• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Didn't expect this from a media rag

Re: Didn't expect this from a media rag

USA Today may be 'light' reading compared to some of the self-professed 'intelligencia' papers like NYT or WP. But they DO write good articles and cover things in an understandable way. And they are generally strong supporters of people in uniform!

This is a great piece about some of the real heroes of the last decade.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it and forwarded it to several friends!

Cheers,

Sirhr

That is a good article I was impressed. I'll have to pic up a hard copy if they have the same article in the magazine. That's a TAB GEAR SAS2 model suppressor cover on the rifle at the top of the article.

Walked down to the hotel lobby this morning to grab a 'McPaper' and was totally shocked at the cover story.

I don't know anything about the operational side of military snipers, but the story seemed to do a good job of breaking it down for public consumption.

...better than the USA Today's typical anti-gun drivel...

American Sniper seems to be on all the bookshelves... I avoided it so far because it seemed... odd I guess. Maybe i'll check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsidetheStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">American Sniper seems to be on all the bookshelves... I avoided it so far because it seemed... odd I guess. Maybe i'll check it out.</div></div>

It's a good read. I liked the fact that someone finally pointed out that there are more lawyers than warfighters on the front lines. Second-guessing our uniformed personnel at every turn. That crap needs to end. But if I went there on SH, I would be crossing a line into politics. ;-)

The book is worth reading and buying.

Cheers,

Sirhr