• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Differences between FN PBR & SPR

Re: Differences between FN PBR & SPR

I own a PBR and I can positively tell you that to me the biggest difference is cost!! No really the PBR is a 1.5 inch gun at 100 yds and that is from the guys at FNH USA, from what I was told the PBR is discontinued. The SPR is a pre-64 action and the PBR I believe is a post-64. FNH USA has a new one called the PSR it is the replacement for the PBR. So the PBR is old and out dated.

my understanding is that the spr is basically a blueprinted win 70 action

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PBR= push feed
SBR=controlled feed

..........write it down </div></div>

Unless it's a PBR-XP. The XP is controlled feed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same stock footprint? </div></div>

For a PBR-XP, it is a direct drop-in to a SPR stock.

ive seen some PBRs with 2 piece bases as well.. my SPR has a really nice 1 piece Near MFG on it

My PBR XP has shot sub MOA groups with 147s.

I've yet to see its potential on paper at 100 yards with handloads but it did win an F-class match already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conrad101st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It shoots way better than 1.5 though </div></div>

I also have shot better than 1.5, but the CS Rep told me that it was built around the Federal Match 168gr HPBT. I have shot really good groups with a 149gr Winchester XM80 (white box)