• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Difference in colors

tango6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
IL
Ok I have been looking at every thread and I went through the horrible 70+ pages of the ricke pic thread. and I have seen alot of nice and very nice patterns and colors, The problem is there is no information about colors. I have a 5r and I am planning on getting a stock withing the next month or 2, I will be getting one of these 2.

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php
or
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-606/Manners-T4-Badger-Aluminum/Detail

I like the GAP Desert pattern, and Magpul FDE and Dead earth. I am in IL so the camo pattern and color will be cosmetic I will not be hunting. I have heard that the Magpul FDE is a little light in color. The reason I chose these 2 stocks is that I keep reading about them on here.

Re: Difference in colors

If you plan on getting it in a month or so, I'd order now. I've been waiting 3 months on my McMillan. Not sure if the ones you listed have a lead time.

+1, also if you are looking to buy from stocky's you might want to read the thread on this site about their customer service. I've had a bad experience, others haven't but the choice is yours.

Get a used AICS and put some Viperskins on it. We have FDE, Black, Army Green available right now. You can change them with your mood.

Plus coming up we are doing a OD Fleck Camo color and Coyote color.

MV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Victor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a used AICS and put some Viperskins on it. We have FDE, Black, Army Green available right now. You can change them with your mood.

MV
</div></div>

they just screw onto the stock? I dont like the thumb hole.

Might check Manners site directly on their "ready to ship stocks" part of their site for the T4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Victor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a used AICS and put some Viperskins on it. We have FDE, Black, Army Green available right now. You can change them with your mood.

MV
</div></div>

they just screw onto the stock? I dont like the thumb hole. </div></div>

Yes, it takes 5 minutes and the hex wrenches are provided with your Viperskins. Most people don't like the thumbhole so we designed them to be much more ergonomic than the old AICS skins.

Here are some pics of our skins...

IMG_0152-1.jpg

Viperskins_.jpg

Viperskins1.jpg

Viperskins3.jpg

vskins_flat_dark_earth_20.jpg

You can check out our thread here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2931940&page=1

no thumb hole and with a pistol grip. You have my attention now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no thumb hole and with a pistol grip. You have my attention now </div></div>

Thanks Tango!

Check out our site... we have a bunch of upgrades for the AICS, including two different size pistol grips (Standard and XL) plus our new Grippy Cheekrest which is a must have for AICS shooters.

www.victorcompanyusa.com

I went with the KRG Whiskey 3, stock. I did paint it myself with DuraCoat Magpul flat dark earth.
Rem700withWhiskey3stock021.jpg

+1 on the AICS with the Viper Skins. My first rifle was my 5R .308 on an AICS with the 1.5 thumbhole stock. Now I love the Manners T5 thumbhole, but hated the AICS. I came close to selling it but took a chance on the Viper Skins. Love it ... it's like having a new gun. I got the OD green color which is a nice contrast with my black cerakote barrel/action and scope. I understand a green camo pattern is coming. Wish it had been available when I got mine. Good luck.