a bit on my offhand.

You guys are making me feel lazy. I need a nap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i havent had a off day in over a month....i havent needed one..

bench </div></div>

Seriously, I'm not tryin to bash ya, but maybe it's time to give the teenage locker room bit a break! </div></div>

I've been trying to take one week off every 12 on. Injuries due to extra curricular activities keep f'ing me over :|

I did, i have to... damn Army makes me! But then i do it again in the afternoon for the stuff we didnt do in the morning. It sucks, but when Uncle Sam lets you do it and get paid i guess you cant complain to much.

ran 3 miles to work, at 0400. worked a 12 hour shift and my old fat man feet ache now.

Ran 3 miles this morning. When my wife gets home off to the Y for an hour of weights.

I did not work out today after a severe knee sprain yesterday. It's tough enough to get to the freezer for more ice. Of course, it does make it harder to get to the fridge and snack.

When yall run 3 miles what is your goal? Are you attempting to run faster than you have before, to maintain cardio you have already established, doing it with sprint / jog intervals to build better cardio, or?

-Chris

I don't know, or care to know, the history of your fued with each other, but as a former competitive natural bodybuilder BM's statement does not seem outlandish to me at all.

For the majority of my training years I have done a 5-day split: legs, back, chest, arms, shoulders. One major muscle group per day, in that order. I literally, and have the w/o logs with which to refer, would go as long as six months without a "break". This was at 26-31 years of age.

All the experts said I was overtraining, but the trophies kept piling up. Maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule, or maybe I would have had even better results had I rested more...maybe!

bench </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know, or care to know, the history of your fued with each other, but as a former competitive natural bodybuilder BM's statement does not seem outlandish to me at all. </div></div>

No feud, Bench is all right in my book. I just think there is a variance between bodybuilding routines and functional training/conditioning that is applied to real world situations. The methodology between the two is vastly different. For most normal fitness enthusiasts, rest is essential for progress.

In my experience, guys that are all bulked up, yet extremely lean, tend to lack functional fitness and end up gassing out way too soon, even the juicers. Yes, they can workout more because they neglect balancing their workouts with equally intense cardio. I see big guys spend hours at the gym doing curls, straight benches, and other beach-muscle movements without even breaking a sweat. Not too many that could last doing hours of cardio. Ever see a really bulked up guy run an obstacle course? Not a pretty sight.

This is a tactical marksman forum, not bodybuilding, so inevitably, exercise theories will clash. Abnormal muscle proportions look impressive, but come at a cost which can be detrimental in the field. Oversized muscle requires more energy to move and more food for fuel. When you have to carry that extra fuel on your back, it becomes a hindrance.

Doing our bi-annual PT test today. 1.5 miles for time, max. push-ups and sit-ups in one minute, flexibility test.

I can't speak to your personal experience with big sweaty men gassing out too soon
laugh.gif
j/k, but it sounds like the traditional stereotypes that get propagated about bodyduilders.

As for me, I'm 5'8" and competed at 170-175 pounds--think UFC welterweight size but just a bit leaner and with less subcutaneous water on contest day. Most of them seem to be well-conditioned aerobically. ymmv

Busted my ass in the gym today... tomorrow is a down day.

I always thought SWCC guys were fags, but i will give it to them they are in great physical condition. They workout in the same gym, carry around little folders and shit. Maybe a navy guy can chime in but are alot of SWCC guys seal drops? Or guys looking to go towards the seals? I just dont know why you would bust your ass that hard otherwise on PT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know, or care to know, the history of your fued with each other, but as a former competitive natural bodybuilder BM's statement does not seem outlandish to me at all. </div></div>

No feud, Bench is all right in my book. I just think there is a variance between bodybuilding routines and functional training/conditioning that is applied to real world situations. The methodology between the two is vastly different. For most normal fitness enthusiasts, rest is essential for progress.

In my experience, guys that are all bulked up, yet extremely lean, tend to lack functional fitness and end up gassing out way too soon, even the juicers. Yes, they can workout more because they neglect balancing their workouts with equally intense cardio. I see big guys spend hours at the gym doing curls, straight benches, and other beach-muscle movements without even breaking a sweat. Not too many that could last doing hours of cardio. Ever see a really bulked up guy run an obstacle course? Not a pretty sight.

This is a tactical marksman forum, not bodybuilding, so inevitably, exercise theories will clash. Abnormal muscle proportions look impressive, but come at a cost which can be detrimental in the field. Oversized muscle requires more energy to move and more food for fuel. When you have to carry that extra fuel on your back, it becomes a hindrance.

</div></div>

Squats are the key to breaking that chain. There is no way you're going to accomplish a 5x5 set of squats even at 60% PR without sweating
smile.gif

Come 80-100% and it's on.

