• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Differences between M955 and TRG

GB213

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Maryland
Are the recievers the same? Besides the placement of the safety is the trigger the same? Would a M995 rebarreled and in a Whiskey Chassis be very close to a TRG?
Thanks for your input

Re: Differences between M955 and TRG

Yes the Sako M955 (TRG-S) is the same reciver as in the TRG,
And it will fit in a WC3 chassis for the sako TRG.

The trigger is not the same, originally it was a set or single stage trigger, the single stage is quite okay and adjustable from 1-2 kgs pull.
The set trigger i cannot comment on, as i've never tried it, but in general i don't like such triggers much.

If you want a really good match trigger for it Bixn-Andy can make you one that fits, not they're standard sortiment but has been done before.
http://www.bixn-andy.at

If you're gonna drag you're rifle through a trench though you're best bet would be a TRG trigger.

The actions are very nice to build off, and with a new barrel and a WC3 it will be very close to a TRG yes.
If the barrel is changed, and trigger replaced with a good two stage.It's gonna stop by a gunsmith and get the action trued too.
Then i'd prefer this over a TRG no doubt.
Just my personal opinion though.