• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

difference between Remington 700 models?

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
what is the difference between the Remington 700's (like the adl,sps,blah,blah,blah)? is it just that they have different stocks,triggers,barrels or what?

Re: difference between Remington 700 models?

I'm sure there is a thread or two on this but ADLs have a blind mag and no floor plate. BDLs and CDLs have a blind mag with a hinged floorplate. DMs have a detachable magazine. The SPS, VLS, and all of the other models are variations with different stocks, barrels, etc. Some, like the SPS, have a polymer stock. Other, like the VLS, have a wood stock with a 26" barrel and there are a number of other variations. If you hit the Remington site, the features for the various models are listed.

So if a guy was going to use the action for a build they are basically the same. The action and bolt are pretty much the same, right?

Yep, they're the same unless you have a single shot 40X receiver.

that's good to know i just need a barrel and action at this point then i will eventually replace the barrel with something better but i see no point in spending 700$ bucks on a sps tactical when I'm throwing away everything except the action lol dick's sporting goods sells Remington 700's for 400 bucks

yep thats what i did. dicks by my house was closing, so i picked up an sps-v from them for like 350 out the door and used it for a donor action

how trash are the barrels on them? i plan to stick with it for a couple months untell i have some more $$ to get a new one..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: villhelm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how trash are the barrels on them? i plan to stick with it for a couple months untell i have some more $$ to get a new one..</div></div>

will probably out shoot you and many others, many blame the factory bbls. Buy one and let the copper fill in the imperfections and have fun.