I tend to agree though. I'm doing cardio in bursts. MOstly cycling, and hope to get back into BJJ sometime soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Abnormal muscle proportions look impressive, but come at a cost which can be detrimental in the field. Oversized muscle requires more energy to move and more food for fuel. When you have to carry that extra fuel on your back, it becomes a hindrance.

</div></div>

Too true. Balance is key.

1. Weights - 8 to 15 reps for strength
2. Calestenics - High reps to burnout
3. Cardio - Sustained and Intervals for endurance and speed
4. Stretching (yoga) - To prevent injuries and increase range of motion

It takes all of this, not just one, to reach maximum potential. Not to mention nutrition and supplements, but that's a whole seperate topic...and a long one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't speak to your personal experience with big sweaty men gassing out too soon
laugh.gif
j/k, <span style="font-weight: bold">but it sounds like the traditional stereotypes that get propagated about bodyduilders.</span>
As for me, I'm 5'8" and competed at 170-175 pounds--think UFC welterweight size but just a bit leaner and with less subcutaneous water on contest day. Most of them seem to be well-conditioned aerobically. ymmv </div></div>
yeah....i still run at least 3-5 miles several times a week.......have no flexibility issues....most bodybuilders, and powerlifters cant do that though due to BB OCD.....i used to fall into that category also until i discovered its mostly bullshit...

ever since i started running often for distance my lifts, strength, intesity.....everything has gotten better...

bench

stairmaster HIIT for 10 mins warmup

Bench
Skullcrusher
bent over row
incline dumbbell
planks 3x failure

should've read

Squats, and Powercleans, but alas the knee will be out for several weeks to come, so I'm on full beach body mode right now
laugh.gif

arms today bro, last day of my 4 day a week regimen!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">arms today bro, last day of my 4 day a week regimen!! </div></div>

hahaha

curls for the girls
laugh.gif

beach-body-small.jpg

I rode 30 miles on my bike and tomorrow is going to be P90X Core Synergistics. Sounds like a great Friday.

will be in the gym at 930
tonite will be arms and cardio I hate cardio
I hate it so bad if the building caught on fire I would be the last one out the people in wheel chairs would be me to the parking lot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will be in the gym at 930
tonite will be arms and cardio I hate cardio
I hate it so bad if the building caught on fire I would be the last one out the people in wheel chairs would be me to the parking lot </div></div>
i hate doing arms....but am alright with cardio
grin.gif

bench

45 Min Total

5 Min Elliptical Warmup
4 Sets Lat Pulldowns
4 Sets Lat Rows
4 Sets Standing Dumbell Bent-Over Lateral Raise
6 Sets Standing Barbell Preacher Curl
3 Sets Cable Woodchoppers

I workout everyday but Sunday! My routines are about 2 hours in length.... a lot of water and Muscle Tech products.
smile.gif

Monday: Chest and traps
Tuesday: Legs and calves
Wednesday: Shoulders and back
Thursday: Bicepts and Tricepts, throw in some more traps
Friday: Deadlifts, power clean, pull ups
Saturday: Abs till I die, lower back, core work.
Sunday: Rest and eat!

Hey KY have you ever tried NaNo vapor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey KY have you ever tried NaNo vapor. </div></div>
i have...i dont use muscletech products....but a buddy had me try some...that stuff is crazy...makes you all tingly, and warm...and you get good workouts with it...

i buy it now..

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I workout everyday but Sunday! My routines are about 2 hours in length.... a lot of water and Muscle Tech products.
smile.gif

Monday: Chest and traps
Tuesday: Legs and calves
Wednesday: Shoulders and back
Thursday: Bicepts and Tricepts, throw in some more traps
Friday: Deadlifts, power clean, pull ups
Saturday: Abs till I die, lower back, core work.
Sunday: Rest and eat! </div></div>
man, thats a long time to work out...do you include cardio in those sessions, or just weights?

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey KY have you ever tried NaNo vapor. </div></div>
i have...i dont use muscletech products....but a buddy had me try some...that stuff is crazy...makes you all tingly, and warm...and you get good workouts with it...

i buy it now..

bench</div></div>

It Definitely works, I use it now also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey KY have you ever tried NaNo vapor. </div></div>

i buy it now..

bench</div></div>

It Definitely works, I use it now also. </div></div>
i also started using 1,3 dimethylamylamine from primaforce with it.....i feel like i am going to explode at the gym...i am focused like crazy, and never get tired while i am working out...

bench

NaNo Vapor is good, but I like BSN NO-Xplode the best. I use one scoop of that, then I add one scoop of Pro Source MyoSurge and Beta Alanine. Whew, that stuff works great. Just don't forget to take a month off every three on, cause the body can get used to it.