• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Difference between FGM210M and Federal 210 primers?

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I am running low on FGM201M primers so I had to switch to regular Federal 210 primers. Is there any noticable difference between the two? Would CCI #200 primers be better, or am I just overthinking primers? I am still in load development so I am not using different primers on an established load. Just curious what the difference is between the match and regular primers.

I am running low on FGM201M primers so I had to switch to regular Federal 210 primers. Is there any noticable difference between the two? Would CCI #200 primers be better, or am I just overthinking primers? I am still in load development so I am not using different primers on an established load. Just curious what the difference is between the match and regular primers.

Coke, or Pepsi?

9mm, or 45acp?

Nuke, don't nuke?

Federal GMM primers, much like CCI BR-2s/4s, go through the production line at a slower pace and have the more experienced primer fillers doing the filling, so the QC should be higher on them vs. the standard primers.

Whether you notice a difference, or not, is all you can really go by. I use them when I can--205Ms, 210Ms and 215Ms.

I sleep better at night.

Chris

Chris, thanks for the reply. Since they are going in match rounds I was just curious if the regular 210 primers were hotter, not as hot, had an adverse effect on accuracy, etc., when compared the the 210M primers.

I used to only use 210Ms until I had some trouble finding them a few years back and I got some 210s. I have tested the two and there was no change in velocity, accuracy or spread. Exact same performance. I don't buy 210Ms anymore.

I used to only use 210Ms until I had some trouble finding them a few years back and I got some 210s. I have tested the two and there was no change in velocity, accuracy or spread. Exact same performance. I don't buy 210Ms anymore.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I have not noticed and adverse results in using standard verse match primers. I have a good amount of each. Mainly 215m's and 215's. From what I understand the match primers are just a little bit better in QC. However I haven't been able to tell.

The match primers come in a purdy red box over the dull blue. Look cooler. I buy match when I find them and got a
Good deal last year on a bunch of them, but have used match and non match in all sizes for rifle and pistol--admit I haven't found a difference.

All this makes me wonder if the M is really worth it. Or if I'm fine with non-match since they are easier to find. When things settle down I'll have to do some testing.

All this makes me wonder if the M is really worth it. Or if I'm fine with non-match since they are easier to find. When things settle down I'll have to do some testing.

Would indeed be interesting to do some loads in which the two different types were compared side-by-side to see if there is any change in accuracy or velocity.

Would indeed be interesting to do some loads in which the two different types were compared side-by-side to see if there is any change in accuracy or velocity.

Look at my post above. I have and no difference.

Just so you can read it one more time

So you guys are saying there is no difference between CCI #200 (LRP) and CCI BR2 as well as Fed 210 and Fed 210M? There is obviously a HUGE difference in price between CCI #200 and the CCI BR2 and if we could all get away with just using CCI #200 that would save us all a bundle of cash. Same I guess applies to the Federal.

I was just about to stock up on 10k Fed 205M, does the same apply? Cause I sure wouldn't mind saving the cash and using it towards powder and bullets.

Can't speak for the CCI or 205Ms. I have only tested the 210s and 215s against their M counterparts and found no difference but if it was me I would buy standard 205s and save some money.