• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Die Storage

ECH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
East Bay Area, CA
I just got a Hornady Lock-N-Load bushing set for my Rockchucker. Works great but the dies I am not using won't fit back in the storage boxes.

What are you using to store your dies with the LNL bushing attached?

TIA

Re: Die Storage

I am not familiar with your exact dies but I have had dies that don't fit the factory box. My problem was diameter related and not length. I used my Dremel to remove material on the plastic supports in areas where they were too long or wrong shape.

If that won't work, try the clear plastic cases that are sold as inserts for soft sided tackle boxes. some have adjutstable dividers for length and width. Depth varies with type so take the die with you if shopping locally.

Also look at MTM ammo cases of ample size and cutting out cartridge dividers as appropriate.

Cigar boxes make good general storage too. If you have wood working tools you could make something I guess too.

Sorry, no great revelations, I know.

tater

Until I find something I like better, I'm using a show towel wrapped around the factory die box. A big rubber band holds the shop towel in place. If something better comes along that's reasonable, I'll be interested.

How big in dia. is the whole kit and ka-bootle?
I use the clear container's you can get salid in at the super market deli.
Ask nicely and their free.Their also almost airtight.I also throw in some Vapour Corrosion Inhibitor(VCI).

My Redding Comp seater dies won't fit in a normal die box, either.

I wrap 'em up tight in a freezer type ziploc and forget about it.......

20100331img0905.jpg

Larger holes hold LnL dies, smaller holes hold standard threaded. I forget the exact sizes I used offhand, but they were standard SAE fortsner bits.

Not sure what kind of dies you have, but I have all RCBS which I use with Lock and Load bushings in Lock and Load press. Best approach I have found is to turn them upside down (bottom of dies against die box side oppsite caliber label) and slide them up tight against the end of the die case. A little weird, but I have gotten mine to all fit that way without removing busings or having to smash die boxes shut.

Hornady die boxes are sold separately, and they will hold dies with LNL bushings in place.

I like the shelf too.

Andy