• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Difference between Geissle SD-C & SSA

Cproflow

King of the Shank
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2011
Lyons, Colorado
I just put in an order for a SD-C last night, in a sort of experimental whim. I had been leaning towards the SSA--but I thought the flat bow was an interesting concept and I wanted to try it out.

My question is--are these essentially identical triggers in materials of construction, spring design and weight, and 2-stage function--with the only difference being the flat vs. curved bow?

That is what it looks like to me...anybody confirm?

Re: Difference between Geissle SD-C & SSA

You are correct on the only fundamental difference being the flat vs. curved trigger. Same weights of pull in both stages, same construction/safety features, same hammer spring, etc.

Thanks guys...that was what I was hoping to hear.

To say I'm excited is an understatement. My stock GI trigger makes me feel like beating my own dog.

Not that this is really even needed...but I thought I would give a post-install update.

I've never installed a trigger group on a M4, so this took me a little longer that everyone's '10 mins', but I just followed along with Geissle's You Tube video and it was in the end no big deal.

The end result--fantastic. I have never used a 2-stage before, and at 1st I had it in my head that there would be a distinct 'click' in the 1st stage. Wrong. You just squeeze until you hit a distinct (yet soft) wall. From there it is just a light pull till it breaks.
If you need a rapid carbine-course type of fire, you just pull and you don't even know it is a 2-stage.

I'm so sold on this, I looked at the pieces of my GI trigger after the install...and threw them out!

Very nice. I have yet to shoot an AR with a Geissele but I hear they are fantastic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cproflow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not that this is really even needed...but I thought I would give a post-install update.

I've never installed a trigger group on a M4, so this took me a little longer that everyone's '10 mins', but I just followed along with Geissle's You Tube video and it was in the end no big deal.

The end result--fantastic. I have never used a 2-stage before, and at 1st I had it in my head that there would be a distinct 'click' in the 1st stage. Wrong. You just squeeze until you hit a distinct (yet soft) wall. From there it is just a light pull till it breaks.
If you need a rapid carbine-course type of fire, you just pull and you don't even know it is a 2-stage.

I'm so sold on this, I looked at the pieces of my GI trigger after the install...and threw them out! </div></div>

Now the problem is you'll never want anything but the best!!
wink.gif
Seriously, the Geissele triggers are 1st class all the way. I'm glad you accomplished the install and that it blew you away when you were in and done. As for the stock, GI trigger...I'd fish the parts out of the trash if I were you. While they are far from "great" triggers...it is nice to have a spare just in case, AND, they are worth something to somebody if you want a few bucks back in your pocket after spending money on the Geissele.

I have the SSA in one of my AR's and just ordered another for my SPR project. Wasn't to sure about going to an aftermarket trigger but from the first trigger pull I was sold. A world of difference, nice and crisp and clean. I couldn't build my SPR without one.

Geisselle triggers are the heat. I run an SSA and it is worth every penny. Awesome trigger and reliable. You can't go wrong.